• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean... if we take #5.. are you going to be happy?? More to the point... is Dan Snyder going to be happy taking the 5th highest rated QB??

Also.. Rotoworld had Watson as a lock for the #1 overall pick in 2017 at this time last year.

And lastly, just because 5 QBs are slated to go in the first round... SHOULD 5 QBs go in the first round?? Desperation at the position will push at least 3 guys who should NOT be first round picks into the first round. For fuck sake Patrick Ramsey was a first round pick. As was Jason Campbell, Johnny Numb Nutz and numerous other guys who should NOT have been first round picks at the QB position.

If nothing else, you need to admit... if we move away from Kirk, Dan and Bruce will be willing to sell the farm again to try and get an elite prospect... and some of the fan base will be right on board with it.

My point is if we are in the middle of the draft we wont have to sell the farm to get one. If KC is not signed to a LTD and we basically have the same year. Its either draft a rookie or pay KC 30 plus million. You don't think the 2018 draft impacts the contract negoations of Kc?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is if we are in the middle of the draft we wont have to sell the farm to get one. If KC is not signed to a LTD and we basically have the same year. Its either draft a rookie or pay KC 30 plus million. You don't think the 2018 draft impacts the contract negoations of Kc?
Not at all KC will have either been signed or a FA by the time the draft rolls around. And say we get the 5th best QB......what are the chances he is as good as KC, let alone better. Please consider history before you respond.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all KC will have either been signed or a FA by the time the draft rolls around. And say we get the 5th best QB......what are the chances he is as good as KC, let alone better. Please consider history before you respond.

I meant the negoations now for KC. If its going to cost 30M for KC and he has stayed the same talent wise and still cant win the big game then yes we will be going the rookie route. Do you think a deal will be done by 7/15?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant the negoations now for KC. If its going to cost 30M for KC and he has stayed the same talent wise and still cant win the big game then yes we will be going the rookie route. Do you think a deal will be done by 7/15?

Dodging the question Dean. What do you think the odds are we get a BETTER QB in next years draft if we are drafting at say #15 in the first round??

Also what do you think the chances are Dan is ok with taking the 3-5th best QB rated in the draft??

Say we are moving on from Kirk, and every one out there has us getting the 5th rated QB in next years class... do you honestly think Dan wont sell the farm to move up to get at minimum the #2 rated QB??

As j_y mentioned... please consider history of this team before you reply.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodging the question Dean. What do you think the odds are we get a BETTER QB in next years draft if we are drafting at say #15 in the first round??

Also what do you think the chances are Dan is ok with taking the 3-5th best QB rated in the draft??

Say we are moving on from Kirk, and every one out there has us getting the 5th rated QB in next years class... do you honestly think Dan wont sell the farm to move up to get at minimum the #2 rated QB??

As j_y mentioned... please consider history of this team before you reply.

Dan would have to accept that he didn't pay KC so he would settle for a rookie Qb. We are not going to see another RG3 trade again. You guys blame Dan for constantly overpaying, now in this case if he is fiscally responsible you are going to blame him for this? I just cant wait to see the offers before 7/15

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan would have to accept that he didn't pay KC so he would settle for a rookie Qb. We are not going to see another RG3 trade again. You guys blame Dan for constantly overpaying, now in this case if he is fiscally responsible you are going to blame him for this? I just cant wait to see the offers before 7/15

Read what you just said and think about it for a moment.

Dan Snyder would settle for a rookie QB. As I said, do you really think Dan would Settle for the 3rd, 4th or 5th rated QB in the draft??

Answer is NO. If Dan is going to go after a rookie QB, we will be trying to trade up for the #1 spot in the draft period.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read what you just said and think about it for a moment.

Dan Snyder would settle for a rookie QB. As I said, do you really think Dan would Settle for the 3rd, 4th or 5th rated QB in the draft??

Answer is NO. If Dan is going to go after a rookie QB, we will be trying to trade up for the #1 spot in the draft period.

that is bullshit. you don't know that so you cant say that.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has he been fiscally responsible????? He will have paid KC $44M between 2016 and 17. He could have had him locked up last year at $18M/y average on the cap. Now there is a good chance for him to retain KC next year, its going to cost another $28-35M. Please explain that fiscal responsibility?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has he been fiscally responsible????? He will have paid KC $44M between 2016 and 17. He could have had him locked up last year at $18M/y average on the cap. Now there is a good chance for him to retain KC next year, its going to cost another $28-35M. Please explain that fiscal responsibility?

that he doenst want to overpay on a long term deal for a QB who hasn't won. Do you think a deal gets done before 7/15? answer it.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that he doenst want to overpay on a long term deal for a QB who hasn't won. Do you think a deal gets done before 7/15? answer it.
He already has overpaid! Its only going to get worse. How is that fiscally responsible??????

I give it a 50% chance of getting a deal done. I give it a 90% chance that if they don't, KC will not be a redskin in 2018 and we will get squat when he walks.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already has overpaid! Its only going to get worse. How is that fiscally responsible??????

I give it a 50% chance of getting a deal done. I give it a 90% chance that if they don't, KC will not be a redskin in 2018 and we will get squat when he walks.

I don't think its going to get done. Overpay for the future. that past is the past now.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its going to get done. Overpay for the future. that past is the past now.
You know, dean, you should be a comedian as you are fucking hilarious. The crap that comes from you posts I just can't help by laugh my ass off. You change with the wind, dude. If I ever get the time, I am going to research all of your posts on this topic and present the entirety of your numerous positions. It may take a while. Because there has been a boatload.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, dean, you should be a comedian as you are fucking hilarious. The crap that comes from you posts I just can't help by laugh my ass off. You change with the wind, dude. If I ever get the time, I am going to research all of your posts on this topic and present the entirety of your numerous positions. It may take a while. Because there has been a boatload.

I always said that I don't think a deal gets done. where have you been.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fiscally responsible? LOL. Almost $45M in guaranteed money thus far that guarantees nothing after this season. That is fiscally responsible?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fiscally responsible? LOL. Almost $45M in guaranteed money thus far that guarantees nothing after this season. That is fiscally responsible?

for the future. whats holding the up the ltd deal? the money.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dean's latest position (#45) is that Dan is just being fiscally responsible. Never mind that this FO has fucked this thing up for the last 2 years.

How do you debate that????

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The FO needs to be reminded that they are adding to the bill everytime that they delay this. Guaranteed money is already $44M+ - could go higher by next offseason. Hopefully they factor this into the guaranteed money (you know that part of the contract that you always conveniently ignore).

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FO needs to be reminded that they are adding to the bill everytime that they delay this. Guaranteed money is already $44M+ - could go higher by next offseason. Hopefully they factor this into the guaranteed money (you know that part of the contract that you always conveniently ignore).

I understand that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dean's latest position (#45) is that Dan is just being fiscally responsible. Never mind that this FO has fucked this thing up for the last 2 years.

How do you debate that????

Im talking about this deal right now. Not the past. Geez.