• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-12 million more due at signing simply means he got a bigger signing bonus, basically. That spreads over the life of the contract, approximately 2 mil a season. Keep up here Deano.

I didn't say the Skins would say no. I said SF wouldn't make the offer.

Let me get this straight. You are saying KC has no trade value after 7/15??

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His best WR wasn't Woods. He doesn't make anybody on his team better. He helps in the running game but is that the kind of QB we want? I sure as hell don't. You do not win with Tyron Taylor.

Who was his best wr then? Watkins was healthy for what 2 games?

You don't win with tyrod? How could you know that? I mean sure you might not. But you might not win with kirk either.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or 8-12 mil due at signing. Why would they let him hit the market? Plus it would be cheaper for them to do the deal this year. You are trying to tell me the if Sf approached the Skins 8/1 and said we will give you a 1st rounder for KC the Skins will say no?

Do some research.

If Kirk doesnt sign a long term deal by 7/15, he cant talk long term deal with ANY team until March 2018. So why would the Niners make this in season trade you are so desperate for?? Simply to secure the rights to franchise tag Kirk and not have to go into a bidding war next off season??

I he isnt signed to a long term deal by the 15th, he wont be traded because no one is going to give up a first rounder for an 8 game rental just to do the Redskins a solid. Least of all the HC who the Redskins fired.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get this straight. You are saying KC has no trade value after 7/15??

Zero. Because its $12M plus giving up draft picks for a QB you cant even TALK to about a long term contract until March. Would you be ok with the Redskins giving up a 1st rounder and more (which is what you expect we will get) for a player we might then have to Franchise tag at a cost of $35M any way??

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't win with tyrod? How could you know that? I mean sure you might not. But you might not win with kirk either.

Sammy Watkins is his best. Sammy doesn't want Tyrod throwing to him.

Have we won both seasons with KC as a starter? Yes

Have we improved, on paper, this offseason? Yes

Is there reason to believe KC won't win this season? Nope

Has Tyrod ever won?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do some research.

If Kirk doesnt sign a long term deal by 7/15, he cant talk long term deal with ANY team until March 2018. So why would the Niners make this in season trade you are so desperate for?? Simply to secure the rights to franchise tag Kirk and not have to go into a bidding war next off season??

I he isnt signed to a long term deal by the 15th, he wont be traded because no one is going to give up a first rounder for an 8 game rental just to do the Redskins a solid. Least of all the HC who the Redskins fired.

Franchise tag at 35 million.

Dream world people.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry boss. But to get Taylor would have required a trade to begin with. So if we were seriously going to trade for a QB that doesnt fit what we want to do on offense, that to me screams of... fuck it any one but Cousins. Not to mention the fact that before he redid his deal with the BIlls, Taylor was set to pick up a $30M guarantee escalator. So simply put, you dont trade for a guy who you might not be able to get to rework his contract in this situation..... unless you have decided we simply need some one, anyone other than Cousins.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero. Because its $12M plus giving up draft picks for a QB you cant even TALK to about a long term contract until March. Would you be ok with the Redskins giving up a 1st rounder and more (which is what you expect we will get) for a player we might then have to Franchise tag at a cost of $35M any way??

I thought you told me that KC could of have been traded this year. My bad.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you told me that KC could of have been traded this year. My bad.

Oh he can be, the thing you are missing is, why would any one??

Lets say we traded him just before the trade deadline. That would mean the team that trades for him will pay $12M in cap charges, give up what ever it costs in draft picks, and all they really get out of it is the right to franchise tag Kirk come March 2018. Because they wont be able to talk long term contract with him until the end of the season. So at best they are paying $12M and giving up draft picks so that they dont have to get into a bidding war over a player that you are convinced isnt going to sign a long term deal because he wants to hit FA and start said named bidding war any way.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I might get heckled for this, but Tyrod Taylor should have been on the radar. The Bills got him back at a good price. I bet he would have jumped at the chance to come play for us.

Heckle .... heckle .... heckle. :thumb:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh he can be, the thing you are missing is, why would any one??

Lets say we traded him just before the trade deadline. That would mean the team that trades for him will pay $12M in cap charges, give up what ever it costs in draft picks, and all they really get out of it is the right to franchise tag Kirk come March 2018. Because they wont be able to talk long term contract with him until the end of the season. So at best they are paying $12M and giving up draft picks so that they dont have to get into a bidding war over a player that you are convinced isnt going to sign a long term deal because he wants to hit FA and start said named bidding war any way.

But the team who trades for him owns his rights. SO they can do a deal with him before he hits FA. right?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the team who trades for him owns his rights. SO they can do a deal with him before he hits FA. right?

Would you give up $12M and a first rounder for the rights to a player??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where are you getting the 12m from?

Kirk is scheduled to make $24M guaranteed this year. If we traded him at the trade deadline, the team getting him would need to eat half his guaranteed salary. So $12M.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk is scheduled to make $24M guaranteed this year. If we traded him at the trade deadline, the team getting him would need to eat half his guaranteed salary. So $12M.

what about a trade now? I am thinking of when we had Sean Glibert. He was a franchise player and we traded him. Remember that?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about a trade now? I am thinking of when we had Sean Glibert. He was a franchise player and we traded him. Remember that?

If we trade him now, the team getting him eats his entire salary of $24M.

But two questions arise..

1. What do they give up to get him.

2. Who do we put in at QB?? Because dealing Kirk and starting McCoy is basically saying we are going to tank the season and draft a QB next year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade him now, the team getting him eats his entire salary of $24M.

But two questions arise..

1. What do they give up to get him.

2. Who do we put in at QB?? Because dealing Kirk and starting McCoy is basically saying we are going to tank the season and draft a QB next year.

We got 2 first round picks for Sean Glibert when he went to the Panthers. Do the same rules apply here?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got 2 first round picks for Sean Glibert when he went to the Panthers. Do the same rules apply here?

Sure they do.. but again.. who would we then put at QB??