• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host The Angels July 1-4

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
132 pitches in 4 2/3..........geez

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I missed the game. Every pitcher except St John stunk and our offense has not been anything to write home about for the past week.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure you aren't Grand Uncle Siggy.....and I thought I was old school. Ha

The way I see it is if the guy can do the job who cares if he isn't quite as tall/short as some people thinks he should be, performance is the ultimate arbiter. If anything he'll probably have a bit more range than someone 4-5" taller than him anyway.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
132 pitches in 4 2/3..........geez

249 total the strike zone must have been made of kryptonite last night. BTA I didn't see the game and the ump may have had a tight zone or Mathis was framing very well. Some umps are "tight" like that with younger unproven pitching and that isn't the proper way to call a game, reminds me of why I quit watching basketball about 40 years ago.

I have a sneaking suspicion the guys are getting tired and looking towards the AS break instead of the business at hand, Woodward needs to remind them of this.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
249 total the strike zone must have been made of kryptonite last night. BTA I didn't see the game and the ump may have had a tight zone or Mathis was framing very well. Some umps are "tight" like that with younger unproven pitching and that isn't the proper way to call a game, reminds me of why I quit watching basketball about 40 years ago.

I have a sneaking suspicion the guys are getting tired and looking towards the AS break instead of the business at hand, Woodward needs to remind them of this.

It’s just baseball. Sh*t happens.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched as much as I could. The strike zone was really tight early and through most of the game. Started giving some calls later that weren't given early in the game but I think the post game show said something about it being the most pitches the Rangers had thrown in a game. It was rough

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to sit down with Odor and have a serious talk with him. They need to tell him that he needs to start getting work in the OF because with his bat he needs to be a bench player. In the offseason he needs to get work in the OF and 1B. If Calhoun is able to play 2B he needs to become the starter. If Calhoun can't learn to play 2B, then Santana should have the job. Odor should not be a regular with his extremely prolonged slumps. Even if Odor has a great July and August he should still be considered a bench player.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to sit down with Odor and have a serious talk with him. They need to tell him that he needs to start getting work in the OF because with his bat he needs to be a bench player. In the offseason he needs to get work in the OF and 1B. If Calhoun is able to play 2B he needs to become the starter. If Calhoun can't learn to play 2B, then Santana should have the job. Odor should not be a regular with his extremely prolonged slumps. Even if Odor has a great July and August he should still be considered a bench player.
The article you linked said Calhoun played 2B in the Dodgers organization.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stranger things have happened but I can not see Calhoun at 3B and certainly not Odor at 1ST. Frankly it is difficult to see how Odor can remain on the team. Knowing he can not be sent down but make him a package deal somehow that we could move him even if we pay some portion of his money. The rangers could not be faulted in doing so as they have been more than fair trying to develop the guy.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stranger things have happened but I can not see Calhoun at 3B and certainly not Odor at 1ST. Frankly it is difficult to see how Odor can remain on the team. Knowing he can not be sent down but make him a package deal somehow that we could move him even if we pay some portion of his money. The rangers could not be faulted in doing so as they have been more than fair trying to develop the guy.
That would be ideal, but I don't see them trading him. At some point he will be released I would imagine. Not this season or next, but eventually they will want that roster spot to be filled with a better player.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He killed us yesterday.

Several K’s that ended scoring opportunities.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I'm not seeing the Rangers play with any regularity. Do y'all think maybe Minor has hit the wall and really needs some rest?