• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers holding rotation tryouts in Houston: 8/27=29

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers head south to play the *'s this weekend. 7, 6, and 1:30 are your go times. Glenn Otto, brought over in the Gallo trade, makes his MLB debut for Texas tonight as a beginning thrower guy. Your other beginning thrower guys for this series are Allard tomorrow and Hearn on Sunday - both are likely to go into 2022 as members of the rotation. I've been adamant that I think Allard is the de facto ace of the rotation at the moment, so I will be hoping he continues to develop and produce.

As for the *'s, they are pulling away from the A's by virtue of the A's fading in the race at the moment. I wouldn't mind taking 2 of 3 from them if it meant OAK and SEA gaining on them.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers head south to play the *'s this weekend. 7, 6, and 1:30 are your go times. Glenn Otto, brought over in the Gallo trade, makes his MLB debut for Texas tonight as a beginning thrower guy. Your other beginning thrower guys for this series are Allard tomorrow and Hearn on Sunday - both are likely to go into 2022 as members of the rotation. I've been adamant that I think Allard is the de facto ace of the rotation at the moment, so I will be hoping he continues to develop and produce.

As for the *'s, they are pulling away from the A's by virtue of the A's fading in the race at the moment. I wouldn't mind taking 2 of 3 from them if it meant OAK and SEA gaining on them.
Meet you at the beer concession. I want to go buy a Astro T-shirt for @Nightcrawler .

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i always want the *'s to get beat especially by us but that draft pick makes it hard

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need

to lose and the D'Backs, O's and Pirates need to win. we're 1 game out of the 2nd pick and 3.5 out of the 1st pick

fun part is that we have 2 against the D-Bags and 4 against the O's next month.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m ok with beating the Astros as long as the teams behind us lose. I’m not too worried about catching the orioles. I think the d-bags can be caught tho. as long as we get #3 or #4 overall, I’ll be happy.

mainly need the pirates, Marlins, and Cubs to get some wins.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*’s. LOL

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

Nick Solak is batting .333 (6 for 18) in four games since returning from Triple A Round Rock, and on Thursday night he connected for his first post-demotion home run.

Both of his hits in the Texas Rangers’ 10-6 loss to the Cleveland Indians were to right field. All hitters are at their best when going the other way, but one of Solak’s strengths has always been hitting to the opposite field.

It’s an indication that he’s seen the ball well, that he’s confident to let the ball travel deep and not worry about getting beat, and that he’s done beating himself up.

What can a month in the minors do for a player who was seemingly anointed the second baseman to start the season? A lot, which he has come to realize.

“This game requires both, the physical and mental,” Solak said. “I think a little reset to get back to the things that I’ve done, that’s what I’ve been trying to do. “

The swing doesn’t look much different, though there have been some tweaks. After a torrid April, Solak’s vulnerability to breaking balls was exposed and he slumped for three months.

The more he struggled, the more he pressed, manager Chris Woodward said.

Solak’s solution is finding joy in playing a game that so few get to play at the highest level.

“I’m excited to show up to the park every day, see the guys, talk to the guys, hear baseball stories,” Solak said. “I’m enjoying all those things and definitely making a point to continue to enjoy everything about this great job and being able to show up every day.”

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

Nick Solak is batting .333 (6 for 18) in four games since returning from Triple A Round Rock, and on Thursday night he connected for his first post-demotion home run.

Both of his hits in the Texas Rangers’ 10-6 loss to the Cleveland Indians were to right field. All hitters are at their best when going the other way, but one of Solak’s strengths has always been hitting to the opposite field.

It’s an indication that he’s seen the ball well, that he’s confident to let the ball travel deep and not worry about getting beat, and that he’s done beating himself up.

What can a month in the minors do for a player who was seemingly anointed the second baseman to start the season? A lot, which he has come to realize.

“This game requires both, the physical and mental,” Solak said. “I think a little reset to get back to the things that I’ve done, that’s what I’ve been trying to do. “

The swing doesn’t look much different, though there have been some tweaks. After a torrid April, Solak’s vulnerability to breaking balls was exposed and he slumped for three months.

The more he struggled, the more he pressed, manager Chris Woodward said.

Solak’s solution is finding joy in playing a game that so few get to play at the highest level.

“I’m excited to show up to the park every day, see the guys, talk to the guys, hear baseball stories,” Solak said. “I’m enjoying all those things and definitely making a point to continue to enjoy everything about this great job and being able to show up every day.”
Jeff Wilson no longer a beat reporter for FWST. Nice article.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Scott Lucas:

2021 6th-rounder Chase Lee has rewarded Texas's aggressive assignment so far, holding opponents to a .214/.241/.393 line and getting a called or swinging strike in an impressive 42% of his pitches.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Otto has put up good numbers in the minors. Expect a few walks but those haven’t hurt is ERA apparently.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to see what Otto has.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure wish IKF could hit with power. He gets bat on ball almost every time.

Reactions: DTC

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently I thought this was a road series. My bad.