• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What more do they want him to do? Oh yeah, win games. He has a winning record for the last two years, the first QB in decades for us to do that. Oh yeah, beat winning teams. So now he is supposed to play defense and STs?

This time last year, it was "he can't throw the long ball". 2 years ago, it was he throws too many INTs. Well, he has addressed both of those issues. So now it is a new excuse. But Matt Stafford, on the other hand, is one of the best QBs in the league and has earned a new contract. For what reason? His winning percentage is below KCs. He has never won a playoff game. He has had games where his last minute INTs lost the game.

NO, there is some other reason......I won't speculate, but clearly either those thinking KC level QBs don't deserve the big contract (but stafford and carr do) because they haven't done their homework or they just dont want KC long term.

See I just think all 3 are overrated :D

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of this whole topic at this point, but I'll say one more thing. This latest argument to come out, that KC is being greedy and that is the hold up, is asinine. This entire fiasco is the fault of the front office mismanaging the KC contract. At the risk of sounding like Dean, 95% of all "experts" that have weighed in on this point to missteps by Allen and the FO for the situation this franchise finds itself in.....again. Why does everything that the Redskins do have to be surrounded by such melodrama? KC's agent is just doing his job. It is his job to maximize his client's earnings. Period. And this front office has given him all the ammo he needs to do just that. Ironically, for those that blame KC and his agent for being greedy or for wanting to be the highest paid, blah, blah, blah, they really don't know because this FO has never offered a real, acceptable, contract to KC IN 2 FUCKING YEARS! EVER!!!! And they want to blame KC for being greedy. If you were KC, wouldnt you be a bit concerned by this fact and really wonder if this team wants you or if this is really your home long term? Is it so outrageous to think that maybe this place isn't your long term home since your boss, while saying that they really want you at your job, keeps blowing you off every time you want to talk about your future and he really is just buying time until he can find your replacement? That argument is just fucking laughable. No, when you see folks take positions like this, you can't help but wonder that they really don't want to see this happen and this is just excuse #115.

Word. I don't know how this whole mess shakes out but no matter what happens there is one person who doesn't deserve any blame and that's Cousins.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as dean plays dodgeball again whom do you go with if KC walks ? garraplo ? and how much will it cost ?

I know I might get heckled for this, but Tyrod Taylor should have been on the radar. The Bills got him back at a good price. I bet he would have jumped at the chance to come play for us.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean's POV doesnt make sense on so many fronts . KC isnt good enough for us to give big money too however other teams will and give us picks because "they " are stupid ?

and what about next season ? we just tank that ? and the fans will be ok with that ?

and of course what do we do as a team ? the answer he never wants to give

I mean I think a lot of what he's saying is nonsense (though in his defense I haven't read the past 60 pages of this damn thread). But that first part could make sense. Teams do stupid shit. Brock Osweiler had teams lining up to throw money at him a year ago.

Now obviously kirk isn't osweiler. But teams do stupid shit all the time.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they won't because no his won't. If he has a huge year, his stock won't really go up that much because the demand won't change. If he has an OK year, his stock won't really go down much because the demand won't change.

Huh? If KC had a huge year and got this team into the playoffs, maybe even won a couple games.. you don't think the demand for him would be any different than he was right now? He would the be the biggest free agent QB on the market (entering the peak of his career) in some time, maybe ever. There would be GMs lining up ready to give away their family members to get him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they won't because no his won't. If he has a huge year, his stock won't really go up that much because the demand won't change. If he has an OK year, his stock won't really go down much because the demand won't change.

Teams will not trade for him mid season and why would they give up picks for him this season? He has already missed parts of camp and needs to learn the playbook.

I disagree. KC will draw interest in FA. KC and Houston just gave up 1st rounders' for unknown players. Sf is foolish if they don't offer something if KC gets past the 7/15 deadline.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? If KC had a huge year and got this team into the playoffs, maybe even won a couple games.. you don't think the demand for him would be any different than he was right now? He would the be the biggest free agent QB on the market (entering the peak of his career) in some time, maybe ever. There would be GMs lining up ready to give away their family members to get him.

I agree. The trade option has to be looked at if he is not signed to a LTD by 7/15.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The demand wouldn't be any different because teams that need a QB are teams that need a QB. His success this season won't change the fact another team needs a QB. The teams that can afford him, will be the teams that can afford him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The demand wouldn't be any different because teams that need a QB are teams that need a QB. His success this season won't change the fact another team needs a QB. The teams that can afford him, will be the teams that can afford him.

The Jets, Browns and 49ers can all afford KC so there could be a bidding war.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. KC will draw interest in FA. KC and Houston just gave up 1st rounders' for unknown players. Sf is foolish if they don't offer something if KC gets past the 7/15 deadline.

