• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers back home to face a tough opponent: ATL @ TEX 5/15-17

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm back after a long absence.
i figure that they return Seager to the active roster today or tomorrow and that he will be at DH or Shortstop for the first couple of weeks rotating with Duran. after that we will see. someone will have to go down and the logical one is Huff although i'd rather they release Miller.
degrom probably back around the 24th or 25th so that's another roster spot to clear so either Barlow or Hernandez
Garver back around the 1st week of June so that's another roster spot to open. id Huff goes down for Seager and the Rangers won't DFA Miller the only one left would be Smith to get him playing time at AAA

Huff definitely shouldn't be here.

Also, don't forget about Jankowski coming back at some point. He probably replaces Bubba. I don't think Garver can physically handle C anymore, so I prefer he replaces Miller over Leon.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, don't forget about Jankowski coming back at some point. He probably replaces Bubba. I don't think Garver can physically handle C anymore, so I prefer he replaces Miller over Leon.
had forgotten about Jankowski so yes i agree with sending Bubba down. Garver will never be anything but a DH with him being a once-in-a-while 1B or emergency catcher.

unfortunately we are going to have to recognize that some players are not going to get the playing time they deserve.

we'll be seeing a lineup that could make a lot of people unhappy:

1. Semien 2B
2. Seager SS/DH
3. Lowe 1B
4. Garcia RF/CF
5, Jung 3B
6. Heim C
7. Grossman LF/RF
8. Duran DH/SS
9. Taveras or CF
Jankowski LF
Bench:
Leon C
Jankowski OF or Taveras
Garver DH/1B/C
Miller(don't think they will DFA him)

but the guys on the bench won't get a lot of playing time

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me, if Garver can't be a backup catcher there isn't room for him on the roster. There is no room on the roster for a backup DH.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, if Garver can't be a backup catcher there isn't room for him on the roster. There is no room on the roster for a backup DH.
well you could be right but it's probably going to be Miller or Garver on the roster. which would you want?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well you could be right but it's probably going to be Miller or Garver on the roster. which would you want?
Miller can backup at a few different places so I would take him of the two if one has to stay. Having only 4 bench players makes versatility a must. One of those being the backup catcher means you only have 3 guys to cover the other 7 positions.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is good just to be able to run

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller can backup at a few different places so I would take him of the two if one has to stay. Having only 4 bench players makes versatility a must. One of those being the backup catcher means you only have 3 guys to cover the other 7 positions.
personally i would lean toward Garver but neither is worth keeping. Miller can't hit worth a damn and is a waste, yes he can play the outfield but we've got Garcia, Taveras, Grossman, Jankowski and several others (Duran, Smith, etc that are better there). he can play several infield positions but not very good and we have better options just Duran & Smith). Garver can handle 1B better and can give Lowe the occasional day off) and he can serve as the emergency catcher on a day by day basis.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garver can handle 1B better and can give Lowe the occasional day off)
Garver is an emergency 1B at best though. He has only started one game at 1B since 2018 and only 5 in his career.

The way it looks, a bench player who can play 1B would be a great trade acquisition in a few weeks.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garver is an emergency 1B at best though. He has only started one game at 1B since 2018 and only 5 in his career.

The way it looks, a bench player who can play 1B would be a great trade acquisition in a few weeks.
bullseye. but until then Garver makes more sense than Miller.

we can survive Better without them than with them

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In ST it was mentioned that both Duran and Smith were going to learn to play 1B. I wonder if that is still a possibility.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In ST it was mentioned that both Duran and Smith were going to learn to play 1B. I wonder if that is still a possibility.
they could but wouldn't that better at AAA than here. think Smith will be sent down sooner than later with spots necessary for Seager, Garver and Jankowski within the next week or so. we can DFA Miller without worry, i doubt the Rangers would also do Garver until we see if he's tradeable.
so Huff and Smith are the easy moves in 2 of those cases and maybe Thompson even though i would like to se more of him before we decide that.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I suppose best case scenario is have Garver as the backup C and then replace him with Leon when he gets hurt again.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose best case scenario is have Garver as the backup C and then replace him with Leon when he gets hurt again.
yes but if he gets hurt again how long would it take to get Leon up again and isn't there a chance that Leon being a vet might opt out and then what

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wish they would tell us if Seager has been activated and who got sent down.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leiter goes tonight.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm back after a long absence.
i figure that they return Seager to the active roster today or tomorrow and that he will be at DH or Shortstop for the first couple of weeks rotating with Duran. after that we will see. someone will have to go down and the logical one is Huff although i'd rather they release Miller.
degrom probably back around the 24th or 25th so that's another roster spot to clear so either Barlow or Hernandez
Garver back around the 1st week of June so that's another roster spot to open. id Huff goes down for Seager and the Rangers won't DFA Miller the only one left would be Smith to get him playing time at AAA
Good to have you back.