• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders 2015/2016 season

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was also evident of a drop off on Manning's performance the second half of last season. Hard to tell if that was a result of the hip injury, age or a combination of both.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to explain cd, you did a pretty good job of that in one of those above post.. And on top of that, you can't discount PM playing in a NEW system that don't suit him at this stage in his career.. Its easy to see that Kubiak don't want to deal with him.. He wanted to start the Osweiler era!! But Elway is going ALL in for one more year, then he will blow the team up..

Thanks for the response. We shall see about the offense part of that. Essentially from what I understand Kubiak is combining a little of his offense with that of what the Broncos have been doing since Manning came to town. He will be under center more that is for sure but Manning has done that in the past and had success. All QB's in the NFL have to be able to play from under Center so I don't think it will be as drastic of a change as you have in your head.

Also just to let you know Kubiak when first hired with the Broncos one of his first calls was to Manning asking him to come back for another year so I don't think Kubiak wanted Manning gone at all.

Finally the blowing the team up idea...Not sure where you are getting that from. Defensively they only have one player starting that is over the age of 30 and that is Ware. In fact if I remember right they are one of the younger defenses in the league. Also on that side of the ball they have Harris, Ward, Talib, Roby, Williams, Marshall, and Stewart all signed beyond this next year. Elway has already said that Von Miller is the next player that they are looking to sign. That would mean defensively the Broncos after this year should be returning 8 of their 11 starters with a good chance they return at least one more of that group of 3 not signed. The 3 not signed are Trevathan, Jackson, and Wolfe. Again they should resign at least one of those guys. Also have to remember this is a group that finished in the top-5 in yards last year. So doesn't look like the defense is getting blown up.

On the offensive side of the ball they have 8 of the 11 starters for this next year signed (some of this depends on the OL competitions). They have Pro Bowl players at both WR positions and the RB position. They have an All-Pro player signed on the OL in Vasquez surrounded by about 3-4 draft picks from the last 2 drafts. So essentially on offense it boils down to who is going to play QB.

You have to remember the Broncos had the most pro bowl players in the league last year. They don't need to blow it up. They have plenty of talent right now beyond just Manning. Again it will depend on who is the Broncos next QB.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the response. We shall see about the offense part of that. Essentially from what I understand Kubiak is combining a little of his offense with that of what the Broncos have been doing since Manning came to town. He will be under center more that is for sure but Manning has done that in the past and had success. All QB's in the NFL have to be able to play from under Center so I don't think it will be as drastic of a change as you have in your head.

Also just to let you know Kubiak when first hired with the Broncos one of his first calls was to Manning asking him to come back for another year so I don't think Kubiak wanted Manning gone at all.

Finally the blowing the team up idea...Not sure where you are getting that from. Defensively they only have one player starting that is over the age of 30 and that is Ware. In fact if I remember right they are one of the younger defenses in the league. Also on that side of the ball they have Harris, Ward, Talib, Roby, Williams, Marshall, and Stewart all signed beyond this next year. Elway has already said that Von Miller is the next player that they are looking to sign. That would mean defensively the Broncos after this year should be returning 8 of their 11 starters with a good chance they return at least one more of that group of 3 not signed. The 3 not signed are Trevathan, Jackson, and Wolfe. Again they should resign at least one of those guys. Also have to remember this is a group that finished in the top-5 in yards last year. So doesn't look like the defense is getting blown up.

On the offensive side of the ball they have 8 of the 11 starters for this next year signed (some of this depends on the OL competitions). They have Pro Bowl players at both WR positions and the RB position. They have an All-Pro player signed on the OL in Vasquez surrounded by about 3-4 draft picks from the last 2 drafts. So essentially on offense it boils down to who is going to play QB.

