• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds Thread

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still took 2 of 3 from a very good hitting COL team.

Chapman back pushed Broxton and LeCure into the 7th and 8th inning roles, eliminating the need for Hoover.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The games pitched by Bailey and Cueto were excellent, especially considering how those guys can rake.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still took 2 of 3 from a very good hitting COL team.

Chapman back pushed Broxton and LeCure into the 7th and 8th inning roles, eliminating the need for Hoover.

Now we have time for Hoover to find it in a mopup role only. Same for Marshall, though he's okay for now as a loogy. Parra seems to have righted himself, too. Pretty much a full strength bullpen for the moment, until Broxton's arm falls off again.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, when Latos returns, Simon will fall into the long-relief role, which will also help the 'pen.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, when Latos returns, Simon will fall into the long-relief role, which will also help the 'pen.

Not holding my breath on Latos this year. Also unsure where Cingrani is headed, so having Simon start could save the team. Right now we have only four starters, and that includes Simon.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not holding my breath on Latos this year. Also unsure where Cingrani is headed, so having Simon start could save the team. Right now we have only four starters, and that includes Simon.

I believe they said Cingranin should be ready when his stint is up.

Latos threw a bullpen yesterday, threw all his pitches, and reported no ill effects. Big first step.

I will agree that he's still 3-4 weeks away, but at least now he's throwing as before he wasn't.

Until then, Simon will be just fine, but his spot is in the 'pen, as long as Latos is ready he is the better starter, and Simon has thrived in the long-role in the pen.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they said Cingranin should be ready when his stint is up.

Latos threw a bullpen yesterday, threw all his pitches, and reported no ill effects. Big first step.

I will agree that he's still 3-4 weeks away, but at least now he's throwing as before he wasn't.

Until then, Simon will be just fine, but his spot is in the 'pen, as long as Latos is ready he is the better starter, and Simon has thrived in the long-role in the pen.

Big first step for the second time. He's finally made it back to where he was at the end of spring training, before his setback. That's why I'm not holding my breath, Wouldn't be a bit surprised if Tommy John surgery was in his future. As for Cingrani, nothing is certain there either. What if he comes back for a couple of starts and then ends up sore again? Something tells me Simon is going to be in the rotation for quite awhile, which is ok if Cingrani or Latos actually makes it back to stay.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big first step for the second time. He's finally made it back to where he was at the end of spring training, before his setback. That's why I'm not holding my breath, Wouldn't be a bit surprised if Tommy John surgery was in his future. As for Cingrani, nothing is certain there either. What if he comes back for a couple of starts and then ends up sore again? Something tells me Simon is going to be in the rotation for quite awhile, which is ok if Cingrani or Latos actually makes it back to stay.

I think last time, Latos had to stop his session because of tightness in the flexor mass. So, this time he's made it past that point. I agree, it's still going to be some time to be sure. He'll throw a few more 'pen sessions before going on rehab. He'll start out, at probably 2, maybe 3 innings for the first outing, or two, and then move to 4, and then probably go to 5 a few times and stay there. I doubt they'll see him throw 6 innings, since they rarely do that in S.T. as it is.

Also agreed with Cingrani, but they said one of the only reasons they DL'd him was because they didn't need a 5th pitcher for a while due to the schedule. Better to have him heal up and be 100%, and go with an extra 'pen arm than to have each pitching waiting around extra days. They are so used to throwing on their day that having days extra can screw up their rythm.

It's a good problem to have, when you have 6 guys that can start for you, because you will need all of them at some point.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds are struggling, but not Johnny Cueto. Complete game three hit shutout, lowering his era to a microscopic 1.25. In nine starts he pitched at least seven innings in each, and not yet allowed more than two runs. Complete dominance!!!!!!!!!!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds are struggling, but not Johnny Cueto. Complete game three hit shutout, lowering his era to a microscopic 1.25. In nine starts he pitched at least seven innings in each, and not yet allowed more than two runs. Complete dominance!!!!!!!!!!

First pitcher since 1914 to start his first 9 games, go 7+ in each start while allowing 2, or fewer, runs. That pretty much tells you what kind of run he's been on to start the season. 1914.

In his last 6 starts, he has gone 8+ innings, allowing 2 or fewer runs, and 3 of those 6 have been complete games, with 2 of the 3 complete games being complete game shut-outs.

:clap:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Votto did not make the trip to Philly.

Having his left knee examined. Same knee he had surgery on.

DL is likely.

LOL

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Votto did not make the trip to Philly.

Having his left knee examined. Same knee he had surgery on.

DL is likely.

LOL

The best baseball this team played was when he was on the shelf two seasons ago. That's a fact.

I don't expect that to happen again though.... This team is comprised of a small handful of good players (mostly pitchers) surrounded by guys that are well below average. They're a .500 club without much chance to improve in the future. Who-Dey!

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOTHING TO SEE HERE. CARRY ON.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're a diehard, I think you're looking at five more months of absolute boredom.... I almost feel sorry for anyone that is still watching when September rolls around.

On the other hand, I think we can start to get excited for an 'epic' Bengals football season..... I think this is the year that Andy has a complete meltdown, leading to absolute chaos here on the SportsHoopla. We'll all be psyched for AJ mania in December.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're a diehard, I think you're looking at five more months of absolute boredom.... I almost feel sorry for anyone that is still watching when September rolls around.

On the other hand, I think we can start to get excited for an 'epic' Bengals football season..... I think this is the year that Andy has a complete meltdown, leading to absolute chaos here on the SportsHoopla. We'll all be psyched for AJ mania in December.

Save us Andy Dalton. You're our only hope.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine a player LESS well equipped to perform in a contract year?

Watch his performance from every game against the Steelers...... That's what all 16 games are looking like this season.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry..... I'm supposed to be talking about the Reds in this thread.

How about that Zach Cozart??? Hell of a ballplayer.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's actually an entire board dedicated to the reds on SportsHoopla

this whole thread can be deleted.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash