• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realignment Thread

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this should go here or in the "future moves" thread, but someone posted this flight plan in the VT subreddit on reddit.

xbCCW.png

Oh for the love of God. We are not going to become THOSE kind I fans are we!

:L

:csb:

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was posting it so people knew you could fly from Blacksburg to Auburn direct.

Who knew?

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree. Though, each day, it is becoming more and more obvious that Maryland will end up paying no more than about 20 million, if they have to pay any of it, at all. Adding Louisville all but eliminates the potential damages caused to the ACC by a departing Maryland. The courts see "exit fees" as a way to recover damages, and anything past the threshold of what are provable damages is then viewed as punitive. Those do not hold up.

Courts also like to enforce signed contracts.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It gives ESPN incentive to not encourage the Big 12 to devalue the ACC if it will end up costing ESPN money in the long run.

Thanks, thats what i thought.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking it is a combination of visiting the SEC headquarters, as well as Malzahn being interested in either shane and/or torrian. More than one plane. Apparently, some big guy in the coal industry lives out towards the highlands airport. "T boone pickens of coal" and holds two degrees from VT. Big donor.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with the BigEast basketball and football schools splitting I guess we'll expect to see Louisville and Notre Dame arrive in the ACC a year early

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the lastest rumor i have seen----

the sec is focusing on unc/duke

big 12 is talking with fsu/clemson/vt

b1g is waiting on uva to decide....if they wait to long b1g could take BC instead with GT

acc is lined-up and just waiting to grab uconn/cincy

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, bone, but that does not ring true to my ear. Filing this in the "most rumors should be ignored" category.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So with the BigEast basketball and football schools splitting I guess we'll expect to see Louisville and Notre Dame arrive in the ACC a year early

It's weird to see an entire conference just evaporate. I suspect the SWC was similar. However, I do find it just a tad satisfying to see the schools that kept our non-football sports out for so long is getting hit the hardest.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the lastest rumor i have seen----

the sec is focusing on unc/duke

big 12 is talking with fsu/clemson/vt

b1g is waiting on uva to decide....if they wait to long b1g could take BC instead with GT

acc is lined-up and just waiting to grab uconn/cincy

:confused2:

maybe Vandy and KY are hoping for this so they can get out of the cellar

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
that would be fitting in a way .. the two main schools who are running the ACC .. decide to sneak out the back door after they've lit the house up .. but it would be shocking to me if the SEC had any interest in taking Duke. They are so far away from being an SEC school in EVERY way imaginable. Duke is a small, private school. Duke brings no additional TV $$$ than UNC or NC State (same market).

UVA/VT + NC State > UNC/Duke ... period

I don't think that UNC has any leverage in forcing the SEC to take Duke as a package deal. When the time comes, UNC will need a conference more than a conference needs them. UNC/Duke to the B1G is more plausible to me.

I don't think that VT talking to the Big12 is very believable either .. at least not serious discussions. It's thought that Clemson and FSU will never get into the SEC .. VT is not in that boat. They're talking to the B1G or SEC before the Big12.