• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers look to shake off a frustrating homestand: TEX @ CLE 6/6-8

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember watching Gentry from the OF get to everything that came remotely close to him.
He was elite. White looks even more so especially how he climbs the fence

I remember when Gentry was on the bench and not in as a defensive replacement while we trotted Nellie Cruz out to RF during a WS game. Then again so was Endy Chavez

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barlow has been shaky lately. Almost walked 2 guys and his swing and miss is not so good these days

I haven't been able to watch much but Barlow seems to have done considerably better, than Matt Bush did in the 9th the other day. I'm ok with him not throwing a perfect inning, as long as he doesn't shit the bed like Bush does often

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only he could get on base more often...
The only way I see White being a regular in the future is if we have such a solid offense that they can afford to keep him in the lineup for his speed in the field and on the base paths. Otherwise he will be a late inning defensive replacement or pinch runner which of course he is excellent at.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I see White being a regular in the future is if we have such a solid offense that they can afford to keep him in the lineup for his speed in the field and on the base paths. Otherwise he will be a late inning defensive replacement or pinch runner which of course he is excellent at.
Yes this is what I brought up to Sandler in his program. He sees him more of a defensive replacement which is the current logic.

He saves runs though and can cover for a weak LF. If we bat him 9 then we limit is ABs.

Was told he is making better judgements recently stealing bases

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think will have the better career, White or Taveras?
Good question. It may be that White has a better career with us but not as a starter. His routes have been outstanding

Maybe Leody has a better career but not with us. We may trade him

Still looking for that unicorn who can do it all in CF. Not really sure if even E Carter is that

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't see either White or Tavares being a regular starter in the future one of them could be a 4th outfielder

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question. It may be that White has a better career with us but not as a starter. His routes have been outstanding

Maybe Leody has a better career but not with us. We may trade him

Still looking for that unicorn who can do it all in CF. Not really sure if even E Carter is that
Maybe the answer is not in finding a unicorn, but in fielding a team of thoroughbreds.