You have to remember the Broncos had the most pro bowl players in the league last year. They don't need to blow it up. They have plenty of talent right now beyond just Manning. Again it will depend on who is the Broncos next QB.
cd, rumors were flying around not to long ago about PM.. Im sure you read them all?? Let me guess, there not true right?? Should of went with Osweiler, to see what you have.. And when you get rid of a player like PM next year and not have Luck sitting behind him, that's called blowing up a team!! Add in that some of those high priced Vets will get cut or traded as well, draft picks Busting etc.. Trying to buy a SB will get Ya!! I should know!!
And having PRO Bowl players means nothing if the QB is weak.. See KC before Smith, the Rams, Bills, Browns. etc.. I think Elway knows this and wanted to go with Osweiler to SEE if he's the guy for the FUTURE!! But out of respect and the Legend that PM is, he rolled the dice one more time.. Hey it might payoff?? One thing is for sure IMHO?? Next year you guys will not have the same team you guy's have enjoyed the last few years..
Its not easy finding a QB!! We have had what?? 20 starting QBs since Gannon, and Horrid season after season!!
That's why RaiderNation is super high on Carr!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in other Raider News?? Amari Cooper is the TOP rated rookie on Madden!! And Carr had a 2 day camp with his WRs!! Now that's what i want to hear!! Get those WRs on the same page working for the same goal..
Crabtree was there working hard!! Listening to what Carr has to say.. Man i think Crabtree is going to have a big year, no doubt the dude is a baller.. He wants to get paid, and the Raiders have plenty of money!! Show it, and you will get some!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, rumors were flying around not to long ago about PM.. Im sure you read them all?? Let me guess, there not true right?? Should of went with Osweiler, to see what you have.. And when you get rid of a player like PM next year and not have Luck sitting behind him, that's called blowing up a team!! Add in that some of those high priced Vets will get cut or traded as well, draft picks Busting etc.. Trying to buy a SB will get Ya!! I should know!!
And having PRO Bowl players means nothing if the QB is weak.. See KC before Smith, the Rams, Bills, Browns. etc.. I think Elway knows this and wanted to go with Osweiler to SEE if he's the guy for the FUTURE!! But out of respect and the Legend that PM is, he rolled the dice one more time.. Hey it might payoff?? One thing is for sure IMHO?? Next year you guys will not have the same team you guy's have enjoyed the last few years..
Its not easy finding a QB!! We have had what?? 20 starting QBs since Gannon, and Horrid season after season!!
That's why RaiderNation is super high on Carr!!

Yes I read all the gossip that was flying around during that time. Just like this past week I read about how the Broncos and Demayrius Thomas were really far apart in their negotiations and that no deal would get done and that he was going to sit out part of the season as a sign to the Broncos of him being unhappy. Yet when they interviewed DT he said they pretty much had the deal done a month ago but were just waiting to see how things played out.

With Manning Elway and Kubiak have both said over and over again that Manning has always been who they wanted for this season even before he decided he was coming back. The Broncos are the one team that knows what they have in Osweiler. I don't think him playing this year or not will be the deciding factor. Heck if he is as good as many of us Bronco fans hope then keeping him off the field for another year just means he is a bit cheaper to sign at the end of the year.

Also your definition of blowing up a team is honestly ridiculous. Changing one player doesn't blow the team up. Next year they will have probably close to the same coaching staff, about 18 of the 22 starters still the same if not more. I'm sorry but that is the opposite of blowing the team up. And while I understand that your team has suffered through some terrible QB's the Broncos have been pretty good at the position for quite some time. After Elway they went through a couple of guys before they settled on Plummer who lead the team to the AFC Championship game. There were a couple more after him to which we reached now Manning. I would say only maybe 5 teams in the league have had fewer QB's in the last 20 years since Elway retired. Part of that is we like to hire coaches that are good with QB's. They know how to coach them up so like I said most of us Bronco fans are excited to see what Osweiler has next year but will enjoy the possible final year of Manning and seeing what he has left to give.

Finally those high priced vets your speaking of. Unless they have a huge drop off this year I just don't see the Broncos cutting them. Ware is the only high priced vet over 30 at this point. He still produced at a very high level last year plus is going back to the system that made him a DPOY back not too long ago. Clady is the other but he has hardly played in the last 3 years anyway because of injury and the team made it to the Super Bowl without him so not seeing that as a huge loss especially after the Broncos used a 2nd round pick this year on his replacement.

