• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers look to shake off a frustrating homestand: TEX @ CLE 6/6-8

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is the more exciting play, a leap at the wall to rob a HR or an unbelievable throw from the OF to gun down a runner at the plate? The last two games I have been to in-person I got to see one of each.

Reactions: DTC

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of the bunt especially before the 9th but we do need to move runners better and look for contact when we have guys in scoring position and no outs

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Rangers are near the bottom in almost all hitting categories, except for HR, where they are 5th.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitting is still down league-wide, if I'm not mistaken. And extreme shifts are commonplace.
all true and even very good hitters are slumping and will. eventually we will see Seager pick it up

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Rangers are near the bottom in almost all hitting categories, except for HR, where they are 5th.
Which is why a guy like Josh Smith a contact hitter is a great fit for this team. Thinking Jung will be as well. I like Duran too but he is a pure FB hitter
Seager looked fooled by pitches as well

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Eli White is a detriment with the bat but without his defense we don’t with the game yesterday in my book

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why a guy like Josh Smith a contact hitter is a great fit for this team. Thinking Jung will be as well. I like Duran too but he is a pure FB hitter
I have a lot of confidence in Smith and Duran as well. I have even more confidence in Jung. I feel really good about the one everyone is sleeping on as well. That would be Blaine Crim. If we patiently wait for these hitters we have in the system, this will be a very good hitting team.

We may not even need another free agent hitter, but it is good to know we can still afford one if we do.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what happens to Duran when Smith comes back

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully we look at Culberson or even Miller as the one who goes away and we stay with Smith and Duran and even Walker, although it's still to early to get a good picture of his ability. if Walker isn't the answer i'm ready for Thompson

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to keep him up if possible playing daily maybe LF or 3B If Smith takes LF.

Concerned though that this wont happen if Miller comes back. They might just send Duran to AAA
Seems like a guy like Culbertson could get released

Duran needs to play daily wherever he is at

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to keep him up if possible playing daily maybe LF or 3B If Smith takes LF.

Concerned though that this wont happen if Miller comes back. They might just send Duran to AAA

I'm all for Culberson's time to come to an end. He's a situational platoon player who's not doing the one thing (hitting LH) he's here for.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting bit of baseball fact... someone on Reddit did a breakdown of the most recent losing streak of at least 12 games for each team. The Rangers was July of last year. There are 7 teams who haven't had one in my lifetime (I'm in my mid 40's). The Marlins have never had one.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i understand but how are we going to get good views on all of them: Smith, Duran, Huff, Walker, etc, if we don't have some rotation set-up for them? if we play Smith in LF then Walker sits or goes down so we might as well keep Culberson or Miller. same problem exist for Huff, we either play him full time at C and/or 1B so that makes Lowe and Heim redundant for the most part.

i want to see them all stay up and get as much time as they can but it would not be out of necessity full-time

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i understand but how are we going to get good views on all of them: Smith, Duran, Huff, Walker, etc, if we don't have some rotation set-up for them? if we play Smith in LF then Walker sits or goes down so we might as well keep Culberson or Miller. same problem exist for Huff, we either play him full time at C and/or 1B so that makes Lowe and Heim redundant for the most part.

i want to see them all stay up and get as much time as they can but it would not be out of necessity full-time
Walker may be the odd man out then and that also does not include Thompson or Leody coming up. Maybe some injuries happen. They usually do

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both will need to move from 3B by the beginning of next year. As far as I know Duran was never tried in the OF so I imagine Smith starts in the OF and Duran starts at 3B for the duration of this year. Of course, if Semien or Seagar get injured then Smith probably takes their place.

I guess they could send Duran to Round Rock to get some time in the OF for a few weeks, but I would imagine they will let him work on that in the offseason.