• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers start an AL West Road Trip with a visit to the Astr*s: TEX @ HOU 5/19-22

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you are right but was trying to figure out what pony trick Woody would think of next.
no idea but we did go 6 - 3 during the 9-game home stand so it seems to be working. if we batted Huff at DH and Heim catching and Heim went down with an injury early in the game the only option would be to move Huff to catcher which would force us to have the pitcher bat for the rest of the game. and with only 3 bench players to ph that effects any moves during the rest of the game. and if the injury meant putting Heim on the IL and Garver not able to catch and throw we would have to trade for a catcher or release someone from the 40 and add 1 of the MiL catchers to the 40 and bring them up

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is the manager explanation

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing devils advocate we need to let our SP eat innings. Could be worse if we had Howard up here lol but glad Otto pitched later than he has

All a cumulative effect

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is another mock draft and they have us tsking Gavin Cross.

"A year after taking right-handed pitcher Jack Leiter with the No. 2 pick, the Texas Rangers grab another potential impact talent from the college level. Gavin Cross, a 21-year-old outfielder, brings a well-rounded skill set and has held up well in center field at Virginia Tech this season. He’s made tremendous strides this season with his plate discipline and would immediately become the Rangers’ top outfield prospect. Plus, signing the experienced college bat means there is more money to spend in later rounds."

Lee
Jones
Cross
Johnson
Collier
Green
Parada
Susac
Jung
Holliday

I would hope we don’t use our 3rd pick on Gavin Cross..
I would much rather get Termarr, Parada, Berry, Jung or Jones/Lee if they fall to us.

What are your thoughts on Cross, Saddles ?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is the manager explanation
Wilson made it sound like Woodward's reasoning for not wanting to use Moore was because the team wasn't winning at the time. I never liked it when Wash took that tact either.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope we don’t use our 3rd pick on Gavin Cross..
I would much rather get Termarr, Parada, Berry, Jung or Jones/Lee if they fall to us.

What are your thoughts on Cross, Saddles ?
I like several others better.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson made it sound like Woodward's reasoning for not wanting to use Moore was because the team wasn't winning at the time. I never liked it when Wash took that tact either.
I get saving winning pieces for the lead but in a one run game with our division rival, this is an exception. Just running Sborz our because other guys tank is dry is not being prepared

We have Snyder in the minors needing a call up and there has been a tendency to baby our starters, Hearn for one comes to mind so to not damage their psyche

This mentality is what currently rubs me wrong and has tempted me to lose trust. Maybe it is the way I am wired

If your pen is burned up in May, I shudder to think about August

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get saving winning pieces for the lead but in a one run game with our division rival, this is an exception. Just running Sborz our because other guys tank is dry is not being prepared

We have Snyder in the minors needing a call up and there has been a tendency to baby our starters, Hearn for one comes to mind so to not damage their psyche

This mentality is what currently rubs me wrong and has tempted me to lose trust. Maybe it is the way I am wired

If your pen is burned up in May, I shudder to think about August
It seems like he is sending a message to the team that he thinks they have no chance to mount a comeback.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys streaming on Apple tonight?

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys streaming on Apple tonight?

You Know It GIF by MOODMAN

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep me posted. Don't know how to get the app. Doesit cost?
If you have a smart phone or tablet you can install the app for free. I have Roku on the set and can watch it there. Did not cost me last time

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thinking this is the application that may or not work from here but you could paste to your browser

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep me posted. Don't know how to get the app. Doesit cost?

You don't need a subscription to watch games on AppleTV+. I think that changes next month though. You get it the same way you get Netflix, Hulu, etc.

If you have a smart phone or tablet you can install the app for free. I have Roku on the set and can watch it there. Did not cost me last time

yep just need a device; phone, tablet or streaming stick will do.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is called Woodward-proofing the roster.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of catchers via fangraphs

David García, C, Texas Rangers
Level & Affiliate: Double-A Frisco Age: 22 Team Rank: TBD FV: 40
Line:
2-for-3, 2 HR, 1 BB, 1 K

Notes
Thursday was García’s second career multi-homer game and his first since 2019. That year, he put together an above league-average season at Low-A, but his 2021 failed to live up to that standard. He’s gotten off to a somewhat slow start in 2022 as well, coming into Thursday’s game with a wRC+ of just 51. But he’s walking more and striking out less, so the fact that his bat woke up last night is reassuring. Both bombs were towering shots off of breaking balls, sent out to left field and dead center, with exit velos of 99 and 101 mph. He’s looking more comfortable behind the plate than in years past, too, and has yet to commit an error in his 151.2 innings back there so far this year. If he’s able to make a habit out of performances like Thursday’s, it’ll greatly improve his chances of securing an everyday catching role