• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realignment Thread

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you that I live in College Park which is only slightly safer than Tripoli, and I rep not one but TWO ACC schools, and I am a preppy white guy and all I get is "Thanks". Have you BEEN to College Park.

How about "Godspeed young man. Stay safe."

or

"How do you make it through the day?"

This is PG County!

;)

Lol I have been to College Park, its been a while though. I was just thinking University of Maryland not really "College Park".

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys... In terms of the exit fee for maryland...
I dont think they will pay anywhere near the full 50 million. The exit fee can only be upheld as far as i know if it causes monetary damages to the conference. The ACC will not be caused damage of 50 million by maryland leaving. And adding Louisville so quickly, ironically will hurt the ACCs case of making maryland pay the full 50. Maryland will fight that it is an arbitrary number and that it is only meant to be punitive. (A random number meant to punish maryland for leaving, and not to recover what is lost by maryland doing so)

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I told you that I live in College Park which is only slightly safer than Tripoli, and I rep not one but TWO ACC schools, and I am a preppy white guy and all I get is "Thanks". Have you BEEN to College Park.

How about "Godspeed young man. Stay safe."

or

"How do you make it through the day?"

This is PG County!

;)

OT:
I spent a few days (a wk) in PG county the wk before thanksgiving....

Everyone was extremely nice but the whole area is sketchy...

I swear i think the only reason no one fucked with us is because they figured for a bunch of white folks to be running around in Largo (upper marlboro) they had to be crazy.

"godspeed young man. stay safe."

BTW we rode the subway into DC everyday through capital heights, benning road, stadium armory, etc. again sketchy....

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw somebody tweet yesterday that the Maryland litigation said the ACC will "spend 50 million to make 50 million". An exaggeration, of course, but pretty much says the ACC will do everything they can to enforce that fee. I imagine the ACC knows that upholding that fee has more to do with keeping the conference together than just getting $50 million. I agree with you, though, Matt. I don't see Maryland paying the full $50 million and it will set a precedent for other teams to leave and not pay the full fee.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Berman:
Will the new addition make the ACC more interested in creating its own cable channel a la the Big Ten Network?

“We will continue to look at that and are actually having some conversations now with our television partners about possibilities in that regard,” Swofford said. “I’m not sure we can do a whole lot better in terms of distribution than we’re doing with our current partners.

“It seems to be the sexy thing in today’s world, but it also needs to be the right thing.”

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the biggest reasons it was raised to 50 million is because the ACC had been seeing how other schools leaving their respective conferences only ended up paying fractions of what they were originally stated to pay. I think maryland ends up paying approx. 25 of the 50. But even if they by some very minute chance had to pay the 50, its like any other business move. It costs money to make money, and the ROI on that is astronomical.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC could use some of that 50 mil to help Louisville leave the Big East.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see how they can get around the $50m if the conference wants to enforce it. Obviously im not a lawyer but It was voted in by the presidents and became rule. I'm sure they signed something at some point agreeing that if a vote is passed by the presidents they would honor it...

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's never that simple in our legal system.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whose it going to be?

Greg Swaim Show ‏@GSwaim
Word from calls today is that another current #ACC team will announce a move with 7-10 days to the #B1G. This would be a HUGE domino.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope it's unc personally..that will flag UVA and us to bail

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Whose it going to be?

Greg Swaim Show ‏@GSwaim
Word from calls today is that another current #ACC team will announce a move with 7-10 days to the #B1G. This would be a HUGE domino.

Swaim spent the entire summer saying FSU/Clemson/team du jour were headed to the Big 12 at any moment.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swaim spent the entire summer saying FSU/Clemson/team du jour were headed to the Big 12 at any moment.

Exactly. I wouldn't believe shit from that guy.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think it will be GT... I just pray it is us, or at least a move that will lead to us going into #GodsConference .... If it were uva to big ten (i dont think it will be) we would for sure be gone

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This would make things interesting.

Ohio State Football ‏@TheShoeAtOSU
Several sources say Big Ten has approved #GeorgiaTech to the BIG. They will be number 15 #B1G #B1Ghaters

Lamont Broadus ‏@TheSportologist
Sources say #GeorgiaTech maybe the latest team to join the #BigTen #College #Sports #followme #follow #lates Photo by thesportologist • Instagram