• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers back out on the road, first stop is Motor City: TEX @ DET 6/16-19

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So guys like Reks, White Leody or Bubba do not look like OF starter material. Keep one as a 4th OF. Maybe another as AAA depth. Don’t need the other 2 on the roster. Maybe not 3 depending if we convert guys like Josh Smith who can be real good if we are lucky but probably not great.
Like to be optimistic but this may be the reality

This is why guys like a Seager and Semien must produce. Paid for a superstar so be it
This is why we better stick to pure rebuild and get contention out of our thinking.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douche bag looking Nate Lowe haha
I am a fan of Lowe by the way
Well a goofy look was my definite intent. But I have zero room to talk

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little bit about Jackson Holliday.
Keep seeing him as our potential pick.

“With 89 hits in his senior season at Stillwater High School, Holliday set a new national record, eclipsing the mark set by current Phillies catcher J.T. Realmuto back in 2010. He also hit .685, launched 17 home runs, drove in 79 runs and stole 30 bases en route to being named the Gatorade Player of the Year for Oklahoma.”

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little bit about Jackson Holliday.
Keep seeing him as our potential pick.

“With 89 hits in his senior season at Stillwater High School, Holliday set a new national record, eclipsing the mark set by current Phillies catcher J.T. Realmuto back in 2010. He also hit .685, launched 17 home runs, drove in 79 runs and stole 30 bases en route to being named the Gatorade Player of the Year for Oklahoma.”

Impressive. Some have him going 1 or 2 in the draft.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this picture and list on an Arlington Stadium page I have just started to follow on Facebook.

FB_IMG_1655783673186.jpg
The 1976 Texas Rangers

On the 1rst row between the batboys:
Juan Beniquez - Greg Pryor - Danny Thompson - Dave Moates - Lenny Randle

2nd row: Nelson Briles - Fritz Peterson - Joe Hoerner - Jackie Moore - Frank Lucchesi - Pat Corrales - Jim Sundberg - Mike Hargrove - Toby Harrah

3rd row: Bill Zeigler - Jim Fregosi - Bert Blyleven - Dick Gernert - Sid Hudson - Jeff Burroughs - Tom Grieve - Bill Fahey - Steve Foucault

4th row: Gene Clines - Jeff Terpko - Gaylord Perry - Jim Umbarger - Steve Barr - Steve Hargan - Roy Howell - Joe Macko

Not pictured but also on the '76 team:
Roy Smalley - Joe Lahoud - Mike Cubbage - John Ellis - Ken Pape - Doug Ault - Len Barker - Bill Singer - Craig Skok - Tommy Boggs - Stan Perzanowski - Mike Bacsik

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this picture and list on an Arlington Stadium page I have just started to follow on Facebook.

View attachment 299744
The 1976 Texas Rangers

On the 1rst row between the batboys:
Juan Beniquez - Greg Pryor - Danny Thompson - Dave Moates - Lenny Randle

2nd row: Nelson Briles - Fritz Peterson - Joe Hoerner - Jackie Moore - Frank Lucchesi - Pat Corrales - Jim Sundberg - Mike Hargrove - Toby Harrah

3rd row: Bill Zeigler - Jim Fregosi - Bert Blyleven - Dick Gernert - Sid Hudson - Jeff Burroughs - Tom Grieve - Bill Fahey - Steve Foucault

4th row: Gene Clines - Jeff Terpko - Gaylord Perry - Jim Umbarger - Steve Barr - Steve Hargan - Roy Howell - Joe Macko

Not pictured but also on the '76 team:
Roy Smalley - Joe Lahoud - Mike Cubbage - John Ellis - Ken Pape - Doug Ault - Len Barker - Bill Singer - Craig Skok - Tommy Boggs - Stan Perzanowski - Mike Bacsik
Used to bat boy and shag flies for Bacsik. Saw his stuff in high school along with Steve Macko. Great combo

Reactions: DTC

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree but most of us have never thought about contending just playing good baseball
Of course but bringing guys up before they are ready is what I was refering to. Bringing AA guys as some suggested is a bad idea. We are not going anywhere so leave guys where they are till they are ready.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texas Rangers activated Mitch Garver from the COVID list, activated Josh Smith from the 10 day injury list, and purchased the contract of catcher Meibrys Viloria from AAA Round Rock. To make room on the 40 man roster for Viloria, the Rangers moved Eli White from the 10 day injured list to the 60 day injured list. To make room on the active roster, the Rangers optioned Sam Huff and Zach Reks to AAA Round Rock. There was already an open active roster spot due to Jesus Tinoco being returned to Round Rock on Sunday

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No Duran in lineup