• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers and Orioles Battle in the ALCS in a Best of Five Matchup October 7-13

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Monty game 1 and Eovaldi game 2

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations, to the Rangers!!!

Also, congratulations to all of us on this board. Most of us has followed this team closely on here through thick and thin. We haven't enjoyed anything like this in a long time. If I am not mistaken, I think those of us who came over from the ESPN boards came over after our last playoff series victory. So, all of this is new to a lot of us while on this board.
Yea, the last 2 years was tough.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, he has.
He pitched well in Tampa Bay and tonight. We were not sure what we were going to get in Tampa Bay because he just had not been himself up to that point. But everything seemed to come together for him in the playoffs and he seems to have his confidence back.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told Chuck Morgan when I met him back on Valentine's Day that it was going to be a great season. Lol

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the last 2 years was tough.
You could see our window of opportunity closing at the end of 2011 and into 2012. We were going to lose some guys either through free agency or retirement and we had wiped our farm system out. If we did not win then it was going to be a while. I think it took a while though for management to admit that fact and just start rebooting. Once they started concentrating on rebuilding the farm system and getting high draft picks because of being bottom dwellers we would eventually start rising back to the top. It came a little earlier than I expected until they went crazy last year picking up Seager and Semien. Most of us were thinking what in the world are they doing. Then they let it be known they meant business with deGrom, Eovaldi, Ordozzi and even Heaney. Our #5 starter was Heaney which when you think about it is pretty amazing for a #5 starter. They hire Bochy and Maddux (who I have been rough on). Then young guys contributed like Jung, Taveras, Duran, Heim (not really young but to us he is) and then you throw in the veterans. The BP was our biggest issue and our injuries. If they keep the pedal on the metal look out especially when you think of some of the guys we still have like in Langford and Ortiz. And for me personally, I like Adolis. Sure, he can swing at garbage. But he plays a good RF with a really great arm and knocks in runs. Carter, Langford and Garcia looks really good in the OF and we should have a strong bench. Just get the pitching in order.

Our window is now open again!

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Evan Grant:

It has been the theme of this entire season — adding pitchers — and the Rangers might add two for the AL Championship Series.

Perhaps you’ve heard of them: Max Scherzer and Jon Gray.

The Rangers may have partied on Tuesday night after finishing off Baltimore in the AL Division Series with a 7-1 win, but Scherzer will be back at work on Wednesday. He plans to throw a simulated game in anticipation of trying to be ready for activation for the AL Championship Series.

“Everything felt ‘normal’ normal today,” Scherzer said after running the bases with his children postgame. “This was best-case scenario. I can come out here [Wednesday], throw a simulated game in a controlled environment and build up more arm strength.”

When asked if he was optimistic he could be ready for the ALCS, Scherzer indicated he felt stronger than just optimistic. Scherzer, who has a pair of Cy Young awards to his name, has been out with a strained teres major muscle behind his right shoulder since Sept. 12. It is typically an injury that takes eight to 12 weeks for recovery, but he has made remarkable progress. He threw a live batting practice session on Friday ahead of the start of the ALDS, but the Rangers opted to leave him off the roster.

Gray has also been making progress from the wrist injury he suffered in the final week of the season. He had not yet gotten back on a mound, but could do that during the Rangers’ time off before the ALCS starts Sunday. He has not missed as much time as Scherzer.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could see our window of opportunity closing at the end of 2011 and into 2012. We were going to lose some guys either through free agency or retirement and we had wiped our farm system out. If we did not win then it was going to be a while. I think it took a while though for management to admit that fact and just start rebooting. Once they started concentrating on rebuilding the farm system and getting high draft picks because of being bottom dwellers we would eventually start rising back to the top. It came a little earlier than I expected until they went crazy last year picking up Seager and Semien. Most of us were thinking what in the world are they doing. Then they let it be known they meant business with deGrom, Eovaldi, Ordozzi and even Heaney. Our #5 starter was Heaney which when you think about it is pretty amazing for a #5 starter. They hire Bochy and Maddux (who I have been rough on). Then young guys contributed like Jung, Taveras, Duran, Heim (not really young but to us he is) and then you throw in the veterans. The BP was our biggest issue and our injuries. If they keep the pedal on the metal look out especially when you think of some of the guys we still have like in Langford and Ortiz. And for me personally, I like Adolis. Sure, he can swing at garbage. But he plays a good RF with a really great arm and knocks in runs. Carter, Langford and Garcia looks really good in the OF and we should have a strong bench. Just get the pitching in order.

Our window is now open again!
I remember Jon Daniels didn’t want anything to do with a rebuild.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Jon Daniels didn’t want anything to do with a rebuild.
I remember that too and many of us on this board complained about it. It just delayed the inevitable.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are rolling, congrats… Now prepare for Houston because that’s who you’re most likely playing … They’re looking at there 7th straight ALCS if they get in, which I would put money on that they will …

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o,s were outdone at everything in this series by the rangers after a great season.good luck to texas moving forward.rather see them win it before houston any day.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o,s were outdone at everything in this series by the rangers after a great season.good luck to texas moving forward.rather see them win it before houston any day.
Appreciate that. If I was to root for anyone other than the Rangers to win a World Series it would be the O's. They had a great year and their window of opportunity has opened as well.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are rolling, congrats… Now prepare for Houston because that’s who you’re most likely playing … They’re looking at there 7th straight ALCS if they get in, which I would put money on that they will …
7th straight ALCS. Puke. Nobody outside Houston wants to see that team at this point of the playoffs. Cheating asshats shouldn’t be anywhere near the trophies.