• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ray Rice super thread.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it sounds crazy, but she might just love the guy...

Very true yet very disturbing. Perhaps the most disturbing part of that video is Rice's reaction after he knocks her out. He just appears to not give a crap - doesn't appear to look for help or panic - just drags her out of the elevator - doesn't appear to be much love on his part. Pretty pathetic.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting a chuckle out of all the post that start with..."I don't condone women beating".

You think?:doh: I'm still waiting for some hillbilly to log in and say he supports wife beating. So from now on lets just assume all the fine members of the Hoop are not in favour domestic violence and get down to the real issue. That being, how we can use this incident to rid the league of that festering shit stain Goodell.

There is at least 1 guy here who thinks Rice was rightfully defending himself. "She started it and got her ass whipped" is I believe the way he put it. If it's proven that Goodell saw this video weeks ago, he's history. You don't have to worry about that. I think even if the NJ authorities claim the NFL had access to the video back then, he's history.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true yet very disturbing. Perhaps the most disturbing part of that video is Rice's reaction after he knocks her out. He just appears to not give a crap - doesn't appear to look for help or panic - just drags her out of the elevator - doesn't appear to be much love on his part. Pretty pathetic.

Agreed. Not even a "oh shit, look what I did," look.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love all the people on this board who are so shocked, horrified and outraged about this incident (which happens to be one of many)...and then turn around and insult the victim. :L

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it sounds crazy, but she might just love the guy...
You can beat a dog and it will still love you, personally I try to date women who are smarter than a dog.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love all the people on this board who are so shocked, horrified and outraged about this incident (which happens to be one of many)...and then turn around and insult the victim. :L

Yep - she should not be insulted. However - I would also not view her take on the situation as gospel. It is almost normal for domestic violence victims to not press charges and try to protect the abuser. Most folks should be able to somewhat identify with this - similar type of reaction when someone is in love or infatuated with someone even though that person may be evil or hurting them in many ways. In those case only their friends, family, etc can see the wrongdoing at the time.

Now the idea that if she threw a few slaps his way, spit on him or cursed him out justifies his actions is just ridiculous. He had ever opportunity to walk away or hold back until the elevator door opened. Just a sad situation.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She's bringing that on herself. She should be demanding his head on a platter & his cash in her account. :L

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous. Never too late do the right thing. So I'm guessing you thought they should have just kept him?

no they should still be ripped to shreds for their handling of it. u run a smear campaign against the victim for months there should be firings at every level

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's bringing that on herself. She should be demanding his head on a platter & his cash in her account. :L

Now that the cash is gonna dry up....I wouldn't be surprised by a divorce and a book deal!

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. There will be some back-peddling and some song-and-dance from NJSP and the DAs office, but they will not acknowledge what I think most people know already... that Rice got preferential treatment because he's a pro athlete.

Did he? I don't know if that's true or not. Most batterers don't do real time for first offenses.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can beat a dog and it will still love you, personally I try to date women who are smarter than a dog.

Are you implying that women have to be idiots to be the victim of domestic abuse? Even if you are joking that is pretty lame. Tina Turner always struck me as being smart and a real quality person yet she put up with this type of crap for years. Many others have endured similar - I don't think that this is simply based on someone's intellect - there are many factors.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no they should still be ripped to shreds for their handling of it. u run a smear campaign against the victim for months there should be firings at every level

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you inherently link intellect with emotional stability I think SD's statement has a ring of truth.

...and let me add that we're talking about returning to and marrying the abuse.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you implying that women have to be idiots to be the victim of domestic abuse? Even if you are joking that is pretty lame. Tina Turner always struck me as being smart and a real quality person yet she put up with this type of crap for years. Many others have endured similar - I don't think that this is simply based on someone's intellect - there are many factors.
No, what I'm trying to say is if the asshole beat the crap out of you and you still married him you are beyond any reasonable doubt a full blown, card carrying, died in the wool idiot. Having singing talent and a great pair of legs doesn't exempt you from that rule.

always

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day people need to calm the fuck down. Ray Rice should be in jail that's the most disappointing thing here.