• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they do.. but again.. who would we then put at QB??

Then what the hell are you saying? If a deal cant be worked out between us and KC. Kc can be traded for draft picks right now then the 49ers can make a new deal with him this year. Im not saying we would get 2 firss but we can get something.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny will pay if he play well. I just don't want to see him leave and get nothing for him.
Neither do I, but that ship has sailed. No one is trading for a half year rental.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what the hell are you saying? If a deal cant be worked out between us and KC. Kc can be traded for draft picks right now then the 49ers can make a new deal with him this year. Im not saying we would get 2 firss but we can get something.

That wasnt my question Dean.

I have said yes we could deal him right now. And if we did so, the team taking him would have until the 15th to work out a long term deal.

But you have not answered the question... if we dealt him right this second, who plays QB for the Redskins.

See you have already said, well as long as we get SOMETHING. So sure, we got something, now who starts at QB for this team this year and going forward??

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams will give up draft capital b/c if he does play well his year his price could skyrocket.
Which is exactly our point. Sign him now because his price is only going up.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither do I, but that ship has sailed. No one is trading for a half year rental.

Dean wants to see him gone, he just wants to make sure we get SOMETHING for him.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell is this thread still going?? I'm like 60 pages behind lol
Don't worry, you haven't missed anything.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? If KC had a huge year and got this team into the playoffs, maybe even won a couple games.. you don't think the demand for him would be any different than he was right now? He would the be the biggest free agent QB on the market (entering the peak of his career) in some time, maybe ever. There would be GMs lining up ready to give away their family members to get him.
unfortunately how does that help us sign him ? how does that help now ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean you have got to be the least educated man about the cap and trades i have ever dealt with

what part does , why would anyone trade draft capitol to get a 1/2 year rental ? you say KC is all about the money on one hand and yet he wouldnt be all about the money of he is traded to another team for 1/2 a year ?

ok gotha , and this is how we know you are ABC because of this stupid shit right here

and what is "something " a 1st rounder , 2nd rounder ? 3rd rounder ? a pair of 4th's 5th's or 6th's

then of course you want to line up mccoy and suds for this season ? WTF?

this is all about that golden boy rookie thing because no one can be this simple minded

look we have 2 choices if he leaves , bid for garaplo or draft a qb . it will cost us dearly to get in position to draft the best one so you would have to wait, hope and pray a good one falls or you gut a couple of drafts like we did with RG3

and to top it all off i think we made enough progress on the defensive side to get a middle of the pack defense going and with another solid draft maybe pop into the top 10 and then we have a bonafide contender

but let toss it all away because we dont want a good proven qb

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ONLY 645 Hours left

:D

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasnt my question Dean.

I have said yes we could deal him right now. And if we did so, the team taking him would have until the 15th to work out a long term deal.

But you have not answered the question... if we dealt him right this second, who plays QB for the Redskins.

See you have already said, well as long as we get SOMETHING. So sure, we got something, now who starts at QB for this team this year and going forward??

it doesn't matter. if we get two first rounders' right now I would take that deal if we cant get a LTD done with him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean you have got to be the least educated man about the cap and trades i have ever dealt with

what part does , why would anyone trade draft capitol to get a 1/2 year rental ? you say KC is all about the money on one hand and yet he wouldnt be all about the money of he is traded to another team for 1/2 a year ?

ok gotha , and this is how we know you are ABC because of this stupid shit right here

and what is "something " a 1st rounder , 2nd rounder ? 3rd rounder ? a pair of 4th's 5th's or 6th's

then of course you want to line up mccoy and suds for this season ? WTF?

this is all about that golden boy rookie thing because no one can be this simple minded

look we have 2 choices if he leaves , bid for garaplo or draft a qb . it will cost us dearly to get in position to draft the best one so you would have to wait, hope and pray a good one falls or you gut a couple of drafts like we did with RG3

and to top it all off i think we made enough progress on the defensive side to get a middle of the pack defense going and with another solid draft maybe pop into the top 10 and then we have a bonafide contender

but let toss it all away because we dont want a good proven qb

I was just confused on how a trade would work

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it doesn't matter. if we get two first rounders' right now I would take that deal if we cant get a LTD done with him.

So basically, you are willing to tank this season so we can try and draft a rookie next year?? Because earlier your line was, as long as we get something for Cousins.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy Watkins is his best. Sammy doesn't want Tyrod throwing to him.

Have we won both seasons with KC as a starter? Yes

Have we improved, on paper, this offseason? Yes

Is there reason to believe KC won't win this season? Nope

Has Tyrod ever won?

What what what. Where has Sammy said that?

And like I said...Sammy was healthy for about 2 games last season. You won't find a bigger sammy watkins fan on this board. He's an absolute monster when healthy. But he was not even close to healthy last year.

Uhh Tyrod has a better winning percentage than Cousins....

If you count just the last 2 years Kirk edges him by 3 but I think has been in a better situation.

Also..
#qbwinzzzz

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry boss. But to get Taylor would have required a trade to begin with. So if we were seriously going to trade for a QB that doesnt fit what we want to do on offense, that to me screams of... fuck it any one but Cousins. Not to mention the fact that before he redid his deal with the BIlls, Taylor was set to pick up a $30M guarantee escalator. So simply put, you dont trade for a guy who you might not be able to get to rework his contract in this situation..... unless you have decided we simply need some one, anyone other than Cousins.

Did I say we should trade for him?

Simply defending him as a quarterback. He's way closer to Cousins' level than people on here are willing to admit.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Simply defending him as a quarterback. He's way closer to Cousins' level than people on here are willing to admit.

Come on bro, be realistic. To get Taylor would have required a trade. So defacto, saying we should get Taylor to replace Cousins is basically saying... we should make a trade to replace Cousins.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on bro, be realistic. To get Taylor would have required a trade. So defacto, saying we should get Taylor to replace Cousins is basically saying... we should make a trade to replace Cousins.

What? I didn't say go get Taylor. Not sure where you're getting that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? I didn't say go get Taylor. Not sure where you're getting that.

Forgive me if I misread your intent.

But there have been alot of hypothetical thrown out that boil down to do what ever it takes to not have Cousins as our QB.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont think he fits grudens offense and how he wants qbs to be in the pocket , doesnt make him bad , he just doesnt fit

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgive me if I misread your intent.

But there have been alot of hypothetical thrown out that boil down to do what ever it takes to not have Cousins as our QB.

No worries. Just a tyrod fan is all.

My take is..I want Cousins back. I don't know enough about the negotiations to say more than that.