• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ray Rice super thread.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the Ravens and I don't like Rice but I know freeze dried bullshit when I see it. I hope he sues them for every dime of the contract.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<<<<<< Will not be surprised, at all, if Oakland, Dallas or NE give Rice a shot when this all settles down. :laugh:

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was paid already with a front loaded contract of 25 mil for 12 and 13 season.
We don't have to pay him anymore but he counts against our cap over 4 mil for 14 and over 9 mil for 15...
Dumb move because Rice will appeal this double jeopardy penalty and will probably win according to Roger Cossack the espn legal analyst and he is a free agent to sign anywhere he wants to then....
I don't think he'll want to play for a team that threw him under the bus like this, and he's already got his money so he can go make another big payday somewhere else.....Bad move, we should have waited until his appeal was through to see if we could have gotten something for a trade before we just cut him, IMO.:noidea:
oops.....didn't see your post/

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the Ravens and I don't like Rice but I know freeze dried bullshit when I see it. I hope he sues them for every dime of the contract.

?? There are usually morals sections in these type of contracts. In the real world he probably wouldn't see much if any of this money. Beyond beating up women the guy is also obviously a big time liar. Not sure why you are standing up for this POS. BTW - the concept of double jeopardy doesn't apply in this case - this is a private organization with its own rules. If something similar happened in the white collar world any guy would be booted in a second.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but they ''don't'' owe him anything,.....the ravens just like the other 31-teams have a morals-clause in their contracts that specify ''termination'' based on immoral/conduct if they see fit,......pats are going thru with this with murderer/aaron hernandez, who did have guaranteed $$$/bonuses left on his contract that is legally his but the pats are trying to $ave-face/and are suing him [good-luck].

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WHY? What are you talking about?

Rice doesn't deserve a dime. Even if he had guaranteed money left.....it should be forfeited due to this.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rice doesn't deserve a dime. Even if he had guaranteed money left.....it should be forfeited due to this.

His wife also suffers because half of that was hers.

No guranteed money, as he's not on the roster this season.

He would have had guaranteed money if the TMZ video did not come out until next Monday...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Ray Rice threads merged.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol,...tell the players union that one,.........even murderer/aaron hernandez will get their representation in court [like I stated/above].

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they already knew about it, and in the NFL's case did something about it. That seems like they righting a wrong (their lax punishment of Rice) by committing another wrong (punishing him twice for the same incident).

Really? So if something similar happened at your work your take would be to just look the other way and act as if nothing happened? Let's say some manager is accused of similar (violence or perhaps blatant physical harassment). Now say they have a hearing & they determine that there is not enough evidence - case closed except for a slap on the wrist.

Now a few weeks later video evidence surfaces that shows this guy is clearly guilty. What then? Again - this isn't a court of law with the concept of double jeopardy. Being employed is a privilege & a different set of rules apply. You better believe in that case the guy would be booted the same day. They might settle on a small payout just to keep the noise down (in this case Rice already received a ton of money). I see absolutely nothing wrong with how this is handled. He just better watch his back so the nobody treats him like he treats his wife.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His wife also suffers because half of that was hers.

No guranteed money, as he's not on the roster this season.

He would have had guaranteed money if the TMZ video did not come out until next Monday...
hmm,....sounds suspicious [the timing of vid/his termination]....doesn't it...?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I also raised this.

But get this:

Not only do they punish him twice, they exceeded the newly stated punishment for a first offense without any further hearings for Rice or a chance to defend himself.

I'd say there are grievances and lawsuits being keyboarded right now.

If you are being serious then you are 100% insane. Something tells me that you are some punk kid just trying to take the opposite point of view just to prove that you are an idiot.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the NFL pretending to be "moral." Puhlease.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are being serious then you are 100% insane. Something tells me that you are some punk kid just trying to take the opposite point of view just to prove that you are an idiot.

Name calling is all you got.

I like what I got and this is better:

1. Rice was punished, accepted and participated in part execution of that punishment. He was due to report Friday for a guaranteed $9 Million. (After Ravens Game 2)
2. Then, they put a new domestic violence policy in place: 6 months for a first offender.
3. Video comes out, (which they are lying about not seeing before) and without any foundation in the rules or in the previous punishment, extend his punishment indefinitely, which is neither the initial punishment, nor the new policy. There is no basis for it.
4. As a result, he's out $9 Million.

Lawyers are touching themselves over this one.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Rice a PR casualty? Yes

Does that matter? Hell no

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name calling is all you got.

I like what I got and this is better:

1. Rice was punished, accepted and participated in part execution of that punishment. He was due to report Friday for a guaranteed $9 Million. (After Ravens Game 2)
2. Then, they put a new domestic violence policy in place: 6 months for a first offender.
3. Video comes out, (which they are lying about not seeing before) and without any foundation in the rules or in the previous punishment, extend his punishment indefinitely, which is neither the initial punishment, nor the new policy. There is no basis for it.
4. As a result, he's out $9 Million.

Lawyers are touching themselves over this one.

Are you making this up as you go along? So, given the video was just released, I still believe they have to live by the rules they just set up. I agree it should go from 2 games to 6 games, but that is it. That said, the Ravens have the option to release whomever they want.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you making this up as you go along? So, given the video was just released, I still believe they have to live by the rules they just set up. I agree it should go from 2 games to 6 games, but that is it. That said, the Ravens have the option to release whomever they want.

BUT, he was already punished for that same act.

Yes the Ravens can release him, BUT the NFL suspension interferes with his ability to make money in the league, something that he was already punished for and accepted under the current rules and would have made $9 million that he reasonably expected to collect on Friday.