• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realignment Thread

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trolling

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read somewhere that the Big 12 does not gain anything from adding Florida State, Clemson, NC State, etc. Apparently, the only way their tv revenue increases is if they add Notre Dame. Is this true and will Florida State stay in the ACC or will the Big 12 actually benefit from the addition of these schools?

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read somewhere that the Big 12 does not gain anything from adding Florida State, Clemson, NC State, etc. Apparently, the only way their tv revenue increases is if they add Notre Dame. Is this true and will Florida State stay in the ACC or will the Big 12 actually benefit from the addition of these schools?

thats ridiculous....how the does adding florida market,north carolina and south carolina markets do nothing????

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
thats ridiculous....how the does adding florida market,north carolina and south carolina markets do nothing????

Don't have the article in front of me, but there were emails from the Big 12 commish that basically said ESPN told them the only school who they could add which would increase their TV contract's value was ND.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because ESPN has the ACC and the Big 12 television rights. Why would ESPN pay the big 12 more money for adding teams they already have the tv rights for?

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because the acc contract will be worth dick after it gets picked apart(if it happens)

and the big 12 will be able to re-up and will have better content and match ups of texas vs /fsu/miami/???? as well as fsu vs miami and ou vs fsu/miami..........they will get a bump(hopefully)

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

because the acc contract will be worth dick after it gets picked apart(if it happens)

and the big 12 will be able to re-up and will have better content and match ups of texas vs /fsu/miami/???? as well as fsu vs miami and ou vs fsu/miami..........they will get a bump(hopefully)

Except ESPN doesn't have the exclusive rights to Big 12 games. FOX has rights as well, and if the Big 12 has a conference title game, ESPN would have to bid for that. If ESPN did steer schools to the Big 12, they'd be hurting themselves.

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
espn bidding against fox should make the $$$$ go up right......is that what your saying

It gives ESPN incentive to not encourage the Big 12 to devalue the ACC if it will end up costing ESPN money in the long run.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So it seems like everytime an expansion happens I'm out of town. Miami and VT, BC, the Louisville/Cinci/USF round of BE expansion, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Mizzou, Utah and Colorado, WVU, Pitt and Cuse, Notre Dame, and now Maryland, Rutgers, and Lousiville have all been officially announced when I'm away from home (whether gone for the day or a week). Parts of the UNC-NCAA investigation broke when I was away too.

So Matt and others, you buying me and my wife a ticket to Orlando could buy the Hokies a ticket to #godsconference... Just a thought.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU to B12 seems to be blowing up... anyone know anything?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
FSU to B12 seems to be blowing up... anyone know anything?

nothing that a google search doesnt turn up but I think it is very probable.

-The ACC tv money sucks
-The competition in the ACC sucks
-FSU has $$$ probs
-FSU to the SEC would likely never happen
-It would make sense for the BIG12 to get a few eastern schools to go with WVU, wonder who the other teams will be? Got to think Clemson wants out but who else?

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
nothing that a google search doesnt turn up but I think it is very probable.

-The ACC tv money sucks
-The competition in the ACC sucks
-FSU has $$$ probs
-FSU to the SEC would likely never happen
-It would make sense for the BIG12 to get a few eastern schools to go with WVU, wonder who the other teams will be? Got to think Clemson wants out but who else?

So basically the same things people have been saying since February that have amounted to nothing?

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all seems to be stemming from ESPN radio in Austin yesterday reporting the deal was imminent. Not sure how credible they are, but they did say "imminent" and it has been almost 24 hours since they said that. ESPN radio in Florida seems to have picked up the report today too, but they could just be using ESPN Austin as their source. I could see this happening if GT to B1G becomes official. If FSU goes to Big 12, I bet Clemson follows so they are back to at least 12 and a conference championship game.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So basically the same things people have been saying since February that have amounted to nothing?

pretty much but fwiw i personally believe that everyone is waiting to see what happens with MD and their buyout.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much but fwiw i personally believe that everyone is waiting to see what happens with MD and their buyout.

I agree. Though, each day, it is becoming more and more obvious that Maryland will end up paying no more than about 20 million, if they have to pay any of it, at all. Adding Louisville all but eliminates the potential damages caused to the ACC by a departing Maryland. The courts see "exit fees" as a way to recover damages, and anything past the threshold of what are provable damages is then viewed as punitive. Those do not hold up.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this should go here or in the "future moves" thread, but someone posted this flight plan in the VT subreddit on reddit.

xbCCW.png

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now speculation is that Beamer is brining in Chizik to go along with Dooley and Franklin!?!?!?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hell if he does that then you can consider VT as a safe haven for misfit coaches - kind of reminds me of the misfit toys song. Merry Xmas all!!!!

[YOUTUBE]OdXsPQc8M-4[/YOUTUBE]

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i watched that the other night, lol...I have watched those things every year since a was a kid. Got them on DVD from the gf last year.

Jack Frost is the best, with the one with the Heat Miser as a close 2nd