• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers start an AL West Road Trip with a visit to the Astr*s: TEX @ HOU 5/19-22

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Dusty let Maldonado hit just in case Of injury to back up catcher in the 9th.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... I mentioned it as a theory some rando on the internet tossed out there originally. It appears to have snowballed significantly.
Okay then, I will go back to square one. Why in the world don't we have Heim and Huff both in the lineup? There is no good reason not to.

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a guy who attempted to pitch 2 late innings tonight

Maybe start the inning with Moore, Woody?

Yeah exactly. Should have brought Moore in to start that inning. Not send a struggling Sborz out there for a 2nd inning..

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay then, I will go back to square one. Why in the world don't we have Heim and Huff both in the lineup? There is no good reason not to.

I certainly don't understand a lot of what Woody does

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still floors me and the Sborz overuse too.
This to me is the worst loss of the year and a waste of Otto

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is another mock draft and they have us tsking Gavin Cross.

"A year after taking right-handed pitcher Jack Leiter with the No. 2 pick, the Texas Rangers grab another potential impact talent from the college level. Gavin Cross, a 21-year-old outfielder, brings a well-rounded skill set and has held up well in center field at Virginia Tech this season. He’s made tremendous strides this season with his plate discipline and would immediately become the Rangers’ top outfield prospect. Plus, signing the experienced college bat means there is more money to spend in later rounds."

Lee
Jones
Cross
Johnson
Collier
Green
Parada
Susac
Jung
Holliday

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think you need a guy managing that sees the big picture with the club, he can build rapport and a team mentality, treat all fairly, a good tactician, has both good visuals along with metric skills, knows when to go against metrics when a player is on a roll. Good teacher or has good teachers

Can motivate Both with positive reinforcement and a kick in the pants as needed. Not an enabler. Builds faith

Not thinking Woody fits this mold. Maybe I am asking too much

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think you need a guy managing that sees the big picture with the club, he can build rapport and a team mentality, treat all fairly, a good tactician, has both good visuals along with metric skills, knows when to go against metrics when a player is on a roll. Good teacher or has good teachers

Can motivate Both with positive reinforcement and a kick in the pants as needed. Not an enabler. Builds faith

Not thinking Woody fits this mold. Maybe I am asking too much
I don't think you are asking too much. I hope we are not asking too much of the front office to be able to find a great manager. JD has found three managers so far. Neither of the first two were in demand after they left here and I don't think Woodward will change that. JD and Young need the next manager to be a great manager. There are scores of candidates out there. They need to find the right guy.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the Rangers are on AppleTV+ tonight. Free to watch, just need the streaming app.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think if Huff catches, that we would see Garver at DH and Heim on the bench
I believe you are right but was trying to figure out what pony trick Woody would think of next.