• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some more random notes after concluding what was mostly a quite successful week:

*7 games in the next 7 days against two of the toughest teams in the AL. That would be the majors best record Rays and offense-loaded Astros. It doesn't get much tougher and more exciting than this.
*And while we're playing possibly the roughest 7 game stretch of the season, the Indians get 7 straight against the likes of Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Glad we built up a bit of a lead on them, it might come in handy.
*Kirk Gibson was a great player and fiery competitor in his day. But he might just be the most boring and lifeless color commentator in all of baseball. What a snoozer of a delivery to his cadence.
*I remain in reverse awe of the Twins play this year. 15 games out and the 2nd worst team at allowing the opposition to cross the plate - only the Diamondbacks are worse. What has happened to this ballclub???
*Speaking of unexpected surprises, whuda thunk the Yanks, with that murderers row of a lineup, would be 14th in the AL in runs scored at this stage.
*Here's to hoping that Pito is breaking out of his slump. Nice ABs today, let's keep up the mojo - we'll need it this week.
*I've really been admiring the next-man-up approach the Sox have taken to help offset all the injuries and keep them atop the standings in the Central and 2nd only to the Rays in the bigs. But can they keep this up?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love competition against the best teams - it will let us know what these White Sox are made of. Home games -hopefully full stadium for this series.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oooooo! "reverse awe"! i'm going to have to make that mine.
LOL, I didn't know how to phrase it. It's like I'm in awe of how terrible they've been this season, but somehow those two thoughts don't seem to go together.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love competition against the best teams - it will let us know what these White Sox are made of. Home games -hopefully full stadium for this series.
we know what they're made of, a patchwork of cobbled string and sealing wax.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not sure if I'm going to take the fam to see the Sox in August vs. the Rays...I'm considering it though. Both wife and I are vaxxed now, but the kids aren't. Couldn't buy tickets now if I wanted to...so that makes pushing off the decision easy.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not sure if I'm going to take the fam to see the Sox in August vs. the Rays...I'm considering it though. Both wife and I are vaxxed now, but the kids aren't. Couldn't buy tickets now if I wanted to...so that makes pushing off the decision easy.
I'm gonna be in Chitown this September (the trip will be centered around my HS reunion). The dates aren't completely firmed yet, but I hope to catch at least one Sox game. My window of opportunity tho will be limited, as the approximate dates we'll be in the area is when the Sox are at home for two series, the Red Sox & Angels, from 9/10 thru 9/16, somewhere in that timeframe. If I can catch at least one game, that would be heaven.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of FL are you in?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One bit of good news in the injury front. Jimenez has been cleared to resume baseball activities. He's likely still a minimum of a month away from joining the roster, but there's at least some light at the end of the tunnel.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One bit of good news in the injury front. Jimenez has been cleared to resume baseball activities. He's likely still a minimum of a month away from joining the roster, but there's at least some light at the end of the tunnel.
I had thought he was completely done for the year so that's good. If the pitching can keep us in the mix until he and Robert come back we got a nice boost coming

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had thought he was completely done for the year so that's good. If the pitching can keep us in the mix until he and Robert come back we got a nice boost coming
I know, that was very encouraging to learn. I do believe tho that we'll be fortunate if it takes more like 6 weeks or longer for him to be back on the roster. A month just seems way too short. But ANY definite return is like you said a nice boost.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it too early to suggest - we may be headed towards a Sox / Cubs World Series?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna be in Chitown this September (the trip will be centered around my HS reunion). The dates aren't completely firmed yet, but I hope to catch at least one Sox game. My window of opportunity tho will be limited, as the approximate dates we'll be in the area is when the Sox are at home for two series, the Red Sox & Angels, from 9/10 thru 9/16, somewhere in that timeframe. If I can catch at least one game, that would be heaven.

It makes me sad that my only possible Sox game in the next year or so will not have Churros. MAKE SURE YOU GET CHURROS.

I may have to belligerent if I go to a game at the Trop about how much the venue sucks because no churros. Usher: "Dude this guy in section XXX just keeps going on and on about churros and OBP being a dumb as sh*t stat when trying to explain .150 batting averages...WHAT DO?!?"

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes me sad that my only possible Sox game in the next year or so will not have Churros. MAKE SURE YOU GET CHURROS.

I may have to belligerent if I go to a game at the Trop about how much the venue sucks because no churros. Usher: "Dude this guy in section XXX just keeps going on and on about churros and OBP being a dumb as sh*t stat when trying to explain .150 batting averages...WHAT DO?!?"
Trying to convince the wife to go to a game in august!