Idaho I think this is just more of you hoping the Broncos really have this collapse. Just as a quick FYI since Bowlen took over as our Owner the Broncos have had the fewest losing seasons of any team in the league. In fact they have been to more Super Bowls than losing seasons in that time span. He knows how to hire smart football people to run the FO. Unlike another certain team that I know. It is why year in and year out the Broncos still remain competitive.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course DT is going going to say all is good, dude just got paid.. Cmon dude.. And it is better that Osweiler sits yet another year, cuz he would be cheaper?? That don't even make sense man.. Don't you think playing a young Vet that Osweiler now is is the way to go??
And yup, when you get rid of dude like PM and his backup is not good, that effects the whole team.. Then the rebuild starts..
And you don't know what i hope for!! But i will let ya know?? I HOPE all 4 teams in the AFC West are GOOD!! And its a bloodbath to the bitter end!! To become a CHAMPION you have to beat the best!! Im not the kind of dude that hopes your team sucks!! Or that your QB slumps or whatever!!
This is what i see?? A team that went ALL in with a Legendary QB on his last legs trying for ONE more shot at a SB!! With major change soon to come.. You see my team a few years away, just like i see your team on its last legs before change comes.. There's a Bolt fan on this thread that thinks the same thing?? You guys are taking a step back.. So its not only me.. But that don't mean, that i hope you guys suck!! Its just what we see.. You will argue for your team just like i do for mine, and that Bolt fan for his.. That's what we are suppose to do in the off season..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct we will argue for our teams and that is fine. Also with the step back idea all of that depends on draft picks. Just like you think your young draft picks are going to rise up and be great it is the same for my team as well. The Broncos take a step back if the draft picks don't live up to what they are supposed to be. If the Bronco draft picks do well then of course the team does well. Usually how it works. At this point because the Broncos have had so many great vets over the last few years at least last year's draft for sure didn't have to play much. Bradley Roby was the only guy that played at all really. So that leaves us still not knowing if Latimer can be an all-star, Schofield can take over the RT spot, or that Lamin Barrow can be a good player at the Linebacker position. Same with this draft in the Broncos will most likely be starting Ty Sambrailo at LT this year. We have no clue if he will perform as well or worse than Ryan Clady. Last year Clady finished as the 22nd best LT according to PFF. We don't know if Shane Ray will be huge for the defense as he rotates in with Ware and Miller. Most thought he was a top-10 pick until his arrest the week of the draft. So again predicting any team's downfall from the top is just about impossible to predict. I bet many expected that Green Bay would struggle some after Favre left yet then Rodgers stepped in and in reality they were better. Not saying the same thing will happen here in Denver but there is a reason the Broncos didn't use a high draft pick on a QB. They really like what they have in Osweiler which is why they don't need to see him play this year to know he can be our future.

As far as what DT said it is supported by media claims as well. There were plenty of media people saying that the Broncos last gave an offer to DT about a month ago and that both sides were ok with where things were but were wanting to wait and see how things developed with Dez Bryant. There were never any hurt feelings on either side as they knew something would get done. As for Osweiler sitting another year I just don't see the big deal. The Broncos have a HOF QB playing another year with a roster full of Pro Bowl players. That means they should be one of the top competitors for the Super Bowl...What team doesn't want to compete for the Super Bowl if they have the chance? With Manning it makes the Broncos pretty much a top-4 team in the league. You take that any time you can and give it a shot. Osweiler gets to learn another year especially the new system being put in by Kubiak. He then gets his shot to prove himself next year. He is still only what 24 years old? QB's now adays are playing well into their 30's especially those that are pocket passers. So that means if he is good he is still with the team another 10 years as the starting QB. Throw in like I said most likely what the Broncos can do is sign him to a cheaper prove it kind of contract just like Green Bay did with Rodgers. It is full of incentives that gives him a chance to make some good money yet doesn't completely handcuff the team with Salary Cap wise.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct we will argue for our teams and that is fine. Also with the step back idea all of that depends on draft picks. Just like you think your young draft picks are going to rise up and be great it is the same for my team as well. The Broncos take a step back if the draft picks don't live up to what they are supposed to be. If the Bronco draft picks do well then of course the team does well. Usually how it works. At this point because the Broncos have had so many great vets over the last few years at least last year's draft for sure didn't have to play much. Bradley Roby was the only guy that played at all really. So that leaves us still not knowing if Latimer can be an all-star, Schofield can take over the RT spot, or that Lamin Barrow can be a good player at the Linebacker position. Same with this draft in the Broncos will most likely be starting Ty Sambrailo at LT this year. We have no clue if he will perform as well or worse than Ryan Clady. Last year Clady finished as the 22nd best LT according to PFF. We don't know if Shane Ray will be huge for the defense as he rotates in with Ware and Miller. Most thought he was a top-10 pick until his arrest the week of the draft. So again predicting any team's downfall from the top is just about impossible to predict. I bet many expected that Green Bay would struggle some after Favre left yet then Rodgers stepped in and in reality they were better. Not saying the same thing will happen here in Denver but there is a reason the Broncos didn't use a high draft pick on a QB. They really like what they have in Osweiler which is why they don't need to see him play this year to know he can be our future.

