• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as dean plays dodgeball again whom do you go with if KC walks ? garraplo ? and how much will it cost ?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. The Luck deal is market value and more than fair for KC. Its funny, you guys want to bitch and moan about being fair and giving KC the big $$ deal but what you guys are failing to realize (or admit) is that most QBs who have record of 19-21-1 with 1 loss in 1 playoff appearance don't get that deal.

Have you seen stafford's record? Does he not deserve a new contract? Or even car's record? Both have losing career records.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as dean plays dodgeball again whom do you go with if KC walks ? garraplo ? and how much will it cost ?

If the Redskins know that KC wont sign back with them you have to look at all options. This is basing on a deal doesn't get signed for 7/15.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen stafford's record? Does he not deserve a new contract? Or even car's record? Both have losing career records.

None of this matters though. Carr and Stafford have PROVED they are worth this kind of deal... Cousins.. apparently needs to prove more. Or so thats what we keep being told.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't Kc's price go down if he has a bad year?

plus. what if someone offers us a trade?

How bad a season? Realistically, KC's price will not go down because he is a top ten QB in his prime.

Nobody is going to offer a mid season trade for a QB. The position requires too much work. Offenses are very nuanced so they will wait until the season ends.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of this matters though. Carr and Stafford have PROVED they are worth this kind of deal... Cousins.. apparently needs to prove more. Or so thats what we keep being told.
What more do they want him to do? Oh yeah, win games. He has a winning record for the last two years, the first QB in decades for us to do that. Oh yeah, beat winning teams. So now he is supposed to play defense and STs?

This time last year, it was "he can't throw the long ball". 2 years ago, it was he throws too many INTs. Well, he has addressed both of those issues. So now it is a new excuse. But Matt Stafford, on the other hand, is one of the best QBs in the league and has earned a new contract. For what reason? His winning percentage is below KCs. He has never won a playoff game. He has had games where his last minute INTs lost the game.

NO, there is some other reason......I won't speculate, but clearly either those thinking KC level QBs don't deserve the big contract (but stafford and carr do) because they haven't done their homework or they just dont want KC long term.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What more do they want him to do? Oh yeah, win games. He has a winning record for the last two years, the first QB in decades for us to do that. Oh yeah, beat winning teams. So now he is supposed to play defense and STs?

This time last year, it was "he can't throw the long ball". 2 years ago, it was he throws too many INTs. Well, he has addressed both of those issues. So now it is a new excuse. But Matt Stafford, on the other hand, is one of the best QBs in the league and has earned a new contract. For what reason? His winning percentage is below KCs. He has never won a playoff game. He has had games where his last minute INTs lost the game.

NO, there is some other reason......I won't speculate, but clearly either those thinking KC level QBs don't deserve the big contract (but stafford and carr do) because they haven't done their homework or they just dont want KC long term.

You aint the only one thinking this way. Thing is, some people simply wont admit they just dont want Cousins long term.

If he gets us into the playoffs and wins a game, having played on the tag. I expect the talk will center around

1. He wants too much.
2 Anyone could have done what he did with the talent we gave him
3. We would be better off trading him and taking one of these super rookies.. It would save us cap space and see #2.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aint the only one thinking this way. Thing is, some people simply wont admit they just dont want Cousins long term.

If he gets us into the playoffs and wins a game, having played on the tag. I expect the talk will center around

1. He wants too much.
2 Anyone could have done what he did with the talent we gave him
3. We would be better off trading him and taking one of these super rookies.. It would save us cap space and see #2.
I'm tired of this whole topic at this point, but I'll say one more thing. This latest argument to come out, that KC is being greedy and that is the hold up, is asinine. This entire fiasco is the fault of the front office mismanaging the KC contract. At the risk of sounding like Dean, 95% of all "experts" that have weighed in on this point to missteps by Allen and the FO for the situation this franchise finds itself in.....again. Why does everything that the Redskins do have to be surrounded by such melodrama? KC's agent is just doing his job. It is his job to maximize his client's earnings. Period. And this front office has given him all the ammo he needs to do just that. Ironically, for those that blame KC and his agent for being greedy or for wanting to be the highest paid, blah, blah, blah, they really don't know because this FO has never offered a real, acceptable, contract to KC IN 2 FUCKING YEARS! EVER!!!! And they want to blame KC for being greedy. If you were KC, wouldnt you be a bit concerned by this fact and really wonder if this team wants you or if this is really your home long term? Is it so outrageous to think that maybe this place isn't your long term home since your boss, while saying that they really want you at your job, keeps blowing you off every time you want to talk about your future and he really is just buying time until he can find your replacement? That argument is just fucking laughable. No, when you see folks take positions like this, you can't help but wonder that they really don't want to see this happen and this is just excuse #115.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad a season? Realistically, KC's price will not go down because he is a top ten QB in his prime.

