• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And JD is having to wait to the last second to see if there will be more sellers.

Yeah. If anything gets done I doubt it happens before the midnight hour. I would like having morales.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The verdict is still out on at least 3 teams to see if they're buying or selling. The most important of those are the rockies and the giants.... So while we're watching games in our own division we should be paying attention to those games as well. The dodgers don't seem to be slowing down anytime soon

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The verdict is still out on at least 3 teams to see if they're buying or selling. The most important of those are the rockies and the giants.... So while we're watching games in our own division we should be paying attention to those games as well. The dodgers don't seem to be slowing down anytime soon

Is that the Update on the Rangers possible new Bat to be acquired?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, i dont think its that important because I think its sort of common sense, but JD has asked the Rockies multiple times about Cargo including before the season. The reason he hasn't asked them lately is GM's think its rude to do that to a team that hasn't come out and said "we are sellers" because those teams still think they can turn the season around. So there's no sense in going to someone to do business and then saying "well you're not getting the job done so you should just sell the house to me." Sort of a business courtesy. So this leads me to believe that he'll ask again before the deadline is over. In fact he probably already has. I only heard that he asked them AT LEAST one time before the season and multiple times overall. He's asked the marlins about stanton and the rockies about Cargo. So despite what he's been saying about the market being down and there not being any real impact players, he's still looking for that guy. I love JD. I have full faith he'll get us to where we wanna be.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly's gotta be sellers. No way they make it to the playoffs. Just putting that out, no way we are after Lee now after getting Garza. Or Young.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, i dont think its that important because I think its sort of common sense, but JD has asked the Rockies multiple times about Cargo including before the season. The reason he hasn't asked them lately is GM's think its rude to do that to a team that hasn't come out and said "we are sellers" because those teams still think they can turn the season around. So there's no sense in going to someone to do business and then saying "well you're not getting the job done so you should just sell the house to me." Sort of a business courtesy. So this leads me to believe that he'll ask again before the deadline is over. In fact he probably already has. I only heard that he asked them AT LEAST one time before the season and multiple times overall. He's asked the marlins about stanton and the rockies about Cargo. So despite what he's been saying about the market being down and there not being any real impact players, he's still looking for that guy. I love JD. I have full faith he'll get us to where we wanna be.

Yeah I keep hearing that about Stanton but always no. I would love Cargo. Honestly though I hope one of those teams decides to sell one of them!

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, I know its really farfetched, but THIS IS a trade forum. Has anyone thought about the prospects of getting someone like dominic brown? I havent seen his name on here yet but I thought it was interesting. Decent outfielder, hitting .271 and has 24 bombs. Think he has a concussion now or something but should be available at the deadline. Very expensive, prospect wise, but just a name I have seen thrown around yet.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, I know its really farfetched, but THIS IS a trade forum. Has anyone thought about the prospects of getting someone like dominic brown? I havent seen his name on here yet but I thought it was interesting. Decent outfielder, hitting .271 and has 24 bombs. Think he has a concussion now or something but should be available at the deadline. Very expensive, prospect wise, but just a name I have seen thrown around yet.

Yeah I think I was the one that mentioned him like a month ago lol. I would like him though

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know you said not important, but I would put ZERO stock in that. That is just doing your diligence as a GM. I like Daniels, but I wouldn't use that to separate him from any other GM in the league, or make me think there is any way in hell Cargo will be wearing a Ranger's uni any time soon

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. I was just trying to make the point that even though JD said there weren't that many impact players, he is going out of his way to find one (as everyone thought and hoped he was doing)

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you said not important, but I would put ZERO stock in that. That is just doing your diligence as a GM. I like Daniels, but I wouldn't use that to separate him from any other GM in the league, or make me think there is any way in hell Cargo will be wearing a Ranger's uni any time soon

That's why it doesn't hurt to ask.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why it doesn't hurt to ask.

that's what I said. But by him asking isn't going to make me think they have a chance at Cargo, or make me say, I love JD because of it

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. I was just trying to make the point that even though JD said there weren't that many impact players, he is going out of his way to find one (as everyone thought and hoped he was doing)

I agree. I just feel if he wasn't doing that he shouldn't do. That's kind of a basic requirement in my eyes. If I knew the GM of my organization wasn't kicking the tires on every possibility I'd be looking for a new one.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have thought about him but I figured he would be one of their untouchables. As old as that team is getting you would think they would keep him since he is just 25.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I m a little surprised that the Marlins would not trade Stanton since he could help replenish multiple positions for their team because you know they would get a good return on their investment.