• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, I know its really farfetched, but THIS IS a trade forum. Has anyone thought about the prospects of getting someone like dominic brown? I havent seen his name on here yet but I thought it was interesting. Decent outfielder, hitting .271 and has 24 bombs. Think he has a concussion now or something but should be available at the deadline. Very expensive, prospect wise, but just a name I have seen thrown around yet.

Its the one young player they have to build around and put butts in the seats, trading him sends a bad message to the fan base that not only are they not contending this year but for years to come

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I m a little surprised that the Marlins would not trade Stanton since he could help replenish multiple positions for their team because you know they would get a good return on their investment.

Because they have young talent already and a lot of it is getting close to ML ready, so they are viewing him as a piece to put pieces they already have around and not someone to get those pieces

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love JD. I have full faith he'll get us to where we wanna be.

Carlos Gonzalez WOULD solve two problems. Power OF bat who fits nicely in the middle of the order. I can live with it that he is a LH batter:) But as you said, we would have to wait that one out until the end and possibly give up on earlier opportunities.

If we can get him, great. He is just entering his prime years. What is his contract situation?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they have young talent already and a lot of it is getting close to ML ready, so they are viewing him as a piece to put pieces they already have around and not someone to get those pieces

I know their pitching has been crazy good. Was not sure if they could use multiple position players plus one more pitching piece.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, I know its really farfetched, but THIS IS a trade forum. Has anyone thought about the prospects of getting someone like dominic brown? I havent seen his name on here yet but I thought it was interesting. Decent outfielder, hitting .271 and has 24 bombs. Think he has a concussion now or something but should be available at the deadline. Very expensive, prospect wise, but just a name I have seen thrown around yet.

Brown? Perhaps we compete IF the Phils decide to sell. They have not been answering phones lately from what I hear:) It would be a great catch. He is still young and this is his first season getting full time work.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos Gonzalez WOULD solve two problems. Power OF bat who fits nicely in the middle of the order. I can live with it that he is a LH batter:) But as you said, we would have to wait that one out until the end and possibly give up on earlier opportunities.

If we can get him, great. He is just entering his prime years. What is his contract situation?

Signed through 2018 i think. I dont know what it would take to get him

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown? Perhaps we compete IF the Phils decide to sell. They have not been answering phones lately from what I hear:) It would be a great catch. He is still young and this is his first season getting full time work.

He is one piece I cannot see them trading at 25 years old.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why phillies would buy
They're not wiling to face reality. Still feel they have a run in them, and nobody is really running away with the division. But they need to face the fact that they are past their prime and time to rebuild...btw, the last guy they would trade would be Dominic Brown...he's one of the few young studs they have, and they are very high on him.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

one of the best players in all of baseball is signed thru 2018 at a little over 10M/yr

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB trade rumors says the Rangers have inquired about Michael Young...we can't be serious...

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know their pitching has been crazy good. Was not sure if they could use multiple position players plus one more pitching piece.

C- Rob Brantly (24) ML, Kyle Skipworth (23) AAA, JT Realmuto (22) AA
1B- Logan Morrison (26) ML
2B- Solano (25) ML, Derek Dietrich (24) AAA, Noah Perio (21) AA
3B- Colin Moran (20) A, Zach Cox (24) AA
SS- Adeiny Hechavarria (24) ML, Avery Romero (20) A
OF- G. Stanton (23), Christian Yelich (21), Jake Marisnick (22), Marcell Ozuna (23) all on the ML roster (Ozuna is hurt)

1B is a weakness longterm I would guess as no one stands out ML level or in the minors, but 1B are easy to find a competent player and Morrison may eventually become that, if he can stay healthy

3B is a weakness short term, but Cox is projected to make a run at the majors next year, will be interesting

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C- Rob Brantly (24) ML, Kyle Skipworth (23) AAA, JT Realmuto (22) AA
1B- Logan Morrison (26) ML
2B- Solano (25) ML, Derek Dietrich (24) AAA, Noah Perio (21) AA
3B- Colin Moran (20) A, Zach Cox (24) AA
SS- Adeiny Hechavarria (24) ML, Avery Romero (20) A
OF- G. Stanton (23), Christian Yelich (21), Jake Marisnick (22), Marcell Ozuna (23) all on the ML roster (Ozuna is hurt)

1B is a weakness longterm I would guess as no one stands out ML level or in the minors, but 1B are easy to find a competent player and Morrison may eventually become that, if he can stay healthy

3B is a weakness short term, but Cox is projected to make a run at the majors next year, will be interesting

Yeah, I think the Marlins were actually really interested in Olt at one point

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really suprises me about young is that hes been drawing a lot more walks

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need a DH persay, ANYONE can play DH, if we get any hitter that can hit then someone can move to DH, we get an OFer then Cruz can DH and play the field, we get a 1B and Moreland can DH and play the field, etc...