• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ray Rice super thread.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUT, he was already punished for that same act.

Yes the Ravens can release him, BUT the NFL suspension interferes with his ability to make money in the league, something that he was already punished for and accepted under the current rules and would have made $9 million that he reasonably expected to collect on Friday.

Punished him prematurely (not all facts were in). They had to do something & I don't think the indefinite ban is the answer. I think we're on the same page, I just read down a little further. :suds:

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His wife also suffers because half of that was hers.

No guranteed money, as he's not on the roster this season.

He would have had guaranteed money if the TMZ video did not come out until next Monday...

Bullshit. You can't get half of what isn't earn and forfeited due horrendous conduct.

All money should be void when this and other bad conduct happens.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolemite actually has a valid point about how much, according to the CBA, they can re-punish Rice.

However, if the NFLPA tried to fight this, I think it would be a crushing PR disaster.

I think this though cements my opinion that Goodell is way in over his head and I don't know really know if he has a very long tenure as commissioner.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punished him prematurely (not all facts were in). They had to do something & I don't think the indefinite ban is the answer. I think we're on the same page, I just read down a little further. :suds:

I skipped the unimportant stuff and turned the page.

I'm way ahead of you.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes the Ravens can release him, BUT the NFL suspension interferes with his ability to make money in the league, something that he was already punished for and accepted under the current rules and would have made $9 million that he reasonably expected to collect on Friday.
do you think rice should sue.....?,....why not...?,.....pats owner is suing hernandez on $$$ that is rightfully owed to hernandez .

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. You can't get half of what isn't earn and forfeited due horrendous conduct.

All money should be void when this and other bad conduct happens.

Forfeiture would require a hearing, right ?

Here instant forfeiture without that.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A couple points:

1) Punishment had been handed out, but had not yet been completed. There may be some wiggle room since he was still serving his punishment - that new evidence came to light - so the punishment he was still serving was adjusted.

2) Even if you're right, Goodell and the Ravens doing what they did makes it good with the public. To win, Ray is going to have to challenge this in a court of law and I don't know you can get a sympathetic judge to side with Rice on this.

I'm sure that Goodell and the Ravens would be happy to lose this in court because they win in the court of public opinion.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolemite actually has a valid point about how much, according to the CBA, they can re-punish Rice.

However, if the NFLPA tired to fight this, I think it would be a crushing PR disaster.

I think this though cements my opinion that Goodell is way in over his head and I don't know really know if he has a very long tenure as commissioner.
IMO the original issue is why didn't they prosecute this case? That video would have been given to the DA to look at. I really don't give a shit about his NFL career or his money...just the fact that he knocked a women out and walked with nothing.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont think for one second that godhell didnt discuss this move with the nfl's lawyers before he suspended rice indefinitely.. so rice doesnt have a leg to stand on

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont think for one second that godhell didnt discuss this move with the nfl's lawyers before he suspended rice indefinitely.. so rice doesnt have a leg to stand on

Apparently, his fiancée didn't either... :whistle:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell is a gutless coward with the integrity of a sewer rat. I can't stand to hear him talk, or even see his ignorant face with the shit stained nose. I can't wait until he gets a DUI.

Dude...but how do you really feel?

Don't hold it in....you gotta try to let it all out.

:lol:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the original issue is why didn't they prosecute this case? That video would have been given to the DA to look at. I really don't give a shit about his NFL career or his money...just the fact that he knocked a women out and walked with nothing.

They used the excuse that she didn't press charges. Seems to me, with that much video evidence, they wouldn't need her to.

Methinks some money changed hands somewhere.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude...but how do you really feel?

Don't hold it in....you gotta try to let it all out.

:lol:
If I told you how I really feel about that shit stain the FBI and Homeland Security would put out a hit on me. They would be to scared to arrest me.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They used the excuse that she didn't press charges. Seems to me, with that much video evidence, they wouldn't need her to.

Methinks some money changed hands somewhere.
Fishy for sure. Even if someone gets beat up and it is caught on tape an assault charge should have been made.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I told you how I really feel about that shit stain the FBI and Homeland Security would put out a hit on me. They would be to scared to arrest me.

All good, man.
Don't worry..he's really on the hot seat now ..and if this fiasco isn't remedied soon (and it's far from that)...he'll be forced to step down.

Btw: I can't stand that SOB either.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good, man.
Don't worry..he's really on the hot seat now ..and if this fiasco isn't remedied soon (and it's far from that)...he'll be forced to step down.

Btw: I can't stand that SOB either.

No doubt. He's actually making Selig look competent. :rollseyes:

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name calling is all you got.

I like what I got and this is better:

1. Rice was punished, accepted and participated in part execution of that punishment. He was due to report Friday for a guaranteed $9 Million. (After Ravens Game 2)
2. Then, they put a new domestic violence policy in place: 6 months for a first offender.
3. Video comes out, (which they are lying about not seeing before) and without any foundation in the rules or in the previous punishment, extend his punishment indefinitely, which is neither the initial punishment, nor the new policy. There is no basis for it.
4. As a result, he's out $9 Million.

Lawyers are touching themselves over this one.

Yep