• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers look to shake off a frustrating homestand: TEX @ CLE 6/6-8

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prospects Live came out with it's latest mock draft and they too have us taking Jackson Holliday. They have Termarr Johnson going 7th.

I really hope the group-think on this is wrong.

They have Ivan Melendez going at 73.

Wonder if money comes into play with another team and the Rangers have a chance to land Green at 3.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One trade chip for each team

Rangers: INF/OF Nick Solak / infield prospects
If the Rangers are hovering around .500 by the Trade Deadline, it’s unlikely they’ll go full fire sale like they did in 2021. With the Angels in a slump that could leave the second spot in the division up for grabs, there’s no need to repeat the past and trade ace left-hander Martín Pérez, who is currently on a one-year contract, as they did with ace Kyle Gibson last season. However, the Rangers do have a plethora of middle infield prospects -- Justin Foscue, Davis Wendzel, Jonathan Ornelas, etc. -- who may be on the move because of the blockbuster deals with Corey Seager and Marcus Semien. Solak could also be in the same situation because he was recently optioned to Triple-A. -- Kennedi Landry

I'm not sure why Kennedi would include the remark about not going "full fire sale." She should know where we are in the rebuild process.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if money comes into play with another team and the Rangers have a chance to land Green at 3.
According to these mocks, there is a good chance that Green will be there. It seems like the only guy they say we can definitely count on not being there is Druw Jones.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lost tribe

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One trade chip for each team

Rangers: INF/OF Nick Solak / infield prospects
If the Rangers are hovering around .500 by the Trade Deadline, it’s unlikely they’ll go full fire sale like they did in 2021. With the Angels in a slump that could leave the second spot in the division up for grabs, there’s no need to repeat the past and trade ace left-hander Martín Pérez, who is currently on a one-year contract, as they did with ace Kyle Gibson last season. However, the Rangers do have a plethora of middle infield prospects -- Justin Foscue, Davis Wendzel, Jonathan Ornelas, etc. -- who may be on the move because of the blockbuster deals with Corey Seager and Marcus Semien. Solak could also be in the same situation because he was recently optioned to Triple-A. -- Kennedi Landry

I'm not sure why Kennedi would include the remark about not going "full fire sale." She should know where we are in the rebuild process.
If we do trade a prospect i hope that he is part of a package that includes a veteran or two being traded by us as well, with the intent on bringing back a better prospect.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do trade a prospect i hope that he is part of a package that includes a veteran or two being traded by us as well, with the intent on bringing back a better prospect.

Think I'd rather bring back an established, controllable bullpen piece myself.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"MLB insider Kiley McDaniel’s 2023 MLB mock draft has the D-backs selecting Jackson Holliday, son of former big leaguer Matt Holliday, out of Stillwater High School in Oklahoma."

This would be perfect.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could do both. My trade would be with a contender while yours would be with a team that is not in the race.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Seem we are up to our bobo in very good prospects including pitchers and position players. No good feelings concerning Le Clerk.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could do both. My trade would be with a contender while yours would be with a team that is not in the race.

True. My hope is that the MLB team gets more upgraded than the farm though.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. My hope is that the MLB team gets more upgraded than the farm though.
I would want a prospect that could be expected to play up here by early next season. They might not upgrade the big club immediately, but it wouldn't be 2 years away either.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would want a prospect that could be expected to play up here by early next season. They might not upgrade the big club immediately, but it wouldn't be 2 years away either.

I like the trade the rays and twins did with Nelson Cruz.
I like why the twins got back.

Joe Ryan

And Drew Strotman-(more like depth)

I know we don’t have a Nelson Cruz but i also wouldn’t want the depth piece back.

If we could find a team that was willing to give up a guy like Joe Ryan for 2-3 players That would be awesome.

What 2-3 players would we send that way?
I would assume someone like Kole Calhoun, maybe a RP and then a guy like Wendzel or Ornelas?

We would need to find a team that really needs a COF and bullpen help as well as being short in depth at 2B/SS/3B in the minors

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like seeing Steele Walker
Would like to see Reks get more than 20 ABs tho too
I noticed he played 1b last night with Round Rock. Maybe they should let him have more starts there and bring him back up later to play 1b and some OF.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For example, two contenders, the Giants and the Rays, have pitching prospects who would be an upgrade over every pitching prospect we have besides Leiter and Winn. Kyle Harrison for the Giants may even be an upgrade over Winn. Taj Bradley is the prospect for the Rays. Both guys ETA into the big leagues is 2023. If we could package a veteran or two along with two or three prospects of our own to get one of them, that would be a great trade.

They rank 43 and 68 overall on MLB Pipeline.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For example, two contenders, the Giants and the Rays, have pitching prospects who would be an upgrade over every pitching prospect we have besides Leiter and Winn. Kyle Harrison for the Giants may even be an upgrade over Winn. Taj Bradley is the prospect for the Rays. Both guys ETA into the big leagues is 2023. If we could package a veteran or two along with two or three prospects of our own to get one of them, that would be a great trade.

They rank 43 and 68 overall on MLB Pipeline.

the problem with that is those prospects would have to be pretty high caliber, because our veterans aren't.