As far as what DT said it is supported by media claims as well. There were plenty of media people saying that the Broncos last gave an offer to DT about a month ago and that both sides were ok with where things were but were wanting to wait and see how things developed with Dez Bryant. There were never any hurt feelings on either side as they knew something would get done. As for Osweiler sitting another year I just don't see the big deal. The Broncos have a HOF QB playing another year with a roster full of Pro Bowl players. That means they should be one of the top competitors for the Super Bowl...What team doesn't want to compete for the Super Bowl if they have the chance? With Manning it makes the Broncos pretty much a top-4 team in the league. You take that any time you can and give it a shot. Osweiler gets to learn another year especially the new system being put in by Kubiak. He then gets his shot to prove himself next year. He is still only what 24 years old? QB's now adays are playing well into their 30's especially those that are pocket passers. So that means if he is good he is still with the team another 10 years as the starting QB. Throw in like I said most likely what the Broncos can do is sign him to a cheaper prove it kind of contract just like Green Bay did with Rodgers. It is full of incentives that gives him a chance to make some good money yet doesn't completely handcuff the team with Salary Cap wise.
True never know till the draft picks play.. And i had Shane Ray pretty high.. But the key to your future will be Osweiler, and till he plays you don't know if he's good or bad.. It worked for AR and the Pack, so it does happen.. cd i don't think its fair to say that you guys have a TOP 4 team just cuz of PM, don't you?? The guy did look Pretty bad last year, on top of the OL shuffle you guys will have this year, as well as a NEW coaching staff that will put a system that PM is not use to playing at this stage in his career.. So to say a top 4 team is really not fair don't you think?? Now will you guys have a good team?? Good chance, but top 4?? That's a little Homer don't ya think?? You guys had alot of change this year.. Hey you said i see the Raiders through rose colored glass, maybe you are as well??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True never know till the draft picks play.. And i had Shane Ray pretty high.. But the key to your future will be Osweiler, and till he plays you don't know if he's good or bad.. It worked for AR and the Pack, so it does happen.. cd i don't think its fair to say that you guys have a TOP 4 team just cuz of PM, don't you?? The guy did look Pretty bad last year, on top of the OL shuffle you guys will have this year, as well as a NEW coaching staff that will put a system that PM is not use to playing at this stage in his career.. So to say a top 4 team is really not fair don't you think?? Now will you guys have a good team?? Good chance, but top 4?? That's a little Homer don't ya think?? You guys had alot of change this year.. Hey you said i see the Raiders through rose colored glass, maybe you are as well??

How am I am homeristic here when Vegas has us in the top-5, PFF has our roster in the top-5, NFL.com just did an article not too long ago about the top teams minus the QB position and the Broncos were I think 2nd or 3rd and again that is without the QB position. I've seen plenty of sites that have the Broncos ranked in the top-5. So again how am I being homeristic here unless all those sites and even Vegas are also Bronco Homers?

Yes some things have changed on the Broncos but they have also brought in coaches that have been apart of Super Bowl winning teams. I think most out there look at the Broncos and the changes they have made from a year ago with quite a bit of promise. Otherwise they wouldn't have them ranked like they do. The OL shuffle is a concern but the Broncos had a terrible OL last year so not sure they can play much worse than they did last year plus have brought in the guy that is considered the top OL guy in the business in Kubiak. Everywhere he has gone he has produced top-10 rushing teams. His system revolutionized how many teams in the league go about blocking. Heck they had to change the NFL rules because of how good the Broncos were blocking back in the late 90's with Kubiak. He just tweaked his system and still produced top rushing teams.

You are right Osweiler or whoever plays QB for the Broncos after Manning will be key. I do think that the best teams in the league though are showing that they are going back to the old way of doing things in that you don't start a rookie QB. You draft a couple of years earlier in the hopes of developing a QB. The Packers did it. The Patriots are doing it right now. The Saints just drafted a guy. I think teams are figuring out that all too often drafting a QB then expecting them to do great from day 1 is rare. Giving them a couple of years to develop though then send them out to play has had much more success.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas wins no matter what.. They sucker you in then take your cash.. Not everybody has you guys winning the west either.. Again you guys have a chance but not a lock.. Top 4 team in the league?? No way!! A chance to have a good team?? Yes!! But then again, so does everybody else eh?? That's whats sweet about the NFL?? Not everything is a lock..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas wins no matter what.. They sucker you in then take your cash.. Not everybody has you guys winning the west either.. Again you guys have a chance but not a lock.. Top 4 team in the league?? No way!! A chance to have a good team?? Yes!! But then again, so does everybody else eh?? That's whats sweet about the NFL?? Not everything is a lock..

