• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rapoport: JaMarcus Russell is trying to make a comeback - currently at 305 lbs

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, it is hard for me to relate any article about Jamarcus Russell to football.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i was right, quinn was better than russell...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Jeff Garcia's coaching and mentoring of Jamarcus are beginning to steal the show...

Jamarcus Russel NFL comeback documentary video : Gamedayr (video)

Garcia is still one weird looking dood

Is it just a rumor or is Garcia out? Has he admitted to it or no? Or is it false?

Re: Russell. I feel for him. I wish the best for him. I don't believe it'll happen, but I think it would be a great story. I can't imagine losing my dream, whether or not it was my fault. I would love to be able to retry things that I want to have done better. Not many people get that chance, whether that's self-imposed or external obstacles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Is it just a rumor or is Garcia out? Has he admitted to it or no? Or is it false?

As of last year, he was still married with 4 kids. His wife was the Playboy Playmate of the Year in 2004. Sorry the picture is so big... or am I?

062805_carmella_decesare.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Garcia. I always remember seeing him on The Girls Next Door.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overcompensating? "See! I'm straight!" - Garcia. He's paying her to be as a front. Gay men can have babies with women.

Just kidding. I don't have an opinion one way or another, just a rumor I heard.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcia does act a little flamboyant, probably where the rumors started along with T.O. saying it in the media when he was trying to get kicked off the team.

His wife there went to court for getting into a fight with another girl in Cleveland, back when she was just his GF because Garcia slept with the other woman when he was dating the playmate. If he's gay, he really sells the fake story by cheating on his GF with other women.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcia does act a little flamboyant, probably where the rumors started along with T.O. saying it in the media when he was trying to get kicked off the team.

His wife there went to court for getting into a fight with another girl in Cleveland, back when she was just his GF because Garcia slept with the other woman when he was dating the playmate. If he's gay, he really sells the fake story by cheating on his GF with other women.

OK, it was just a rumor and must have been repeated as a joke in a serious tone (that anyone who knew of TO's remarks would know) - like an inside joke. I just didn't care if he was or wasn't so I never linked the two. I heard the statement well after TO said anything.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
JaMarcus Russell gets some idea of how far he has to go (video) | al.com

In this week's video, Russell tackles the 40-yard dash, vertical jump and broad jump before doing some throwing. Russell started his work at Test West weighing 310 pounds and is trying to get ready to perform for NFL personnel.

"I think he's got some hills to climb," Test Football Academy founder and CEO Brian Martin said.

Russell ran the 40 in 5.2 seconds. Martin said Russell's goal during the training would be 4.8 seconds, and he expected Russell to run even faster than that.

Russell cleared 29 inches in the vertical jump. Martin said Russell's goal would be 33 inches.

Russell went 7 feet, 4 inches in the broad jump. Martin said the goal would be 9 feet.

"I'm heavier than normal," Russell said. "This is just getting some perspective on where we're at.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Remember when Charles Rogers tried to make a comeback too?

And Wendel Bryant?

The NFL doesn't want washed up junkies.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could be the next Marcus Dupree and play in 9 games over 2 seasons doing almost nothing before retiring again. Both are lazy sacks of shit who had tons of talent but no brains or drive.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I thought Wendel Bryant was going to be a terror too. I still think he would've been had he not become a junkie as soon as he got some money. He totally shocked me. He used to wakl everywhere in college to save money, and he said he was going to invest half his signing bounus in a 401K.

Darrell Russell's another one who similarly pissed his potentially great career away.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
JaMarcus Russell - QB - Free Agent

A scout tells CBS Sports that there's a "good chance" free agent JaMarcus Russell gets another shot in the NFL.

"I've been following his comeback story pretty closely," the scout said. "I think a lot of teams are." Russell has been out of the league since the Raiders gave up on him following the 2009 season. He's working his way back into shape, reportedly losing more than 30 pounds off his previously rotund 300-plus pound frame. Still, it would be a leap of faith for a team to think Russell can help them.
Source: CBS Sports

Apr 4 - 12:18 PM