• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers start an AL West Road Trip with a visit to the Astr*s: TEX @ HOU 5/19-22

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exciting times in Arlington these days, as the Rangers are on a bit of a roll. They go into the next series fresh off their first sweep of the season, having taken down a stout Angels team. It wasn't always pretty, but there were contributions from quite a few players and they were wins that a well-rounded team is capable of. The Rangers currently sit at 17-19 and in third place, both of which fall into the "best-case scenario" as far as where most people predicted the team would be.

It doesn't get any easier for them though as they travel to Houston for a 4 game set. Altuve is back, and they are in first place. Tossing the ball will be Otto, Perez, Gray, and Hearn. Otto looks to rebound from his worst start of the season. Times are 7, 7, 6, and 1. Hopefully El Bombi continues his ownership of the *'s, King Kole looks to continue his surge, and perhaps Semien builds off his 3 hit game yesterday.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith Law has released his first mock draft this morning, and it seems like he is trying to be as different from everyone else's mock draft as he can.

Jacob Berry
Druw Jones
Jackson Holliday
Brooks Lee
Kevin Parada
Termarr Johnson
Cam Collier
Cole Young
Elijah Green

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If logic ever applies, Altuve should not be a problem. We handled Trout and Ohtani, two of the best, but they were not 4' tall.

• Haha

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith Law has released his first mock draft this morning, and it seems like he is trying to be as different from everyone else's mock draft as he can.

Jacob Berry
Druw Jones
Jackson Holliday
Brooks Lee
Kevin Parada
Termarr Johnson
Cam Collier
Cole Young
Elijah Green

I agree with Elijah green falling further down..Jacob Berry doesn’t seem to get much love from some but he can hit like no other.
He might be a guy that could spend maybe 20 games at A ball then 20 games at AA this year after being drafted. Then go back to AA next year for 20 games then AAA for 20 then get promoted to MLB June of next year.
Or he could be like JJ Bleday lol
Who knows

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Mayo of MLB Pipeline has a new mock out with us taking Elijah Green.

Holliday
Jones
Green
Lee
Parada
Berry
Johnson
Cross
Porter
Jung

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exciting times in Arlington these days, as the Rangers are on a bit of a roll. They go into the next series fresh off their first sweep of the season, having taken down a stout Angels team. It wasn't always pretty, but there were contributions from quite a few players and they were wins that a well-rounded team is capable of. The Rangers currently sit at 17-19 and in third place, both of which fall into the "best-case scenario" as far as where most people predicted the team would be.

It doesn't get any easier for them though as they travel to Houston for a 4 game set. Altuve is back, and they are in first place. Tossing the ball will be Otto, Perez, Gray, and Hearn. Otto looks to rebound from his worst start of the season. Times are 7, 7, 6, and 1. Hopefully El Bombi continues his ownership of the *'s, King Kole looks to continue his surge, and perhaps Semien builds off his 3 hit game yesterday.
i'll want more but with the way the 'stros are playing i'm thinking 2 - 2 split is the best we can hope for

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Mayo of MLB Pipeline has a new mock out with us taking Elijah Green.

Holliday
Jones
Green
Lee
Parada
Berry
Johnson
Cross
Porter
Jung

I’d rather have Lee, Parada, Berry or Johnson lol

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw that Gallo is 4 for his last 33 and K'd in 44% of his AB this year. I wonder at what point Jamey Newberg will realize this team is better off without?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prospects Live has their Top 500 Draft Prospects list out. It is nor a mock, but a ranking.

Jones
Parada
Lee
Green
Holliday
Johnson
Jung
Susac
Cross
Lesko

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just not sold on Jackson Holliday and really hope the Rangers aren't either.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prospects Live has Ivan Melendez at 126 and that is fine with me. That would make him available when we pick at 109. He is up to 26 HR with an OPS of 1.479.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just not sold on Jackson Holliday and really hope the Rangers aren't either.
I’m not sold on him either.
High school athletes that are freakishly athletic or extremely coached and decently athletic can absolutely dominate high school.. once they get to high A or AA though it gets super hard.

Wouldn’t mind the Hispanic Titanic at all for our 2nd pick

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me neither. Hadn’t heard of him until he was mocked to the Rangers a couple of weeks ago. If they can’t get Jones. I would go with Lee or Johnson.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me neither. Hadn’t heard of him until he was mocked to the Rangers a couple of weeks ago. If they can’t get Jones. I would go with Lee or Johnson.
i don't know enough about him to know one way or the other. the Rangers will do their due diligence and draft whomever they think is the best option and i doubt they even read what we post or even care

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't know enough about him to know one way or the other. the Rangers will do their due diligence and draft whomever they think is the best option and i doubt they even read what we post or even care

like saddles mentioned earlier, it's all just dudes guessing at who goes where, and some try to go against the grain. it sounds like there is a really good crop of hitters this year. Rangers need good hitters.

but they definitely care about my posts. I do know that for sure.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 teams that could soon be sellers

"With that in mind, multiple executives tabbed the Reds, Pirates, Orioles, Cubs, Nationals, Royals and Athletics as likely summer sellers."

"Xander Bogaerts (opt-out), J.D. Martinez and Nathan Eovaldi (impending free agents) are among those players who would immediately become popular trade targets for contenders, but they will hardly be the only notable players drawing interest.

The names mentioned most often by executives include Frankie Montas and Ramón Laureano (Athletics), Luis Castillo and Tyler Mahle (Reds), Nelson Cruz, Josh Bell and Victor Robles (Nationals), Willson Contreras and Wade Miley (Cubs), Trey Mancini and Anthony Santander (Orioles), Andrew Benintendi and Zack Greinke (Royals) and Bryan Reynolds (Pirates).

“I have to believe Bryan Reynolds is moved,” an NL exec said. “And Baltimore and Cincinnati will definitely play a role in this thing too; the Reds could move starting pitching and Baltimore has a few position players that could definitely help contending clubs.”

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw that Gallo is 4 for his last 33 and K'd in 44% of his AB this year. I wonder at what point Jamey Newberg will realize this team is better off without?
I think some on this board still think he has value. How he can continue after NY is a mystery.