Well like I said plenty of people have the Broncos in the top-4 or 5 teams in the league. You not having them there is just fine. We all have our opinions. The experts for the most part agree with me but that doesn't make it to be right.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well like I said plenty of people have the Broncos in the top-4 or 5 teams in the league. You not having them there is just fine. We all have our opinions. The experts for the most part agree with me but that doesn't make it to be right.
cd, all those same experts have Carr as the rising STAR!! The guy to make the jump, the Raiders as the improving team.. But you don't buy that, yet you want me to buy what you are selling?? What's up with that??
Im not saying your team is going to blow.. I said you guys have good chance to be a good team!! What more do you want to hear??
I see the AFC West being wide open man.. The Bolts have Rivers in his TRUE Prime, good coaching, just added Melvin Gordon for crying out loud, with a great draft overall according to the draft experts, you think they will be better than last year?? KC with a nasty D ADDED EVEN MORE D from the draft, got Maclin, and that beast TE they have to help Smith and JC, as well as one of the best coaching staff in football in Andy Reid, Sutton etc.. Then you have my YOUNG Raiders with MACK Attack and alot of help on that side of the ball!! Carr entering his 2nd year, drafting him Amari Cooper and loading up the O as a whole, with JDR, KNJ, Musgrave, and alot of proven coaches!! If any of these teams get HOT at the right time, the will WIN the West!! Nothing is a Lock..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, all those same experts have Carr as the rising STAR!! The guy to make the jump, the Raiders as the improving team.. But you don't buy that, yet you want me to buy what you are selling?? What's up with that??
Im not saying your team is going to blow.. I said you guys have good chance to be a good team!! What more do you want to hear??
I see the AFC West being wide open man.. The Bolts have Rivers in his TRUE Prime, good coaching, just added Melvin Gordon for crying out loud, with a great draft overall according to the draft experts, you think they will be better than last year?? KC with a nasty D ADDED EVEN MORE D from the draft, got Maclin, and that beast TE they have to help Smith and JC, as well as one of the best coaching staff in football in Andy Reid, Sutton etc.. Then you have my YOUNG Raiders with MACK Attack and alot of help on that side of the ball!! Carr entering his 2nd year, drafting him Amari Cooper and loading up the O as a whole, with JDR, KNJ, Musgrave, and alot of proven coaches!! If any of these teams get HOT at the right time, the will WIN the West!! Nothing is a Lock..

Where have I said that the other teams don't look good. The only team I have said I have major questions about is that of the Raiders. I have said and other Raider fans have agreed that they are still a year or two away from competing in the division. That at least to me is not an insult considering how far down they have been for years. They finally do have some young talent.

As for Carr I have heard mixed reviews on him. I have no clue what type of QB he will be. This will be a big year for him as he does have some weapons now. That was the excuse used a lot last year is that he had 0 weapons. I guess then what is the difference then of why Wilson is considered a top-10 QB with 0 weapons since he came to the Seahawks? I think the QB makes the player more than the player making the QB. It is why even when players switch around the top QB's still put up elite stats. Now Carr could surprise me and that is fine. I can understand your hope in him and he definitely had his shining moments at times last year. Consistency will be the biggest thing for him.

AS for the other teams...I see good and bad in them just like I can see good and bad in my own team. For KC they should still have a top-5 defense. Locking up Houston was huge for them and definitely whoever goes up against them better be ready for some big hits. Offensively though I think they have taken a step back. They lost their best OL player to you guys, didn't do much to replace him, and the big weapon in Maclin they added has his best strength in going deep being Alex Smith's worst part of his game. He refuses to throw deep so to me that eliminates Maclin's ability to help this team. Also Reid has not always been that great at featuring the WR position. He had this problem clear back in Philly as well so this isn't just an issue of the no touchdowns for the WR's in KC.

As for San Diego I do like the addition of Melvin Gordon. I think he wins rookie of the year to be honest. I hate saying that but the kid I think will be special. I also think San Diego added enough to the OL this off season that they should have a few holes for him to run through. They still are going to struggle to get after the QB. That has been the biggest weakness for them ever since their DC left to be HC for Carolina. They just can't seem to find anybody to get after the QB. They have a very good secondary but I think it will be negated by the lack of a pass rush.

Right now how I see the division finishing is...

Broncos 12-4
Kansas City 9-7
San Diego 9-7
Oakland 6-10

Obviously I don't see the division being as close as I am sure some of you. 12-4 is about where most people are betting though for the Broncos to finish. They have most of the tough games at home with New England, Green Bay, Cincinnati, and Baltimore all coming to Denver this year.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course cd that's how you see it.. Hey everything you have is better than everybody else after all.. So why no SBs in the PM era?? No excuses either.. WHY?? And of course you will pick Gordon for Oroy over Cooper!! Cmon cd that hate is peeking through man.. Its only a game..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course cd that's how you see it.. Hey everything you have is better than everybody else after all.. So why no SBs in the PM era?? No excuses either.. WHY?? And of course you will pick Gordon for Oroy over Cooper!! Cmon cd that hate is peeking through man.. Its only a game..

I think your Raider love is blinding you here. I pick a guy that many others have picked to be OROY and somehow I am a hater? That makes 0 sense Idaho. I'm just being honest which is what you are being here too. I'm sorry that I don't have quite the love for the Raiders and everything they have done as you do.

