• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Our fans are probably the most knowledgeable fans in baseball. Much more knowledgeable than the fans of some other teams in the other league,” Reinsdork said.

uhhhhh. yeah. sure!

is there an owner who doesn't say this?
Actually, a few years ago there was some evaluation or poll taken amongst critics, writers, etc, who determined that the Sox fans were the most knowledgeable in the game. Have to admit I was a bit surprised, but hardly shocked. Sox fans are indeed well versed in all that is MLB.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way to prove it but i seriously doubt that's true.
You must have never been to Wriggly - where people go to be seen instead of enjoying baseball. I've seen enough to make the call.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have never been to Wriggly - where people go to be seen instead of enjoying baseball. I've seen enough to make the call.
this is the equivalent of a racist point of view. baseball fans everywhere are made up of people. the idea that the collective fans of one team are somehow better that the collective fans of another team is complete and utter bullshit. i'm quite sure there are asshole fans in every baseball stadium in the country. i'm also sure there are many cub fans every bit as knowledgeable as white sox fans.
why do fans do this? i've seen this same attitude with fans wherever i've lived (and that's a lot of places).

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, a few years ago there was some evaluation or poll taken amongst critics, writers, etc, who determined that the Sox fans were the most knowledgeable in the game. Have to admit I was a bit surprised, but hardly shocked. Sox fans are indeed well versed in all that is MLB.
oh! a poll! writers and critics! wow!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF else does one go by? Want a scientific study performed or something?
holy crap lsd. it's common sense! do you really think there's no cub fans like you? someone who really gets into the nuts and bolts of their team. fucking polls are as worth as the paper they're printed on. what does a writer know about fans of all teams? worse ... what do critics know about fans of all teams?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy crap lsd. it's common sense! do you really think there's no cub fans like you? someone who really gets into the nuts and bolts of their team. fucking polls are as worth as the paper they're printed on. what does a writer know about fans of all teams? worse ... what do critics know about fans of all teams?
Whoa, where on earth did a Cubs fan comparison come into the equation? I never up brought them or any other specific sports fan. I only referenced an article containing some poll or questionnaire citing some opinions from those in the sports profession citing that they had the Sox as the smartest fans. I believe the article was in one of the local sports rags, but it's a bit far back to recall. And where on earth did I state that ALL Sox fans are smarter than ALL other sports fans?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the equivalent of a racist point of view. baseball fans everywhere are made up of people. the idea that the collective fans of one team are somehow better that the collective fans of another team is complete and utter bullshit. i'm quite sure there are asshole fans in every baseball stadium in the country. i'm also sure there are many cub fans every bit as knowledgeable as white sox fans.
why do fans do this? i've seen this same attitude with fans wherever i've lived (and that's a lot of places).
You are correct that every fan base has its assholes Self knowledge is an important first step in recovery.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, where on earth did a Cubs fan comparison come into the equation? I never up brought them or any other specific sports fan. I only referenced an article containing some poll or questionnaire citing some opinions from those in the sports profession citing that they had the Sox as the smartest fans. I believe the article was in one of the local sports rags, but it's a bit far back to recall. And where on earth did I state that ALL Sox fans are smarter than ALL other sports fans?
really? 'cub fans' came in as a comparison. where did you state sox fans are smarter? ummm when you said " Sox fans were the most knowledgeable in the game". or were you really saying you didn't agree with the article? i get that you didn't write it. but you weren't surprised ... suggesting you agreed with the 'findings'.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cheap shot mingo. why not just admit i'm right?
No, associating me with racists was an asshole move and a cheap shot on your part. You deserve your reputation.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, associating me with racists was an asshole move and a cheap shot on your part. You deserve your reputation.
the equivalency is obvious and i don't know why it would upset you. we're talking about a comment, not your lifestyle. you just never thought of it that way. if you stopped and thought about it you'd have to agree. a group that thinks it's better than other groups.

and do you really think i care about an online reputation? fact is i would have made the same comparison with anyone face to face. it wasn't an insult!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the equivalency is obvious and i don't know why it would upset you. we're talking about a comment, not your lifestyle. you just never thought of it that way. if you stopped and thought about it you'd have to agree. a group that thinks it's better than other groups.

and do you really think i care about an online reputation? fact is i would have made the same comparison with anyone face to face. it wasn't an insult!
You earn your reputation - no need to explain yourself. What do you care?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i explain because apparently you don't understand.

and odd you can't bring yourself to discuss.
I do understand. You're an asshole. What comes out of an asshole? There's not much to discuss with a person who has no self awareness.