Who said he won't draw interest in FA? Yes, KC and Houston just gave up first rounders. They are out of the market. Teams won't give up a first for KC after the deadline because we no longer have options regarding him. If they want to trade for him, they still have to come to a contractual agreement with him. That takes time. As a QB, he won't be ready for preseason, let alone the regular season that is right around the corner.

Why would SF offer anything? That is the rumored favored spot for KC in FA.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said he won't draw interest in FA? Yes, KC and Houston just gave up first rounders. They are out of the market. Teams won't give up a first for KC after the deadline because we no longer have options regarding him. If they want to trade for him, they still have to come to a contractual agreement with him. That takes time. As a QB, he won't be ready for preseason, let alone the regular season that is right around the corner.

Why would SF offer anything? That is the rumored favored spot for KC in FA.

Sf would offer something so they wont have to compete with the Jets, Browns or other teams in FA. IF KC hits FA he either stays here or goes for the most gmoney somewhere else.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I might get heckled for this, but Tyrod Taylor should have been on the radar. The Bills got him back at a good price. I bet he would have jumped at the chance to come play for us.

So, he throws for 2,000 yards less on an offense that runs better with a better defense, and has a worse record, but you would have been happy with him over our QB with a winning record, a worse defense and zero running game...just because KC will cost more?

Thank God we didn't waste our time because he doesn't even fit our offense. Your statement officially means you just don't want KC...end of story. At least you almost admit it.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sf would offer something so they wont have to compete with the Jets, Browns or other teams in FA. IF KC hits FA he either stays here or goes for the most gmoney somewhere else.

KC will go where he wants. SF won't give up picks because a million or two more dollars next offseason is not worth losing the picks. They will just pay KC...like we should.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC will go where he wants. SF won't give up picks because a million or two more dollars next offseason is not worth losing the picks. They will just pay KC...like we should.

it wont be a million or 2. It could be 8-12mg. Why risk it? Kc will go to the highest bidder. Im saying if he gets past the 7/15 deadline. Sure its possible that Kc will accept the blank check from Dan right now. That is the only way it gets done now. Like all you guys said, KC turns down the Luck deal to hit FA.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wont be a million or 2. It could be 8-12mg. Why risk it? Kc will go to the highest bidder. Im saying if he gets past the 7/15 deadline. Sure its possible that Kc will accept the blank check from Dan right now. That is the only way it gets done now. Like all you guys said, KC turns down the Luck deal to hit FA.

SF won't worry about the guaranteed money because they would actually commit. Do me a favor...8-12 million over a five or six year contract is how much annually? That is right...a couple million.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF won't worry about the guaranteed money because they would actually commit. Do me a favor...8-12 million over a five or six year contract is how much annually? That is right...a couple million.

or 8-12 mil due at signing. Why would they let him hit the market? Plus it would be cheaper for them to do the deal this year. You are trying to tell me the if Sf approached the Skins 8/1 and said we will give you a 1st rounder for KC the Skins will say no?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, he throws for 2,000 yards less on an offense that runs better with a better defense, and has a worse record, but you would have been happy with him over our QB with a winning record, a worse defense and zero running game...just because KC will cost more?

Thank God we didn't waste our time because he doesn't even fit our offense. Your statement officially means you just don't want KC...end of story. At least you almost admit it.

Ok for one this is just a super slanted take on tyrod. His top WR was Robert freaking woods. And that running game was significantly aided by tyrod himself. Tyrod is a solid quarterback. If he were our QB I think the talk about him on this board would be a hell of a lot different.

And I'm not trying to speak for VT here but I don't think he said anything about taking tyrod over cousins.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok for one this is just a super slanted take on tyrod. His top WR was Robert freaking woods. And that running game was significantly aided by tyrod himself. Tyrod is a solid quarterback. If he were our QB I think the talk about him on this board would be a hell of a lot different.

And I'm not trying to speak for VT here but I don't think he said anything about taking tyrod over cousins.

His best WR wasn't Woods. He doesn't make anybody on his team better. He helps in the running game but is that the kind of QB we want? I sure as hell don't. You do not win with Tyron Taylor.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or 8-12 mil due at signing. Why would they let him hit the market? Plus it would be cheaper for them to do the deal this year. You are trying to tell me the if Sf approached the Skins 8/1 and said we will give you a 1st rounder for KC the Skins will say no?

8-12 million more due at signing simply means he got a bigger signing bonus, basically. That spreads over the life of the contract, approximately 2 mil a season. Keep up here Deano.

I didn't say the Skins would say no. I said SF wouldn't make the offer.