• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs O's

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Whatever happened to Ramirez anyway? I remember like 2 or 3 years ago we had 5 top prospects in Profar, Olt, Perez, Martin, and Ramirez. 3 of them are now contributors on the ML team and Olt has been up and even had a walk-off hit, but Ramirez hasn't done anything.

He just now seems to be getting his act together at Frisco but too many walks have plagued him throughout his career

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looks like we will not lose any ground on the A's tonite. Pirates looking good in the 6th with 5-0 lead

bennie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the most telling stat that shows how Darvish was affected by the 130 pitch outing is to look at the WHIP in the 8 games prior to the infamous decision to let him throw 130 pitches and in the 9 games after that game. The WHIP prior to that game was 0.91 and the WHIP in the 9 games since is 1.18. Yu has had enough talent to overcome the extra baserunners in those 9 games in that he didn't let it affect his ERA very much, but I don't know that he can keep that up. Either way the increase in baserunners proves to me that he is not the same pitcher he was in the first 8 games this year. The 1.18 ERA is still very good, but compared to the 0.91 WHIP I think it is evident that something changed.

One thing is for certain and that is none of us can be certain about if it affected him or not. The ones of us who were concerned when Wash took the chance and let him throw 130 pitches when it wasn't needed are naturally going to be suspicious that it did have an effect now that he is injured. Those who thought nothing of it then will probably not change their mind now. If his arm fell off two weeks later they wouldn't think it had been affected by Wash's decision.

Either way though the fact remains that Wash took a huge gamble on the arm of our ace that night against Detroit. It was an unnecessary gamble and therefore a very dumb decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever happened to Ramirez anyway? I remember like 2 or 3 years ago we had 5 top prospects in Profar, Olt, Perez, Martin, and Ramirez. 3 of them are now contributors on the ML team and Olt has been up and even had a walk-off hit, but Ramirez hasn't done anything.

Advanced rapidly, essentially skipped AA (6 starts), did well in AAA nonetheless, couldn't get anybody out in AAA last year, then got sent back to AA to work it out and is there to this day working on throwing more strikes, but his BB/9 is about where his career average is 3.7-3.8, which is just way too high, but he will strike a lot of guys out

Advance rapidly up the prospect lists due to a very strong 2011, but scuffled in 2012 due to long existing issues plus a sudden inability to get people out, once again putting up numbers more in line with his career numbers

Ready for the Majors? probably not, but might be needed to throw in a couple innings sooner rather than later due to injuries

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the most telling stat that shows how Darvish was affected by the 130 pitch outing is to look at the WHIP in the 8 games prior to the infamous decision to let him throw 130 pitches and in the 9 games after that game. The WHIP prior to that game was 0.91 and the WHIP in the 9 games since is 1.18. Yu has had enough talent to overcome the extra baserunners in those 9 games in that he didn't let it affect his ERA very much, but I don't know that he can keep that up. Either way the increase in baserunners proves to me that he is not the same pitcher he was in the first 8 games this year. The 1.18 ERA is still very good, but compared to the 0.91 WHIP I think it is evident that something changed.

One thing is for certain and that is none of us can be certain about if it affected him or not. The ones of us who were concerned when Wash took the chance and let him throw 130 pitches when it wasn't needed are naturally going to be suspicious that it did have an effect now that he is injured. Those who thought nothing of it then will probably not change their mind now. If his arm fell off two weeks later they wouldn't think it had been affected by Wash's decision.

Either way though the fact remains that Wash took a huge gamble on the arm of our ace that night against Detroit. It was an unnecessary gamble and therefore a very dumb decision.

His WHIP was pretty ridiculously low for as much as he walks people, he suddenly became slightly more hittable b/c thats what was eventually going to happen, its nothing, the numbers don't back you up

Was it unnecessary? Sure thing, but there do not appear to be any long term effects and the numbers do back that up

bennie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, most folks are going to believe what they believed from the start. Also, some injuries don't always show up in the numbers or the results immediately. A weakened muscle,, ligament, or tendon can be damaged in a small way and continue to get worse over time. Some arm abuses don't show up in the results or numbers for months. I am no medical expert, but those who say the 130 pitches has affected him are no more off base than those who say the opposite. No one will ever know for sure.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more concerned with the HR rate which is a problem that has plagued him all year

Hopefully these next 15 days off do him wonders

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have been away for most of the day, saw where Darvish hits the DL. Haven't seen what any posters have said or what most are reporting on the topic, but if there was a time for this to go down it is now. The break coming and this retroactive to July 6th Yu may only have to miss a couple starts and won't have to pitch in the AS game which may work out just fine for Texas. Hope it doesn't carry over any more than that

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have been away for most of the day, saw where Darvish hits the DL. Haven't seen what any posters have said or what most are reporting on the topic, but if there was a time for this to go down it is now. The break coming and this retroactive to July 6th Yu may only have to miss a couple starts and won't have to pitch in the AS game which may work out just fine for Texas. Hope it doesn't carry over any more than that

He should just miss the one tomorrow and be back for the Yankee series.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, most folks are going to believe what they believed from the start. Also, some injuries don't always show up in the numbers or the results immediately. A weakened muscle,, ligament, or tendon can be damaged in a small way and continue to get worse over time. Some arm abuses don't show up in the results or numbers for months. I am no medical expert, but those who say the 130 pitches has affected him are no more off base than those who say the opposite. No one will ever know for sure.

Sorry Bennie. I'm not buying it. There's no evidence to support your theory. If it were true I'd think his 120+ pitch first outing of the season would've affected him more because he wasn't in mid season form, but its just not true. Sell it somewhere else cause we're not buying.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True and that being said, I'm sure they'll re-evaluate before the Yankees game and at most he'll miss 2 games, which would be fine by me, better safe than sorry

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True and that being said, I'm sure they'll re-evaluate before the Yankees game and at most he'll miss 2 games, which would be fine by me, better safe than sorry

Especially since Ogando is supposed to be ready to go immediately after the All-Star Break

More will be known after a 2nd rehab start tomorrow

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely. My guess, they saw an opportunity to get him an extended break and he was feeling some fatigue in his upper trap. As you said, better safe than sorry.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially since Ogando is supposed to be ready to go immediately after the All-Star Break

More will be known after a 2nd rehab start tomorrow

Lets hope for some improvement.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he needs to miss another start or two after that I'm fine w it, injuries have hit us hard but here is no one more important than having Yu healthy down he stretch

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he needs to miss another start or two after that I'm fine w it, injuries have hit us hard but here is no one more important than having Yu healthy down he stretch

true but I doubt its nothing more than getting him a little extra rest and not giving anyone a reason to throw a hissy fit because he wont be participating in the AS game

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true but I doubt its nothing more than getting him a little extra rest and not giving anyone a reason to throw a hissy fit because he wont be participating in the AS game

Very good point. I hadn't considered that. Yu really doesn't need to be throwing in that game, and this ensures he won't.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good point. I hadn't considered that. Yu really doesn't need to be throwing in that game, and this ensures he won't.

Seems like every year, you have that one player that declines and people go ape shit, and the player is basically like "Bitch, I'm tired/worn out!"

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is exactly what I thought, think the FO has it all figured out. Now we just add a bat and a pitcher and get some guys back and win the division