• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers in O-town V the A's needing some L's: 9/10-12

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that is why Odor and Elvis and K. Davis are still here. They refuse to eat contracts.
Come on. They did eat the contracta albeit finally

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since DT got on his ass, Leody is the second coming of Mickey Mantle

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on. They did eat the contracta albeit finally
T was being facetious. They can easily eat a contract the size of Arihara's. Those guys I mentioned are all proof that they can.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that is why Odor and Elvis and K. Davis are still here. They refuse to eat contracts.
and that would make it $15M in dead money on next year's payroll. if we open next season with FA starter, Hearn, Arihara, Allard and Dunning and then at the trade deadline unload or trade him we then bring in Alexy or Otto to finish the season. hell we could carry Alexy, Otto & even Howard in the bullpen. but not to you, you just cut anyone that doesn't fit your scheme

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that would make it $15M in dead money on next year's payroll. if we open next season with FA starter, Hearn, Arihara, Allard and Dunning and then at the trade deadline unload or trade him we then bring in Alexy or Otto to finish the season. hell we could carry Alexy, Otto & even Howard in the bullpen. but not to you, you just cut anyone that doesn't fit your scheme
You never seem to have a clear idea about what I want. You are mistaken about that more than you are right.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. We went with Benjamin today and still won.
Talk about a wasted roster spot lol Benjamin hasn’t been effective since 2018 and that was in the minors..

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about a wasted roster spot lol Benjamin hasn’t been effective since 2018 and that was in the minors..
can't argue with his lack of production. we should DFA him along with Calhoun, Anderson, Bush, Cotton, Santana, Sborz, Apostel, Wood and Dorow. that's 10. with FA's Lyles, Folty, Holt, Culberson, Yang and Patton that's another 6. total 16. i can think of another 7 that we could trade or DFA if we want to in Evans, J. Hernandez, Leclerc, Trevino, Guzman, IKF and Lowe. there i've found 23 players on the 40-man we don't need. add Syndergaard, Story, Freddie Freeman and Mark Canha thru free agency. add everyone we need to protect from rule 5.

SP: Syndergaard, Hearn, Arihara, Allard & Danning

RP: A.J. Alexy, Barlow, Cody, Howard, King, Latz, Otto & Snyder

Batting Order:

Canha LF R
Story SS R
Freeman 1B L
Garcia RF R
Peters CF R
Huff C R
Jung 3B R
Walker DH L
Solak 2B R

Bench:

Heim C S
Y. Hernandez 2B/3B/SS S
Ibanez 1B/2B/SS/3B/OF R
Taveras CF S

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't argue with his lack of production. we should DFA him along with Calhoun, Anderson, Bush, Cotton, Santana, Sborz, Apostel, Wood and Dorow. that's 10. with FA's Lyles, Folty, Holt, Culberson, Yang and Patton that's another 6. total 16. i can think of another 7 that we could trade or DFA if we want to in Evans, J. Hernandez, Leclerc, Trevino, Guzman, IKF and Lowe. there i've found 23 players on the 40-man we don't need. add Syndergaard, Story, Freddie Freeman and Mark Canha thru free agency. add everyone we need to protect from rule 5.

SP: Syndergaard, Hearn, Arihara, Allard & Danning

RP: A.J. Alexy, Barlow, Cody, Howard, King, Latz, Otto & Snyder

Batting Order:

Canha LF R
Story SS R
Freeman 1B L
Garcia RF R
Peters CF R
Huff C R
Jung 3B R
Walker DH L
Solak 2B R

Bench:

Heim C S
Y. Hernandez 2B/3B/SS S
Ibanez 1B/2B/SS/3B/OF R
Taveras CF S

I like most of it!
Still think Calhoun will produce well. Not a huge fan of Steele Walker. Next year will be Walkers age 26 season and he hasn’t shown an ability to get on base in the minors.
I would also assume Freeman will resign with Atlanta. I’d prefer to keep Lowe at 1B and sign Canha to play CF/RF to go along with Taveras/Adolis. Odds are 1 will underperform out of Adolis/Taveras.
Instead of Freeman I’d prefer a LF. Also wouldn’t mind signing Chris Taylor to play 3B to start the season and when the eventual injury/underperformance happens move Taylor to that position and bring up Jung.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big name big money FA's are not an automatic fix.
NYY have operated that way for years. At best they are fighting for a wild card. Must be careful who we sign. Just saying.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NYY have operated that way for years. At best they are fighting for a wild card. Must be careful who we sign. Just saying.
I think a blend of smart moves and some money and a little luck help.
Friedman has done well with the dodgers
The Rays & Athletics always seem to do well without spending a ton of money.
The Rangers have a decent amount of money. If they would just be super smart about their moves they could be “elite” as Woodward would say

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument but we’ve had our taste of FA’s mostly from low level FA’s who have performed exactly at the level expected from them not very good. Yes we’ve had a few that performed better than expected.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like most of it!
Still think Calhoun will produce well. Not a huge fan of Steele Walker. Next year will be Walkers age 26 season and he hasn’t shown an ability to get on base in the minors.
I would also assume Freeman will resign with Atlanta. I’d prefer to keep Lowe at 1B and sign Canha to play CF/RF to go along with Taveras/Adolis. Odds are 1 will underperform out of Adolis/Taveras.
Instead of Freeman I’d prefer a LF. Also wouldn’t mind signing Chris Taylor to play 3B to start the season and when the eventual injury/underperformance happens move Taylor to that position and bring up Jung.
Calhoun COULD still produce, no argument but we have waited for 5 seasons and somehow there is always something that has cost us most of every season so it’s like we have to start over again every season. Canha can play multiple positions like 1B and all 3 OF positions. Freeman has always produced and hits both RH and LH pitchers well. Taylor ain’t leaving the Dodgers. Hell it’s unlikely Freeman leaves Atl.