• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers and Orioles Battle in the ALCS in a Best of Five Matchup October 7-13

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In game 2 when Baltimore jumped on us with 2 runs they were just fired up. But the offense just gave us the momentum up. Turning into a dangerous lineup again.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bats are hot, pitching is coming together and that is what we need to beat Astros.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That celebration is hilarious!

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bats are hot, pitching is coming together and that is what we need to beat Astros.
I’m still holding out hope the Twins stage a comeback. It probably won’t happen, but it’s what the entire country outside of Houston wants. Minnesota actually gave us trouble in the regular season, so playing them wouldn’t be a picnic. But I’d rather face a good team playing the right way than face a team of unrepentant cheating scumbags.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen that sign of Bochy. Loved it.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still holding out hope the Twins stage a comeback. It probably won’t happen, but it’s what the entire country outside of Houston wants. Minnesota actually gave us trouble in the regular season, so playing them wouldn’t be a picnic. But I’d rather face a good team playing the right way than face a team of unrepentant cheating scumbags.
I am with you on that 100%

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just get to a game 5. Verlander would have to pitch and then wouldn't be available in games 1 or 2.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also we can't underestimate Lowe's fielding of the groundball and underhand toss to Leclerc with the bases loaded in the 8th. That was a tricky hop and some guys would blow that.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also we can't underestimate Lowe's fielding of the groundball and underhand toss to Leclerc with the bases loaded in the 8th. That was a tricky hop and some guys would blow that.
Lowe had a well deserved good game tonight. That AB fouling off 16 pitches was just a real achievement

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for nothing we actually counted it up the other day, and there's only 4 guys left from 2017, Altuve, Bregman, Verlander, and McCullers

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for nothing we actually counted it up the other day, and there's only 4 guys left from 2017, Altuve, Bregman, Verlander, and McCullers
Those first two fit the bill. LOL!

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crane still owns the team. He turned a blind eye to it all and even had the nerve to go on the offensive. And Altuve and Bregman were two of the biggest offenders. Altuve in particular with his covering up of the electronic device as he rounded 3rd was just beyond sickening.

Their low-class fans had ZERO problem with them cheating. Even bragged about it. If the Rangers were to win a title and then it were uncovered they cheated badly to win it, I would consider it illegitimate.

And don’t even get me started on the Roberto Osuna-Brandon Taubman incident that same year that Crane didn’t seem to care much about. Domestic violence was just a huge joke to them.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are Monty and Eovaldi your game 1 and 2 starters?
I would think so. It will be on the road and I think they can hold up to the pressure. If we had a healthy Scherzer that would change things but to expect much from him with his situation would be doubtful and I might save him for a piggy back game in Arlington. I can't remember but it seems that Martin Perez would pitch well in Houston but he hasn't pitched much so I am not sure he would be up to snuff. The question right now is who between Monty and Eovaldi do we think is pitching the best and would we want to start 3 games if it went 7. Has Eovaldi put himself back as #1?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think so. It will be on the road and I think they can hold up to the pressure. If we had a healthy Scherzer that would change things but to expect much from him with his situation would be doubtful and I might save him for a piggy back game in Arlington. I can't remember but it seems that Martin Perez would pitch well in Houston but he hasn't pitched much so I am not sure he would be up to snuff. The question right now is who between Monty and Eovaldi do we think is pitching the best and would we want to start 3 games if it went 7. Has Eovaldi put himself back as #1?
I think Eovaldi has pitched well enough to be #1. He certainly appeared that way tonight.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations, to the Rangers!!!

Also, congratulations to all of us on this board. Most of us has followed this team closely on here through thick and thin. We haven't enjoyed anything like this in a long time. If I am not mistaken, I think those of us who came over from the ESPN boards came over after our last playoff series victory. So, all of this is new to a lot of us while on this board.