• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox expand lead, Yanks lose & try to cheat the system

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy

He would not have been released by the twins if they has an inkling at all of what he would be the following season

Period

lmao

dirts the real life captain hindsight from south park

Coon2Hindsight10.png

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
captain hindsight!!!:yahoo:

doesnt mean he didnt juice, but if the Sox knew his potential right from jump street, why did they have him behind giambi on the depth chart?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesnt mean he didnt juice, but if the Sox knew his potential right from jump street, why did they have him behind giambi on the depth chart?

no doubt he juiced like everyone else, i accepted that years ago

lots of players have swings taylored for fenway. dirt loves to point those guys out...

giambi, if i recall,was signed to a much bigger deal than ortiz and the FO loved him...i remember giambi being so bad they HAD to play ortiz

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt he juiced like everyone else, i accepted that years ago

lots of players have swings taylored for fenway. dirt loves to point those guys out...

giambi, if i recall,was signed to a much bigger deal than ortiz and the FO loved him...i remember giambi being so bad they HAD to play ortiz

giambi was coming off a pretty good year in oakland, OBP wise anyway

tanked in Boston

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ortiz was 1.25 mil

giambi was 2 mil, and in 03, thats a big contract

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is no doubt he juiced, what the fark are you arguing?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is no doubt he juiced, what the fark are you arguing?

do you know mo never juiced?

i dont

everyone is suspect, i dont care who you are

schilling, clemens, mo, ortiz, trot fucking nixon...

my point is position failure and blossoming at a new position

i'm talking positions, not juice

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont

Mo never failed or was in some list or went from a virtual nobody to a fucking machine

Ortiz did all of the above and never changed positions. The Twins didn't release Jim because they were in the National League

If we are gonna assume that being a great closer translates to being a great starter, let's assume Trevor Hoffman would have been one of the greatest starters in history, and John Franco would be the greatest LH starter in history

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im reasonably sure you all suck and I'm outta here

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mo never failed or was in some list or went from a virtual nobody to a fucking machine

Ortiz did all of the above and never changed positions. The Twins didn't release Jim because they were in the National League

If we are gonna assume that being a great closer translates to being a great starter, let's assume Trevor Hoffman would have been one of the greatest starters in history, and John Franco would be the greatest LH starter in history

ortiz never failed a MLB drug test under the CBA either. mo failed as a starting pitcher
. SP is a position like a DH is. mo is a RP now.

per the awesomely accurate SI article i always post, the twins had signed some kid they had huge hopes for (the name escpaes me, he turned out to be a nobody) and used ortiz's roster spot to give the kid a shot. i will find the article, for the 342nd time for you.

it was clearly put out there some rule 5 guy they got from texas i think

he was a guy who couldnt play defense or hit lefties on a team that scored runs by moving base runners and playing small ball. this is a snippet i found from that article on a blog, a twins fan:

Ortiz began his professional career in the Mariners organization, but he had the misfortune to be dealt to the Twins after his first season in A-ball. The Twins have long had an odd way of doing things; I don't think it's unfair to say that they have spent a good chunk of the present millennium avoiding power hitters and, since they heyday of Johan Santana and Francisco Liriano ended, strikeout pitchers. The policy seems foolish to the point of perversity, but you can't say that the Twins weren't successful with it until recently: from 2002 through 2010 they won the AL Central six times.
Still, they presently rank 14th in the American League in isolated power (slugging percentage - on-base percentage), a position they have held five other times since 2000 -- their highest ranking this century has been sixth; they have never been more than .005 above the league average. As such, they didn't quite know what to make of Ortiz, a dead-pull power hitter.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on that note, im out

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont

Pretty obvious that Mo juiced. Something has got to be causing that slurred speech of his. The steroids have swollen the shit out of his tongue to the point where he's barely understandable. Guy's been in the US for 18 years and is mostly unintelligible.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Later, fellas. :suds:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty obvious that Mo juiced. Something has got to be causing that slurred speech of his. The steroids have swollen the shit out of his tongue to the point where he's barely understandable. Guy's been in the US for 18 years and is mostly unintelligible.

He drinks Mason jars of HGH.