• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. Indians this weekend

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's the 1st baseman available in the off-season:

Corey Hart (32)
Todd Helton (40)
Eric Hinske (36)
Xavier Nady (35)
Mike Napoli (32)
Paul Konerko (38)
Casey Kotchman (31)
Adam Lind (30) - $7MM club option with a $2MM buyout
James Loney (30)
Kendrys Morales (30)
Justin Morneau (33)
Mike Morse (32)
Lyle Overbay (37)
Carlos Pena (36)
Mark Reynolds (30)
Kevin Youkilis (35)

which would you take?

James loney

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 games isn't 10. 6 games to come back from is more than manageable. Oakland isn't exactly lighting it up either and Texas goes on a little win streak here then all of a sudden things change. I know we focus on the present and it's easy to count things out and so quickly but there's 2 full months of ball to be played.

It may be 10 after the angels and a's series if the offense doesn't pick it up.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They suck and it gets worse each day. Short of bringing in 5 new hitters there is really nothing they can do. No trades that leverage the future. Try to extend Garza and just see what happens with the roster constructed as is.

I agree 100 pct. Kind of goes in line with what Duane and a few others stated. Just keep what you have and make Garza a priority. There just is not anything out there worth giving up prospects for. If we somehow make the playoffs then fine. But with the pitching we will have next season just build the offense up during the summer and come back stronger.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have abstained from posting for a couple of weeks because I have railed on Magadan earlier in the season and been attacked by the crowd. Here's the deal, something must be done to shake things up and JD can go get all the hitters in the world but it won't help if the approach at the plate doesn't change. EVERY potential rally for the Rangers today has been stifled by a Ranger hitter swinging at a first pitch. I get it that hitters must execute but a disciplined approach particularly against someone who has fits of wildness like Jimenez is what's needed and obviously not what's coached by wash and the boys. So sick of watching AJ, Beltre, Cruz, and Moreland kill a rally first ball swinging I can't stand it.
Totally with you, I've been bitching about this all season...

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just 2 hits, shut out by Jimenez through 8?
Why am I not surprised.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This must be his "best" outing in 3 years...
Like I said earlier. Doesn't matter if it's Masterson on the mound or me on the mound. The rangers' offense is garbage all around.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a assumption right now but he has cleared his locker according to mlbtrade rumors. Last tweet

@JimBowdenESPNxm: If Jake Peavy has been traded it is NOT to the Braves,Cards,O's or Red Sox according to team sources

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have abstained from posting for a couple of weeks because I have railed on Magadan earlier in the season and been attacked by the crowd. Here's the deal, something must be done to shake things up and JD can go get all the hitters in the world but it won't help if the approach at the plate doesn't change. EVERY potential rally for the Rangers today has been stifled by a Ranger hitter swinging at a first pitch. I get it that hitters must execute but a disciplined approach particularly against someone who has fits of wildness like Jimenez is what's needed and obviously not what's coached by wash and the boys. So sick of watching AJ, Beltre, Cruz, and Moreland kill a rally first ball swinging I can't stand it.
I made reference earlier about first pitch swinging and was told it is mental. I certainly don't believe that. How hard can it be to take a pitch especially if the sign is on? But my concern goes beyond hitting. Base running has been about as bad all season and the strange thing is little improvement is evident in these areas. Mental? I'm sure there is some but to say that is the problem with this team is just questionable.

Specs.Toporcer

RangerSince72
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, well. Just checked the score. We should have been sellers at the deadline, not buyers. JD needs to lay off the koolaid.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21 straight scoreless innings against the Indians pitching staff and defense...that takes some real " effort" to achieve that lofty goal...

Specs.Toporcer

RangerSince72
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame to see the Indians waste all those runs. Everyone knows it only takes one to beat the Rangers and they might need the others against Detroit or somebody.

Old school

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need better pitching. Everyone else has three Cy Young candidates.