• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think the Marlins were actually really interested in Olt at one point

Before his lousy season and vision problems, yes, would've made a bunch of sense

I would've easily done Olt and Sardinas and a couple pitchers

Old school

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need a DH persay, ANYONE can play DH, if we get any hitter that can hit then someone can move to DH, we get an OFer then Cruz can DH and play the field, we get a 1B and Moreland can DH and play the field, etc...
The thing is a DH needs to be able to hit. We have used Elvis,Profar, Murphy, and many others at DH.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before his lousy season and vision problems, yes, would've made a bunch of sense

I would've easily done Olt and Sardinas and a couple pitchers

Yep this Winter. I was screaming trade Olt this Winter. Maybe if not for the eye sight thing he would still have a lot of value. But at the time I was saying cash in while his value is so high. Saw him as a guy that was about to be 25 never played a season at AAA, they had Beltre signed and figured it would be good time to cash in when the value was there for sure

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is a DH needs to be able to hit. We have used Elvis,Profar, Murphy, and many others at DH.

Hence the part where I said "if we get any hitter that can hit" position doesn't matter, if they are a better defender than someone we have, then they move and share time at DH, DH in my opinion SHOULD be a revolving door to get guys rest out of the field if you can

If you have Edgar MArtinez then sure permanent DHs make sense, but I think it limits your lineup options when you have a guy like Berkman that JUST DHs

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nationals buyers/sellers this year? Man they stink. Such a disappointment after last year.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nationals buyers/sellers this year? Man they stink. Such a disappointment after last year.

I knew shutting down Stephen Strasburg would
Come back to bite them. Cause you never know when you will have another chance to go to the playoffs

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soriano to NYY. I sure hope JD has something going on to get the Rangers a bat or three.