Nobody is going to offer a mid season trade for a QB. The position requires too much work. Offenses are very nuanced so they will wait until the season ends.

Why wouldn't a team offer a trade to keep KC off the 2018 Fa market? If I am the 49ers I would be offering the Redskins trades. Sure they can get a QB in the 2018 draft by probably being a top 10 pick but wouldn't Kyle want KC instead. The money isn't the issue b/c of there cap room. I think a 1st and 3rd does it if not now then mid season.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't a team offer a trade to keep KC off the 2018 Fa market? If I am the 49ers I would be offering the Redskins trades. Sure they can get a QB in the 2018 draft by probably being a top 10 pick but wouldn't Kyle want KC instead. The money isn't the issue b/c of there cap room. I think a 1st and 3rd does it if not now then mid season.
So here is what I dont get, dean. You continue to claim that Kyle would want KC and pay big money (and picks) to land him. But you don't think the Redskins should do so at this time. If the Skins don't think he is he is good enough, why would Kyle? SO what is it? DO you think KC is a quality QB that will warrant big money and commitment or not?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here is what I dont get, dean. You continue to claim that Kyle would want KC and pay big money (and picks) to land him. But you don't think the Redskins should do so at this time. If the Skins don't think he is he is good enough, why would Kyle? SO what is it? DO you think KC is a quality QB that will warrant big money and commitment or not?

Im just saying if we cant get a deal done by 7/15 trade options should be looked at. Kc is not going to sign back with us unless its a huge deal by 7/15. Just my opinion. If no trade is done and the same thing happens this year 8 or 9 win season with no playoffs then I cant see the Redskins giving him 30m next year in FA. Plus other teams will just outbid the Redskins if he is not successful in the 2017 season here.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just saying if we cant get a deal done by 7/15 trade options should be looked at. Kc is not going to sign back with us unless its a huge deal by 7/15. Just my opinion. If no trade is done and the same thing happens this year 8 or 9 win season with no playoffs then I cant see the Redskins giving him 30m next year in FA. Plus other teams will just outbid the Redskins if he is not successful in the 2017 season here.
But my point is if you don't think he warrants the Redskins offering him a lucrative LTD at this time, why would you think that Kyle, or any other team, be willing to trade for him and pay his huge salary as well as give up top picks? You can't have it both ways. This isn't about if KC wants to be here, this is about what YOU think KC is worth and then apply that to all NFL teams when thinking he is trade worthy.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing. It was just a few short weeks ago, you were adamant that no team would outbid Dan for KC next year. Now you are saying that is a possibility? So we do risk losing him next year to teams that we cannot compete against in terms of contract value? If he is not successful, why would any team want to outbid us?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In order for us to trade KC, before the season or during, he would have to agree on a contract with them. So why would he agree to a contract with a team he doesn't want to go to? If he wanted to go to that team, what do you think we could actually get? Why would KC want to take future draft capital from his new team when he could just sign next season? No team will give us a single first for KC now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean's POV doesnt make sense on so many fronts . KC isnt good enough for us to give big money too however other teams will and give us picks because "they " are stupid ?

and what about next season ? we just tank that ? and the fans will be ok with that ?

and of course what do we do as a team ? the answer he never wants to give

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order for us to trade KC, before the season or during, he would have to agree on a contract with them. So why would he agree to a contract with a team he doesn't want to go to? If he wanted to go to that team, what do you think we could actually get? Why would KC want to take future draft capital from his new team when he could just sign next season? No team will give us a single first for KC now.

teams will give up draft capital b/c if he does play well his year his price could skyrocket.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing. It was just a few short weeks ago, you were adamant that no team would outbid Dan for KC next year. Now you are saying that is a possibility? So we do risk losing him next year to teams that we cannot compete against in terms of contract value? If he is not successful, why would any team want to outbid us?

Danny will pay if he play well. I just don't want to see him leave and get nothing for him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean's POV doesnt make sense on so many fronts . KC isnt good enough for us to give big money too however other teams will and give us picks because "they " are stupid ?

and what about next season ? we just tank that ? and the fans will be ok with that ?

and of course what do we do as a team ? the answer he never wants to give

it all depends on if he signs before 7/15. If he doesn't there are options to move him. I don't want to lose KC and get nothing for him. We have another offseason to think about what will happen at QB

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams will give up draft capital b/c if he does play well his year his price could skyrocket.

No they won't because no his won't. If he has a huge year, his stock won't really go up that much because the demand won't change. If he has an OK year, his stock won't really go down much because the demand won't change.

Teams will not trade for him mid season and why would they give up picks for him this season? He has already missed parts of camp and needs to learn the playbook.