As for the Super Bowl comment...Winning a Super Bowl is tough. There are a lot of things that have to go your way in order for that to happen. They have been close as the 2012 season with Manning came down to the Ravens somehow having a Hail Mary play work. Without that good chance the Broncos make the Super Bowl. In 2013 they made the Super Bowl but it just wasn't their time. The Seahawks came to play and the Broncos didn't in that game. I put a lot of that on the coaching staff as the players commented as such saying they were not prepared for all that Seattle threw at them. This past year injuries especially to Manning, coaches interviewing and knowing they had other jobs. There are thousands of reasons every team doesn't win the Super Bowl every year. Again everything has to work out perfect usually for a team to win the Super Bowl. It is why a team like the Giants who snuck into the playoffs at 9-7 could then go and beat an undefeated Patriots team that nobody thought could be beat.

Also just so you know asking me why but then saying no excuses pretty much means I can't say anything because anything I say is an excuse. Essentially it boils down to the Broncos like 31 other teams failed at their ultimate goal for the season. Doesn't mean the Manning era has been a complete bust though as we do have 3 division titles with him (4 straight including the Tebow year), 1 AFC Championship win, and just about every offensive record in the books broken by the team. It has been a fun ride and I intend to enjoy the final year of Manning. It is bound to have a few fireworks along the way.

Also the idea of me picking the Broncos to win the division is very much supported by many. Heck even the ESPN writers for the other teams in the division picked the Broncos to win the division. NFL.com almost every one of their writers still picked the Broncos to win the division. There were a few as there are every year that picked differently but overwhelmingly most still think the Broncos are the class of the division. So again it is not just me being a homer but it is overall people looking at the team and seeing promise even beyond Manning that this team can still be successful even with an average Manning.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your Raider love is blinding you here. I pick a guy that many others have picked to be OROY and somehow I am a hater? That makes 0 sense Idaho. I'm just being honest which is what you are being here too. I'm sorry that I don't have quite the love for the Raiders and everything they have done as you do.

As for the Super Bowl comment...Winning a Super Bowl is tough. There are a lot of things that have to go your way in order for that to happen. They have been close as the 2012 season with Manning came down to the Ravens somehow having a Hail Mary play work. Without that good chance the Broncos make the Super Bowl. In 2013 they made the Super Bowl but it just wasn't their time. The Seahawks came to play and the Broncos didn't in that game. I put a lot of that on the coaching staff as the players commented as such saying they were not prepared for all that Seattle threw at them. This past year injuries especially to Manning, coaches interviewing and knowing they had other jobs. There are thousands of reasons every team doesn't win the Super Bowl every year. Again everything has to work out perfect usually for a team to win the Super Bowl. It is why a team like the Giants who snuck into the playoffs at 9-7 could then go and beat an undefeated Patriots team that nobody thought could be beat.

Also just so you know asking me why but then saying no excuses pretty much means I can't say anything because anything I say is an excuse. Essentially it boils down to the Broncos like 31 other teams failed at their ultimate goal for the season. Doesn't mean the Manning era has been a complete bust though as we do have 3 division titles with him (4 straight including the Tebow year), 1 AFC Championship win, and just about every offensive record in the books broken by the team. It has been a fun ride and I intend to enjoy the final year of Manning. It is bound to have a few fireworks along the way.

Also the idea of me picking the Broncos to win the division is very much supported by many. Heck even the ESPN writers for the other teams in the division picked the Broncos to win the division. NFL.com almost every one of their writers still picked the Broncos to win the division. There were a few as there are every year that picked differently but overwhelmingly most still think the Broncos are the class of the division. So again it is not just me being a homer but it is overall people looking at the team and seeing promise even beyond Manning that this team can still be successful even with an average Manning.
cd, if the Bolts had Cooper and we had Gordon you would pick Cooper and you know it, i can read you cd just like you can read me.. And there you go throwing out the excuse, it was the coaching staff.. What about last year?? Was it the coaching staff or the QB?? And in that Raven game was it the QB who threw the pick in crunch time or the hail mary?? Excuses only seem to work for you but not for me, crazy eh?? And BW has the Bolts winning the AFC West.. Said you guys are going to take a step back.. 12-4 means NOTHING if no SB at the end of that RUN!! A 9-7 team that got HOT at the RIGHT TIME beat that Great Pat Team!! Sneaking into the playoffs and getting HOT at the right time means everything..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, if the Bolts had Cooper and we had Gordon you would pick Cooper and you know it, i can read you cd just like you can read me.. And there you go throwing out the excuse, it was the coaching staff.. What about last year?? Was it the coaching staff or the QB?? And in that Raven game was it the QB who threw the pick in crunch time or the hail mary?? Excuses only seem to work for you but not for me, crazy eh?? And BW has the Bolts winning the AFC West.. Said you guys are going to take a step back.. 12-4 means NOTHING if no SB at the end of that RUN!! A 9-7 team that got HOT at the RIGHT TIME beat that Great Pat Team!! Sneaking into the playoffs and getting HOT at the right time means everything..

