• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds Thread

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would have to consider Wainwright is pitching Sunday. The Cards moved him up a day because of a day off. Something the Reds could have done with Cueto but for some reason chose not to. I guess they think Cingrani, who could easily be skipped since he just came off the dl, gives them a good enough chance to win.

bilde

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Price has done some good things, some things that are an improvement over Baker, but some other things that are confusing. I still don't know what to think about him yet. He has already used more lineups in a quarter of a season than Baker used in all his years here. He's got them running, and not just Hamilton. The running on contact from third has not been successful for sure. He's definitely got a little fire in him, which is a major improvent over the toothpick chewing Baker. His inexperience has shown on several occasions, and maybe some of those bad decisions will improve as he learns from them. Meanwhile he still has had to deal with automatic outs Cozart, Bernadina, Soto (thank God they finally sent him down) and occasionally Santiago and Barnhart in the lineup. When Santiago starts at third and Barnhart was catching and Bernadina in the outfield and Soto at first, five of the starting eight were basically automatic outs. The Reds have done an extremely poor job deveoping major league hitters, and that cannot be blamed on Price. Also the bullpen started with their best three pitchers disabled. At least they got two of them back now(Marshall is quite obviously finished, and should be dfa'ed). Broxton has been excellent since his return, and Chappy has been ok too considering what he has had to overcome mentally. All in all it could have been much worse, considering how undermanned the Reds have been to start the season. I want to see more before I give up on Price.

Last edited by a moderator:

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 58 yrs old and bat lefthanded, and I swear I could get a hit off Sean Marshall.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your strategy as an organization is to engage in a bunch of unorthodox base-running schemes because you know you can't generate runs the conventional way I think you're already fucked..... Maybe this isn't Price's fault, but he manages the team that does this crap.

I do like his line-ups better than Dusty's..... But that's not saying a lot.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just have to cut bait on Marshall and Ondrusek. Hoover, too, is on the bubble. Marshall has no fastball, Ondrusek can't throw a strike to save his life, and Hoover is like a box of chocolates. The minors has nobody ready to help, neither hitting nor pitching. The only move to strengthen the pen would be to get Latos back in the rotation then move Cingrani to the pen. I believe Simon has won the fifth starter legitimately on the field. Chappy, Broxton, Cingrani, LeCure, Parra are ok for the top
five relievers, leaving Hoover, Marshall, Ondrusek, Christiani, and Partch to fight it out for the two bottom slots, seldom or never to be used in games that aren't already over. Of course that assumes Latos is going to be back fairly soon this year (or at all).

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an unlikeable club. Give me one reason (aside from the fact we're cincinnati fans) that I should like this team?

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, still and probably forever, bitch slapped by the dirty birds. They simply OWN us.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their starting pitching is better, their bullpen is miles ahead of ours, they are significantly better than us at probably six of the eight starting positions, their bench just blows ours away. They are significantly better coached, and play with a much higher baseball IQ than we do. Other than that we are really close.

BLOW IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax..... We're heading out west where we always play great!

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BLOW IT UP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This team is unwatchable.......the "window", if there ever was one, is now closed completely shut.....

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We ran into BCD at the taste of cincinnati by pure accident and went to the game Saturday night with him. What a complete waste of money that was.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be watching this one if Ryu didn't have a perfect game going.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Bengals put up a 6-10 this year, the good 'ole days will officially be back.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cozart, Ludwig, Bernadina, Heisey, Santiago, Soto, Lutz, Ondrusek, Marshall, Hoover......you all SUCK.

HIT THE BRICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Others are welcome to add their favorite bums to the list.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I didn't add some other bums are they make too much money to unload.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug, it's nice to see the pessimism coming back..... You were just too damn happy during football season. It was confusing.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug, it's nice to see the pessimism coming back..... You were just too damn happy during football season. It was confusing.

There's reason for optimism. In his what, 25th start?, Heisey finally knocked in a run. Of course He's still batting .000 with RISP as a starter. What a clutch hitter......

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's reason for optimism. In his what, 25th start?, Heisey finally knocked in a run. Of course He's still batting .000 with RISP as a starter. What a clutch hitter......

I don't know why no one else sees that he's just a bench guy. He is a solid hitter coming in to PH. Nothing more, nothing less.

There is nothing wrong with that. You can make solid money and play a long, long time in the majors filling that role. Price, Walt, etc... Need to accept that this is what Heisey is...a Bench guy.

Definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Pretty much somes up how this team is run.