• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think he fits grudens offense and how he wants qbs to be in the pocket , doesnt make him bad , he just doesnt fit

Yea I think it would definitely take adjustment. But I do think between tyrod, gruden , and the rest of the talent on the offense they could make it work pretty well. But that's all a very unnecessary and irrelevant hypothetical.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it doesn't matter. if we get two first rounders' right now I would take that deal if we cant get a LTD done with him.
who in the hell is giving us 2 1st rounders for a rental ? this is what i am talking about when i say you havent a clue about trades . think things out using your logic . he is all about the money so why would he commit to said trading team when he can force a 35 mil tag on said team or they have to let him go ? then he can do the same shit to them as he is doing to the skins using your own logic against you . so what team would give up 2 1st rounders for that or anything of freaking value ?

you say he is unproven and chokes in big games so above said team under above said circumstances would do that because of what ? they are freaking stupid !!!!

so in summation using your logic for us not to sign him is some mystery team will give us 2 1st round picks for a greedy one year rental who chokes in big games and has a shitty defense that carries him ?? is that about right ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries. Just a tyrod fan is all.

My take is..I want Cousins back. I don't know enough about the negotiations to say more than that.

Three months ago, I might not have believed this. :lol:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically, you are willing to tank this season so we can try and draft a rookie next year?? Because earlier your line was, as long as we get something for Cousins.

not tank. just move on

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who in the hell is giving us 2 1st rounders for a rental ? this is what i am talking about when i say you havent a clue about trades . think things out using your logic . he is all about the money so why would he commit to said trading team when he can force a 35 mil tag on said team or they have to let him go ? then he can do the same shit to them as he is doing to the skins using your own logic against you . so what team would give up 2 1st rounders for that or anything of freaking value ?

you say he is unproven and chokes in big games so above said team under above said circumstances would do that because of what ? they are freaking stupid !!!!

so in summation using your logic for us not to sign him is some mystery team will give us 2 1st round picks for a greedy one year rental who chokes in big games and has a shitty defense that carries him ?? is that about right ?

shark said the new team can work out a new LTD with him

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not tank. just move on

No one on the planet thinks Colt McCoy is a viable starter.

So yea, dealing Kirk and going with Colt is basically saying.. tank the season and hope we can draft the super rookie next year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one on the planet thinks Colt McCoy is a viable starter.

So yea, dealing Kirk and going with Colt is basically saying.. tank the season and hope we can draft the super rookie next year.

I have another question about trades on the franchise tag. IF the 49ers workout a LTD with KC and offer ample compensation to the Redskins could it be possible that the Redskins would let him go after the 7/15 deadline? Or does all this have to be done before the 7/15 deadline?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have another question about trades on the franchise tag. IF the 49ers workout a LTD with KC and offer ample compensation to the Redskins could it be possible that the Redskins would let him go after the 7/15 deadline? Or does all this have to be done before the 7/15 deadline?

Unless he is traded before the 15, the team who gets him can not even talk to him about a long term deal until their season ends. The 49ers aint going to deal for him for anything that would make you happy, because simply put.. you dont do any favors for the guy that fired you and your dad. So if the Niners deal for Kirk before the 7/15 deadline, the most I see the Redskins getting is a conditional 3rd rounder. And thats on the high end

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he is traded before the 15, the team who gets him can not even talk to him about a long term deal until their season ends. The 49ers aint going to deal for him for anything that would make you happy, because simply put.. you dont do any favors for the guy that fired you and your dad. So if the Niners deal for Kirk before the 7/15 deadline, the most I see the Redskins getting is a conditional 3rd rounder. And thats on the high end

Ok. That is what I wanted to know. Thanks. So all of us are just waiting for if he signs lt before 7/15. If not we go through this again next year. I just wanted to know all the options.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. That is what I wanted to know. Thanks. So all of us are just waiting for if he signs lt before 7/15. If not we go through this again next year. I just wanted to know all the options.

Except next season we don't go through this. Next season he is a FA.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It needs to be a realistic offer.

If IT is not a realistic offer, then next year we will be debating on how much should the team be willing to give up in trade for the next RG3.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shark said the new team can work out a new LTD with him

ok dean using your talking points what incentive does KC have to not play on the tag this year and hit the open market like the greedy all about money bitch you say he is . come on man damn what changes if he is shipped to cleveland ? or the JETS or even denver ?

sure dean technically the new team could negotiate before the july limit but at midseason they are stuck . 12 mil this season , 35 mil tag next season to keep him and of course he would have to have bombed so badly that the skins are out of playoff contention to even begin to justify that trade to fans ( which should give teams some concern as to if he is worth it )

and they would have given up 2 1 st rounders to boot or you think the skins should take less ? this is the BS you are running and this is why we believe you are an ABC guy because of the stupidness of the scenario you are laying out .

if you arent smart enough to know what you are saying is complete nonsense then you arent smart enough to be in this conversation

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except next season we don't go through this. Next season he is a FA.
nope that is not true , we have 2 tags to use and i know about the transition tag and teams out bidding us for the transition tag however that would take a hell of a front loaded offer and i cant see that from the browns or jets . the 2 teams that could do it

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope that is not true , we have 2 tags to use and i know about the transition tag and teams out bidding us for the transition tag however that would take a hell of a front loaded offer and i cant see that from the browns or jets . the 2 teams that could do it

SF as well. We will get nothing for KC if we don't resign him this season.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And realistically, it is one tag, because everybody knows we aren't using the FT at 35 million.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And realistically, it is one tag, because everybody knows we aren't using the FT at 35 million.
And we won't transition tag him, either. If we do, guess where the LTD negotiations begin? We've been burned on that twice. Think Allen will have learned? We either get him signed by 7/15 or we push hard during that period between season end and FA begins. Although I see no reason why KC would agree to anything during that period.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we won't transition tag him, either. If we do, guess where the LTD negotiations begin? We've been burned on that twice. Think Allen will have learned? We either get him signed by 7/15 or we push hard during that period between season end and FA begins. Although I see no reason why KC would agree to anything during that period.

It is very easy. Kirk here is your contract. 30 mil signing bonus, 6 years, 140 million, first two years guaranteed at 15 million and 17 million. He either accepts or pushes back a little. OK KC, you got us...can you meet us half way?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is very easy. Kirk here is your contract. 30 mil signing bonus, 6 years, 140 million, first two years guaranteed at 15 million and 17 million. He either accepts or pushes back a little. OK KC, you got us...can you meet us half way?
That would be a start and the first real offer extended since this fiasco began.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Normally I would agree w/ you. However - this team is either stupid enough or has such a big ego that they may actually apply that tag (which makes zero sense I realize).

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I would agree w/ you. However - this team is either stupid enough or has such a big ego that they may actually apply that tag (which makes zero sense I realize).
If they did (which is certainly possible with this FO), they would be the laughing stock of the league.