• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't complain about the record but he still worries me. he averages less than 6 innings a game (last 5 anyway) and that leaves us depending on a shaky relief staff a lot. we have also scored 41 runs in those 5 games. how long do you think tat will go on?
It's why I hedged my opinion with the phrase 'to a certain degree'. Not saying I feel as comfortable with him taking the mound like I am with Lynn. But he's definitely pitching better than he was earlier in the season.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's why I hedged my opinion with the phrase 'to a certain degree'. Not saying I feel as comfortable with him taking the mound like I am with Lynn. But he's definitely pitching better than he was earlier in the season.
oh i agree. the numbers are respectable. i was concerned he might be finished!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - I'm hoping that 5 and 6 inning starts now - become 7 and 8 innings starts later in the season. I've never pitched a full major league season, but from what I've read baseball people are concerned about pitchers who only pitched in 60 games last year coming back to a 162 game schedule.

In the rosey view - what LaRu is doing is finding out which relievers he can trust in which situations for the season finish and playoffs.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't complain about the record but he still worries me. he averages less than 6 innings a game (last 5 anyway) and that leaves us depending on a shaky relief staff a lot. we have also scored 41 runs in those 5 games. how long do you think tat will go on?
This is my shocked face

:rolleyes2:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an updated projection of picks from CBS Sports for the draft, commencing on 7/11:

In case you don't feel like reading the entire article, here's the predicted Sox pick:

Pick: RHP Chase Petty, Mainland HS (New Jersey) ($3,027,000 slot value)

The White Sox march to the beat of their own drum on draft day and it's served them well. They'll take chances on undersized hitters (Nick Madrigal) or pitchers with funky deliveries (Garrett Crochet, Chris Sale, etc.). Petty fits into the latter category. He's the hardest throwing high school pitcher in the draft class -- he regularly touched 101 mph this spring -- and his slider and changeup are surprisingly advanced for a kid who hasn't needed them to dominate. It's an unconventional delivery and a lower arm slot, for sure, but the White Sox won't be scared away by that.

Dayum.......kid's in HS and already tossing 101mph? Sounds like he's the RH version of Sale with that low arm slot. Makes you wonder tho if that's not a future TJ surgery waiting to happen.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love riding this Sox wave, but with injuries they appear to be winning at a rate above talent expectation. They may cool off from this level of intensity, but for now - everyday is a hunt for the next improbable guy who will jump up with a major game contribution.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love riding this Sox wave, but with injuries they appear to be winning at a rate above talent expectation. They may cool off from this level of intensity, but for now - everyday is a hunt for the next improbable guy who will jump up with a major game contribution.
I believe this team is practicing the art of the 'next man up' mentality. The rotation continues to be the heart of it all, with just the right amount of sprinkling in various accomplishments from the offense, defense, and pen. Don't know how long this will last - hopefully at some point late in the season we might get either Eloy or Robert back. That would be a HUGE boost if this can happen, altho I'm not counting on it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe this team is practicing the art of the 'next man up' mentality. The rotation continues to be the heart of it all, with just the right amount of sprinkling in various accomplishments from the offense, defense, and pen. Don't know how long this will last - hopefully at some point late in the season we might get either Eloy or Robert back. That would be a HUGE boost if this can happen, altho I'm not counting on it.
I thought one of the posters here said Eloy is unlikely this year but Robert probably does come back by late July or so...?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought one of the posters here said Eloy is unlikely this year but Robert probably does come back by late July or so...?
I'm too lazy to look for it now, but I believe in one of Hahn's recent pressers he said both players were progressing faster than anticipated. Again, I'm not counting on either one being available this year, but they're both young and young players tend to heal faster, so you never know. But young or not, I'm giving Madrigal's chances of playing any more in 2021 at 0%.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm mystified by vaughn's lack of production. i know he'll get over this but it's disappointing to see his ab's amount to nothing. now hitting .224. he should have been way past this by now.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm mystified by vaughn's lack of production. i know he'll get over this but it's disappointing to see his ab's amount to nothing. now hitting .224. he should have been way past this by now.
Yep, spot on. The way Rodon is pitching today, if Vaughn had come thru the last inning with the bases loaded, it would have been lights out for this game. Even a single would have driven in two runs.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, I'm checking out the beating that the Jays are administering to the Red Sox. I look at that loaded lineup of theirs and wonder how going into today's game are they only two games over .500

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two teams with the best records in the majors square off against one another starting tomorrow. And the opener is a doozy - Lynn vs Glasnow!! The only pisser for me is I won't be able to catch the other two games live. But at least I'll catch tomorrow's battle.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One glaring stat that doesn't work in our favor. The Sox are 13-17 against teams above .500, whereas the Rays are 26-16. Of course they still have to play the games, so in one sense that's meaningless, but I was surprised over this disparity.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One glaring stat that doesn't work in our favor. The Sox are 13-17 against teams above .500, whereas the Rays are 26-16. Of course they still have to play the games, so in one sense that's meaningless, but I was surprised over this disparity.
And not to look ahead, but to look ahead.......the opponent after the Rays are the 'Stros, and their record against winning teams is 27-16. Suffice to say, the Good Guys have their work cut out for them the next seven days.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to brush us up on what turned out to be the biggest offseason transaction for the Sox, the Lynn-Dunning trade, here's an update:

Dunning: 2-5, 4.57 ERA
Lynn: 7-1, 1.23 ERA

No doubt the long term advantage will eventually go to the Rangers, and that advantage will accelerate if Lynn walks after this season. That's usually the result of these types of trades. But for the short term it's night and day advantage White Sox. Does anyone here regret for even a moment that we made this trade?