• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to take a deep breath and stick to my guns on Kimbrel. So long as he pitches well in the playoffs, we got what we asked for (whether we agree with the vets for rooks/prospects trading fundamentally or not). He looks unimpressive out there, but some guys might be gamers when their feet are put to the fire. We'll see. *fingers crossed*

There's so many chinks in the armor for our pitching right now. I mean, the lineup has exploded with Grandal and Robert just bringing us up 3 notches since their returns. Definitely looks World Series quality. Keuchel falling off hard is really screwing us. So weird...A couple months ago I thought we'd be going 4 man...now we're clinging for a 3 with Rodon's potential injury. Baseball gods truly hate us.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to take a deep breath and stick to my guns on Kimbrel. So long as he pitches well in the playoffs, we got what we asked for (whether we agree with the vets for rooks/prospects trading fundamentally or not). He looks unimpressive out there, but some guys might be gamers when their feet are put to the fire. We'll see. *fingers crossed*

There's so many chinks in the armor for our pitching right now. I mean, the lineup has exploded with Grandal and Robert just bringing us up 3 notches since their returns. Definitely looks World Series quality. Keuchel falling off hard is really screwing us. So weird...A couple months ago I thought we'd be going 4 man...now we're clinging for a 3 with Rodon's potential injury. Baseball gods truly hate us.
I don't know what to think about Kimbrel at this point. All I know, is that it's getting very old.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to think about Kimbrel at this point. All I know, is that it's getting very old.

cd3fe7c39adc40d12c8913b72da79ed1.gif

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Sox! That's all....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My last nite on the road before heading home. Sad to see the Sox lost another to the Tigs. Gotta get our ship in order. Still have the faith tho!!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is going to be the day boys. Two shots at it. :)

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like a good day for it.

If they win game 1, I hope LaRussa is doing beer shoots out of his cleats in-between and they're all just roaring f*cking drunk out there for game 2. Stephen A Smith would probably do segment about how we're a "disgrace to the game"....which would make me love them more.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the Sox sober up after clinching and buckle down to getting ready for the playoffs and handing the Astros another disappointment they can cry about. Still @Jiddy's version has a lot of appeal for me as well.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the Sox sober up after clinching and buckle down to getting ready for the playoffs and handing the Astros another disappointment they can cry about. Still @Jiddy's version has a lot of appeal for me as well.

Yeah...It looks like it's us and the Astros for sure. Tampa just is consistent as all hell. I just can't believe they are that dominant in the East...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...It looks like it's us and the Astros for sure. Tampa just is consistent as all hell. I just can't believe they are that dominant in the East...
I'm not afraid of the Bay Rays in the ALCS, but I think it will likely be one of the wild card teams that will make it to the ALCS.

Speaking of losing Astro fans - it is that moment when the liquid wells up in the young Astro fan's eye - like right before it flows down the cheek - that I like the most when they lose.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not afraid of the Bay Rays in the ALCS, but I think it will likely be one of the wild card teams that will make it to the ALCS.

Speaking of losing Astro fans - it is that moment when the liquid wells up in the young Astro fan's eye - like right before it flows down the cheek - that I like the most when they lose.

Toronto is vastly underachieving. Boston just got f*cking Super Saiyan Chris Sale back and he's been killing it...Yanks might be in trouble. Who woulda thunkit a few weeks ago?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto is vastly underachieving. Boston just got f*cking Super Saiyan Chris Sale back and he's been killing it...Yanks might be in trouble. Who woulda thunkit a few weeks ago?
Based on preseason expectations, the biggest underachievers by far have been the Twins and the Padres. Both clubs were predicted by just about everyone to make the postseason, with many having them even taking their respective divisions. The Twinkies have long been out of any playoff race and it's looking more and more like the Pads are going to fail as well. I had the Blue Jays pegged as one of the WC clubs, but it's not as if they're gagging. They're only a half game out of the 2nd WC spot, so they are in the thick of it all.

My hat's off to the surprising Giants, Red Sox, and Rays. The Giants and Rays are already in, and the Red Sox, while they still can lose out, have nonetheless impressed just about all of the critics who felt they were at best in a transition season. As for the Giants, whuda thunk. And the Rays continue to prove they have the best front office in the game, bar none.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame on me, I should have included the Mets as another major disappointment relative to preseason expectations. After all their offseason transactions, most predictions, including mine, had them at least making it as a WC. Big time flop and they deserve to be mentioned in the worst underachievers category.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for a few post-title clinching notes, mostly team related stats:

*Only three players have appeared in more than 120 games this year for the Good Guys: Abreu, Moncada, and **surprise** Vaughn. That's how beat up our roster has been this year.
*Pop quiz.....Abreu is the team leader in RBIs with 113. But who's second and with how many? If you said Grandal with 60, you win a free trip to your refrigerator. This despite only appearing in 86 games this season. Says a lot about Grandal, but it also says a lot about the rest of the team not named Abreu being able to drive home the runs.
*Is there a hotter hitter in baseball at the moment than Luis Robert?
*It's doubtful that anyone from the Sox will score 100 runs this year, but Anderson easily would have had he not spent so much time on the IL. He currently has crossed the plate 90 times.
*Interesting in that despite our starting staff being the true strength of our team, no pitcher will win even 14 games.
*Hendriks is neck-n-neck with the Angels Iglesias for the AL lead in saves. The Aussie is ahead by 1 with 34.
*Despite an up-n-down season, Cease has managed to rank 3rd in the AL in Ks with 212. Right behind him is Giolito in 4th with 192.
*Speaking of Ks, the Sox in fact stand a good chance of leading the AL in strikeouts when the 2021 campaign comes to a close. Only the Yankees, who are 21 Ks behind them, stand a chance of taking over.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Our fans are probably the most knowledgeable fans in baseball. Much more knowledgeable than the fans of some other teams in the other league,” Reinsdork said.

uhhhhh. yeah. sure!

is there an owner who doesn't say this?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Our fans are probably the most knowledgeable fans in baseball. Much more knowledgeable than the fans of some other teams in the other league,” Reinsdork said.

uhhhhh. yeah. sure!

is there an owner who doesn't say this?
To be fair - compared to Cubs fans - this is rock solid true.