Sorry forgot about Bill Williamson picking the Chargers to win the division. And Cooper on the Chargers yes I would pick him there because they have Philip Rivers who is still a top-7 QB in this league. They also have some other weapons around him plus I would say the better OL of the two teams.

As for the whole list of things I said again you really didn't give me any room when you said no excuses but told me to tell you why? How in the world am I supposed to answer that. I can't answer why without giving you reasons that I saw. Yes I do think the coaching staff had its deficiencies. I also think they had their strengths. Just looking at your coach he is great at game planning to stop the run. I could know with him at the helm the Broncos were going to be a top-5 run defense in the league. I also knew the Broncos were not going to give up a ton of big plays as he likes to have his FS play very deep as he doesn't like the game changing plays to happen. Fox was great at keeping the locker room together. He is a great player coach that knows how to right the ship. Gase was great at coming up with some unique plays. Where they lacked was in game adjustments. When things went wrong for the Broncos they kept going wrong. Just look at the Indy game this past year and the Super Bowl the year before. When things started out bad it spiraled out of control. They also struggled to perform in the big games. Against the best QB's on our schedule especially last year our defense just stunk. Del Rio believes in his system which is great but he did it sometimes to a fault where he just trusted his 11 guys were going to be better than the other 11 guys. Against great teams that wasn't always the case.

Also there is a difference between an excuse and you just seeing nothing wrong with your team. I see plenty wrong with my team and have stated as much on here. I see the NT position being a weakness which is why I can see the Broncos taking a step back in the run defense category. I can see the OL for the Broncos being average at best which honestly if the Broncos don't win the Super Bowl this year I can about bet yah the OL is the #1 reason. I can easily say receiving wise the TE position will not be as strong this year without Julius Thomas on the team. I can say the FS position on the team looks to be a huge question mark and other than NT is probably our 2nd worst player on our defense. See how easy that is to be able to see some potential weaknesses on the team? This is to me why it is so hard to have a football conversation with you Idaho in you can't say any of these type of things about your own team. There is a way of still loving your team and being a homer but still also being able to be somewhat objective about your own team and see that there are potential weaknesses.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry forgot about Bill Williamson picking the Chargers to win the division. And Cooper on the Chargers yes I would pick him there because they have Philip Rivers who is still a top-7 QB in this league. They also have some other weapons around him plus I would say the better OL of the two teams.

As for the whole list of things I said again you really didn't give me any room when you said no excuses but told me to tell you why? How in the world am I supposed to answer that. I can't answer why without giving you reasons that I saw. Yes I do think the coaching staff had its deficiencies. I also think they had their strengths. Just looking at your coach he is great at game planning to stop the run. I could know with him at the helm the Broncos were going to be a top-5 run defense in the league. I also knew the Broncos were not going to give up a ton of big plays as he likes to have his FS play very deep as he doesn't like the game changing plays to happen. Fox was great at keeping the locker room together. He is a great player coach that knows how to right the ship. Gase was great at coming up with some unique plays. Where they lacked was in game adjustments. When things went wrong for the Broncos they kept going wrong. Just look at the Indy game this past year and the Super Bowl the year before. When things started out bad it spiraled out of control. They also struggled to perform in the big games. Against the best QB's on our schedule especially last year our defense just stunk. Del Rio believes in his system which is great but he did it sometimes to a fault where he just trusted his 11 guys were going to be better than the other 11 guys. Against great teams that wasn't always the case.

