• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ray Rice super thread.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

MileHighBroncoFan

Go Broncos!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was pretty much my thoughts after reading of the suspension and then seeing the video.

Everyone knew he knocked his fiancé out. And the punishment is a two game suspension. Stupid. Now we see the punch, and all of a sudden the powers that be are horrified? I guess I am in the minority in that the new video didn't shock me. The video was pretty much what a expected happened inside the elevator.

Perhaps "unfair to Rice" is a bit strong. The guy is finally getting the heavy hit he should have gotten after the first video surfaced. What he did was ugly and disgusting. I just don't understand going from two games to banned.

Had Goodell suspended him for a year to begin with, I wouldn't be saying its unfair. It would have been right and justified.

But to give a 2 game suspension, FULLY WELL KNOWING he knocked her out, he then dragged her out of an elevator....and then 2 months after you give out punishment, you finally see the video and you come back and say nope, it's a year now, and because of the suspension it now causes his team to cut him and terminate his contract (when they had previously stuck by him for the 2 game suspension). That's unfair...and in my opinion, he'd have grounds for a lawsuit, because Goodell's retroactive actions just cost him millions.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it illegal? Don't the police always release these types of things?

This doesn't excuse Goodell, because the hotel said that the nfl never requested the tape. Also, Ray Rice's lawyer had the tape. Goodell could've requested it from him.

I'm pretty sure it would also be illegal for the hotel to release it (which btw, no longer even exists). Ray Rice's attorney would obviously need permission from Ray Rice to release it and I'm sure advised Ray Rice against it (if the league asked for it).

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone seen the elevator footage in real time? All the clips I see of the incident seem to be sped up in double time or down to a rate to where you only see one frame.

After the incident is over the footage always seems to play in real time with him dragging her around in the elevator.

Yeah, that's gonna help.....Ray knocking her out in super slow motion. :L

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure it would also be illegal for the hotel to release it (which btw, no longer even exists). Ray Rice's attorney would obviously need permission from Ray Rice to release it and I'm sure advised Ray Rice against it (if the league asked for it).

Well, they released it to tmz, so i doubt it would've been illegal.

Now, lets say that Rice's attorney did not want to gice tge tape to Goodell, wouldn't that give him more reasons to suspend him a lot longer at the time? If he only gave Rice 2 games, and Rice is hiding the tape from him, then he looks even worse than he did when he first gave the 2 game suspension.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You always see the footage in fast or slow motion.

If there is no issue with it in normal speed, why do I not see the video posted anywhere in normal speed?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they released it to tmz, so i doubt it would've been illegal.

Now, lets say that Rice's attorney did not want to gice tge tape to Goodell, wouldn't that give him more reasons to suspend him a lot longer at the time? If he only gave Rice 2 games, and Rice is hiding the tape from him, then he looks even worse than he did when he first gave the 2 game suspension.

"They" didn't "release" anything. That video was leaked by someone.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If there is no issue with it in normal speed, why do I not see the video posted anywhere in normal speed?

Security cameras are like that sometimes. It's not just the hotel. It's when you watch something on security video there are tiny gaps in the timing. It's like you're watching a movie from the 1920's.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mark schlereth was just crying over the nfl's handling of the ray rice story. frickin hilarious

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reports are that the NFL asked the police for all the evidence. Maybe they didn't receive the video because the cops had already sold it to TMZ.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reports are that the NFL asked the police for all the evidence. Maybe they didn't receive the video because the cops had already sold it to TMZ.

im guessing the video came from the hotel and not the police

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TMZ did have the completely unedited/uncleaned video up in the same article they posted the cleaned up version.

I'm not sure why the speed would matter, though.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The jersey state police have said they wouldn't allow the NFL to view it. Now, that's not to say the NFL couldn't have got a copy from the hotel.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ray should have taken her to the parking garage and run her over....he would still have his job.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Rice's attorney didn't have to turn over shit to the NFL. None of this ever went to court either, so his attorney wouldn't have to say or deny they have absolutely anything.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny how old school has avoided this thread like the plague

but tried to drum up some talk on Bell's weed.........

his foot must be stuck in his mouth