• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok stat boy. Answer this question honestly. Were KC's stats inflated last year?
Which stats? His completion%? His average yard per reception? His pass delivery rate? His INT as % of attempts?

Now, answer this question honestly, were stafford's stats inflated last year?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok stat boy. Answer this question honestly. Were KC's stats inflated last year?

Stat boy? LOL. I will call you the tap dancer since you dance around things & change your opinions every 5 minutes. Beyond stats I thought that you said that wins were the most important factor. I already showed you that the Lions lost more games than the Skins the last few years & Carr only beat one winning team last season (the Redskins & because of the failure of their defense at the end of the game as well as Jones inability to hold onto the ball).

What else do you want to factor in to favor Stafford over Cousins? His draft position, his haircut, his friendship with Kershaw? Again - do your freaking homework. If you are going to debate something then please come prepared with facts to back up your opinion. Please - go break another TV.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO. I take KC over Alex smith and Tyrod Taylor. IMO KC is not a top 10 Qb in this league. He is a good QB with over inflated stats last year b/c of no running game.
But the 5th rookie to be taken in next year's draft will be a top 10 QB? How about Colt? Will be be an improvement? Or are you and Coach together on the Sudfield bandwagon? Will any of those guys make this team better over KC?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO. I take KC over Alex smith and Tyrod Taylor. IMO KC is not a top 10 Qb in this league. He is a good QB with over inflated stats last year b/c of no running game.

Let me get this straight - a bad running game makes a QB look better. OK.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 100% convinced now that Dean hates Cousins - deny all that you like.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt. Ever since that Giants game, he was done. Which is fine, just come out and admit it. But he comes up with the lamest excuses and then can't back them up so he develops another one. Then he wonders why he is accused of waffling all over the place. See that's the problem with not being honest. The subsequent lies get really hard to keep track of and defend.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate that opening comment - and the same to you. And I should clarify my thoughts a little better. I'm not a guy who believes you NEED a great QB to win it all. If the rest of the team is great, you don't necessarily need a great QB. But if the slightly above average QB is taking 25 million a year against the cap, it's virtually impossible to build that great surrounding cast.

Houston has exactly what you are talking about in the weakest division in football. They can't win because they have no QB.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody showed you something other than stats and you ignore it. Stafford and Carr have virtually the same winning percentage as KC.

Stafford and Carr have the ultimate stat over Cousins.

Stafford #1 pick over all
Carr #36 pick over all

Cousins 4th rounder who single handely is the reason Washington did not make the playoffs last year.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford and Carr have the ultimate stat over Cousins.

Stafford #1 pick over all
Carr #36 pick over all

Cousins 4th rounder who single handely is the reason Washington did not make the playoffs last year.
Ironically, everyone praises those teams that find their QBs in the later rounds like Patriots, cowboys, seahawks, etc. Yet we find one in the 4th that is turning into a pretty darn good QB and they want to get rid of him.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically, everyone praises those teams that find their QBs in the later rounds like Patriots, cowboys, seahawks, etc. Yet we find one in the 4th that is turning into a pretty darn good QB and they want to get rid of him.

Well...that is because the other teams win with the number one defenses and running games. KC makes our defense and running game horrible all by himself.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...that is because the other teams win with the number one defenses and running games. KC makes our defense and running game horrible all by himself.
Yup. He really can't tackle worth a shit. And if he misses another chip shot FG, we should really get rid of him. Plus,, he is too busy padding his stats (excuse #46)

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which stats? His completion%? His average yard per reception? His pass delivery rate? His INT as % of attempts?

Now, answer this question honestly, were stafford's stats inflated last year?

I can't call it far as Stafford though I'd assume the answer is no. Far as Cuz goes. No. His stats weren't inflated either. Inflated stats, at least to me, is more what the Pats accumulated when they were going 16-0 and throwing bombs in the 4th quarter of games they were up 38-7.

The Skins had what? 5 games last year that didn't come down or close to the wire?

Pitt, Cleveland, Green Bay, Carolina and Chicago. I don't recall any bombs thrown or going for it on 4th n 1 trying to run up scores against Cle, GB, and Chi. And games you win are really the only games you can say a team is inflating its stats. At least far as having a legitimate argument imo.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't call it far as Stafford though I'd assume the answer is no. Far as Cuz goes. No. His stats weren't inflated either. Inflated stats, at least to me, is more what the Pats accumulated when they were going 16-0 and throwing bombs in the 4th quarter of games they were up 38-7.

The Skins had what? 5 games last year that didn't come down or close to the wire?

Pitt, Cleveland, Green Bay, Carolina and Chicago. I don't recall any bombs thrown or going for it on 4th n 1 trying to run up scores against Cle, GB, and Chi. And games you win are really the only games you can say a team is inflating its stats. At least far as having a legitimate argument imo.

Stats could be inflated by a lot of things. If anything they're probably more likely to be inflated when you're getting blown out. But they can be inflated by surrounding talent or offensive system too.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would agree. I was only trying to get dean to look at the situation comparatively since he has taken the position that Stafford deserves a big contract and KC doesn't. To me, they are very similar in terms of production and success to date in the NFL.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
j_y19 said:
I would agree. I was only trying to get dean to look at the situation comparatively since he has taken the position that Stafford deserves a big contract and KC doesn't. To me, they are very similar in terms of production and success to date in the NFL.

Yeah, other than Stafford being in the league longer. I don't really see any argument that would support paying Stafford or Carr for that matter, and not paying KC. Far as what I've seen from Stafford, Carr, and KC. They are right there on the same tier. If the justification is Kirk doesn't deserve as much money as Rodgers, Brady, Brees, any top tier QB. I don't see what justification can be used to say Stafford or Carr does.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how is it hate when I prefer the other two Qb's? Why is all the hate towards me when there are others who don't think KC is as good as you guys make him out to be? You guys get all bent b/c of this. That is funny. I would laugh my ass of if the Skins don't even make him an offer.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When did I say that? I said I prefer the other two QB's. Now you are just mixing my opinions.