Also there is a difference between an excuse and you just seeing nothing wrong with your team. I see plenty wrong with my team and have stated as much on here. I see the NT position being a weakness which is why I can see the Broncos taking a step back in the run defense category. I can see the OL for the Broncos being average at best which honestly if the Broncos don't win the Super Bowl this year I can about bet yah the OL is the #1 reason. I can easily say receiving wise the TE position will not be as strong this year without Julius Thomas on the team. I can say the FS position on the team looks to be a huge question mark and other than NT is probably our 2nd worst player on our defense. See how easy that is to be able to see some potential weaknesses on the team? This is to me why it is so hard to have a football conversation with you Idaho in you can't say any of these type of things about your own team. There is a way of still loving your team and being a homer but still also being able to be somewhat objective about your own team and see that there are potential weaknesses.
Why do you REFUSE to talk about the QB?? Have to blame the coaches eh?? Its everybodys fault but PM right?? He is the reason you got bounced out ALL 3 years, but you refuse to discuss it.. And cd, i told you already that we have HOLES as well.. I just CHOOSE to focus on the good and not the bad, JUST LIKE you are doing post after post.. cd i gotta give it to ya?? You are a GOOD opponent!! Hard to beat.. That's why i choose these kind of boards, the debates get intense!! Gotta love it..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you REFUSE to talk about the QB?? Have to blame the coaches eh?? Its everybodys fault but PM right?? He is the reason you got bounced out ALL 3 years, but you refuse to discuss it.. And cd, i told you already that we have HOLES as well.. I just CHOOSE to focus on the good and not the bad, JUST LIKE you are doing post after post.. cd i gotta give it to ya?? You are a GOOD opponent!! Hard to beat.. That's why i choose these kind of boards, the debates get intense!! Gotta love it..

Peyton Manning has his blame of course. In 2012 in overtime he definitely threw a stupid pass. The game should have never gotten to that point though. A 70 yard pass happens only maybe 2-3 times in an entire season and not when you are up with only a minute left in the game knowing the only way you lose that game is by the Hail Mary type pass. That to me is bad coaching

The next year in the Super Bowl just about everything went wrong. Everybody in my opinion is to blame in that game. there were only a handful of players and none of the coaches that I would say showed real heart in that game.

Then this last year Manning definitely struggled. There is no denying that. Now why that struggle happened will definitely be answered very early in this season...Was it because he had a torn quad or was it he is just getting old and father time has caught up to him? Have to see. You don't usually see a guy though go from having another historical season to then the next week all of a sudden at best being a mediocre QB. Father time doesn't usually hit within a week's time.

Is that enough talk about the QB or do you want some more? I can definitely tell you of some other things that I had some issues with that involved with Peyton and the coaching staff such as play calling. Teams figured out the Broncos with the screen game. Essentially teams by the end of the year were daring Manning to throw deep as they knew with his injury he was having some major issue with control. That is where coaching though needs to step in and help him out a little more by designing some different plays to help get guys open. Also as a Bronco fan we know what good blocking looks like and what the Broncos did last year just looked like 5 guys with their heads cut off running around. There was no unity among the OL. It was 5 individuals trying to make plays but all too often at least one of them messed up having the play blown up. There is more that went into last year that I could talk about.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning has his blame of course. In 2012 in overtime he definitely threw a stupid pass. The game should have never gotten to that point though. A 70 yard pass happens only maybe 2-3 times in an entire season and not when you are up with only a minute left in the game knowing the only way you lose that game is by the Hail Mary type pass. That to me is bad coaching

The next year in the Super Bowl just about everything went wrong. Everybody in my opinion is to blame in that game. there were only a handful of players and none of the coaches that I would say showed real heart in that game.

Then this last year Manning definitely struggled. There is no denying that. Now why that struggle happened will definitely be answered very early in this season...Was it because he had a torn quad or was it he is just getting old and father time has caught up to him? Have to see. You don't usually see a guy though go from having another historical season to then the next week all of a sudden at best being a mediocre QB. Father time doesn't usually hit within a week's time.

Is that enough talk about the QB or do you want some more? I can definitely tell you of some other things that I had some issues with that involved with Peyton and the coaching staff such as play calling. Teams figured out the Broncos with the screen game. Essentially teams by the end of the year were daring Manning to throw deep as they knew with his injury he was having some major issue with control. That is where coaching though needs to step in and help him out a little more by designing some different plays to help get guys open. Also as a Bronco fan we know what good blocking looks like and what the Broncos did last year just looked like 5 guys with their heads cut off running around. There was no unity among the OL. It was 5 individuals trying to make plays but all too often at least one of them messed up having the play blown up. There is more that went into last year that I could talk about.
Thanks for being man enough to put the blame where it really belongs PM.. And yet you still managed to throw out a little excuse out there for PM, well he was hurt.. Smh.. If PM don't throw that pick, history is changed!!
We all know the knock on PM?? Can't get it done in the playoffs.. Dude is not clutch up to this point.. Those 3 Denver teams were freakin GOOD!! WAY better than this years team!! You should of WON at least one of those SBs with the teams he had!! Elway gave him the best team money could buy!! TOP RANK D Everything!! This will be his last year in Denver, so we will see if he can get it done?? No excuses!! Now cd?? I don't really like talking about other teams but the Raiders, that's why you only see me here and nowhere else.. I think we are going to surprise this year!! Let's talk Raiders..