• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Read Option in the NFC West

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night I watched Russell Wilson run the read option perfectly and just had the Packer's guessing, looking like defenses I played against in the old Super Techmo bowl game with Randall and the Eagles. With Percy Harvin and Marshawn Lynch chewing up yards on the ground and spitting Packer's defenders out like they were playing a Big 10 team, Seattle just beat the Packers down physically. And the Pack are going to be one of the better NFC teams this year.

It made me think about the Rams and it made think about how to utilize Tavon Austin on offense. Basically, if you line up Tavon at some similar places that Percy lined up, it would maximize Tavon's talents and stretch the field from sideline to sideline. So you have Stacy, Cunningham. or Mason beating the opposing D-line silly up the middle. Pounding the rock, tiring the D out and the mix in Tavon's speed on the outside. Sure Tavon is not as strong as Percy and not as big, but he's not far behind and he might a little quicker with his moves.

Now... anyone know a QB that could lead a team, control the ball, and run the read option? :)

Maybe Champ Bailey could come lead us to victory? lol

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the contain the Pack D line had to employ nullified any real pressure on the QB....

Now... anyone know a QB that could lead a team, control the ball, and run the read option? :)

Makes me wonder if Case Keenum could be the answer SJ... :scratch:

My buddy predicts Case will be starting before the end of the year.....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night I watched Russell Wilson run the read option perfectly and just had the Packer's guessing, looking like defenses I played against in the old Super Techmo bowl game with Randall and the Eagles. With Percy Harvin and Marshawn Lynch chewing up yards on the ground and spitting Packer's defenders out like they were playing a Big 10 team, Seattle just beat the Packers down physically. And the Pack are going to be one of the better NFC teams this year.

It made me think about the Rams and it made think about how to utilize Tavon Austin on offense. Basically, if you line up Tavon at some similar places that Percy lined up, it would maximize Tavon's talents and stretch the field from sideline to sideline. So you have Stacy, Cunningham. or Mason beating the opposing D-line silly up the middle. Pounding the rock, tiring the D out and the mix in Tavon's speed on the outside. Sure Tavon is not as strong as Percy and not as big, but he's not far behind and he might a little quicker with his moves.

Marcus Mariota? Terrelle Pryor until then?

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was thinking the exact same thing last night SJ. If our coaching staff can figure out how to use these guys we could have lightning in a bottle. I don't care if Mark Sanchez is throwing the ball. I'm not to keen on the whole Read option thing with a running QB. Teams have really started to figure that out. Using GB's defense as a staple example is a poor choice. Not to mention Seattle was at home, and they're almost unbeatable at home. I do agree with everything else tho, TA, Quick, Cook, Stacy, Mason and Cunningham....If we have problems scoring this year it's time to move on from Schotty. Too much talent under one roof.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly Jacob.

I was actually thinking Tebow. If the current QBs can't do it with Shotty's offense, bring in Timmy. The guy is 230 and ran the read option in Denver with Mcgahee and no Tavon.

I'm not a huge Tebow fan, but the kid can run the read option.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's closer to 255lb these days SJ76. Been lifting weights and of course sitting around doing play-by-play from the booth will get you heavy PDQ!

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that the Albatross looked pretty much unbeatable last night...Granted it was only one game and it was at HOME, but they just beat the shit out of the Packers in every facet of the game,..As SJ said they (Packers) should be one of the contenders in the NFC...Maybe they just weren't ready, though that would be hard for me to imagine...Whatever the reason, the NFL is in deep shit trying to deal with Seattle this year if this game was any indication of what the 'Hawks will bring to the table...Will be interesting how they play a decent team on the road...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have one ace-in-the hole Mikey. Our front four gives the Seattle O-line fits if they come to play and Quinn and Long especially love harassing Russell who does not like being harassed at the level he can sometimes receive from our guys. If they get a big lead early when they play us, it'll be over pretty quick unless our O is performing like something we haven't witnessed since the GSOT! That game is quite distant at this juncture but we shall see how things progress on our end.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have one ace-in-the hole Mikey. Our front four gives the Seattle O-line fits if they come to play and Quinn and Long especially love harassing Russell who does not like being harassed at the level he can sometimes receive from our guys. If they get a big lead early when they play us, it'll be over pretty quick unless our O is performing like something we haven't witnessed since the GSOT! That game is quite distant at this juncture but we shall see how things progress on our end.

The Ram D will absolutely have to show up in a large way, because the Seattle D didn't give up anything...We'll see them in what, game 4 ??? It's not like the Rams are going to win a high scoring game against them...I would sure be thrilled with a split if the Rams can take them down in the ED...Shutting down Lynch is going to be paramount...He was great last night...

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now before I get castrated for being pro-timmaah :), just realize I am counting Tebow as QB4 as of now. If the other 3 can't do it, I'm saying we could run the read option and pound the fuck out of the ball with our RBs and O-line, while mixing in Tavon on the outside to keep defenses off balance. IF we had a QB at 230,240lbs or whatever, that's ridiculous.

The thing Tebow is best at is getting 2-3 yards, BUT... with his size and our "philosophy" of pounding the rock, we could physically beatdown defenses. It's basically how we beat Indy, New Orleans, Chicago and other last year. BUT IT'S THE ONLY WAY WE ARE GOING TO BEAT THE BEST TEAMS IN THE NFL.

I just hope Schotty has a wet dream and realizes it.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ram D will absolutely have to show up in a large way, because the Seattle
D didn't give up anything...We'll see them in what, game 4 ??? It's not like the
Rams are going to win a high scoring game against them...I would sure be
thrilled with a split if the Rams can take them down in the ED...Shutting down
Lynch is going to be paramount...He was great last night...

Who do you focus on tho? LOL Stopping Lynch? Wilson? Percy? Then you have Wilson throwing the ball.

And Seattle's D just befuddled Aaron Rodgers, who is still one of the best QBs in the NFL.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you focus on tho? LOL Stopping Lynch? Wilson? Percy? Then you have Wilson throwing the ball.
Seattle has Britt as RT. Rams can line up literally any DE on the roster and beat him on passing downs (not so much running downs). The gameplan against Seattle has been bring exotic pressure and stop Lynch. There is no stopping Harvin...you just have to hope he can't stay healthy because he has RG3-itis.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so to the FO's credit maybe that's the weak spot for Seattle? Maybe that's why we play them close?

So now we just need our offense to step up. :whistle:

Have a good weekend fellas. See YALL sunday!

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we will be fine with hill and our run d is what kills us this year...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I'll be here on Sunday SJ76. Let's hope Snisher brings in Tebow for a try-out and actually decide to keep the guy. I may be dreaming here but you know my thoughts on Tebow.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:confused2:

Lets see what happens on Sunday. Then and if Hill can't get it done I will call Tebow myself...:pound::lol:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the madness continues at QB, I don't see why it would hurt to give Timmm-ah:gaah: a shot.