• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders 2015/2016 season

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again like I said you lose a bit of credibility with me when all you see is the good. You've lost all objectivity when it comes to your team and I understand as I like to see the good in my own team but I also understand not everything is perfect. If it were then my team should win the Super Bowl every single year but obviously that doesn't happen. So again a little objectivity would go a long way in having a deeper conversation here about your team.
What do you want me to say cd?? We have alot of problems and are not going to WIN?? Nah man.. Do we have problems?? YES Just like every other team!! But i don't focus on that.. Football is something to enjoy, and that's what i do.. Step in the ring before you give up and go a few rounds to see how we do.. You are the same way cd.. Everything you have is better than everybody else.. I have talked Denver shop with you.. What i talk during the offseason i always back it up during the season!! I never lose my Cred!! Cuz i don't run and i don't hide..
Cmon cd!! Its all good dude.. We been rivals for what 4-5 years now!! Its all fun man.. Keep bringing it..
Soon enough the season will be here, and we can either laugh or cry!! We are ALL 0-0 BABY NEW HOPE!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you want me to say cd?? We have alot of problems and are not going to WIN?? Nah man.. Do we have problems?? YES Just like every other team!! But i don't focus on that.. Football is something to enjoy, and that's what i do.. Step in the ring before you give up and go a few rounds to see how we do.. You are the same way cd.. Everything you have is better than everybody else.. I have talked Denver shop with you.. What i talk during the offseason i always back it up during the season!! I never lose my Cred!! Cuz i don't run and i don't hide..
Cmon cd!! Its all good dude.. We been rivals for what 4-5 years now!! Its all fun man.. Keep bringing it..
Soon enough the season will be here, and we can either laugh or cry!! We are ALL 0-0 BABY NEW HOPE!!

I"m talking about being objective here man. Yes I love my team but I can also see weaknesses. Such as for the Broncos the ILB position is a huge question mark with the two guys slated to start coming off serious injuries. Our OL is mediocre at best. Our TE position lacks the star power of last year with JT. Throw in then coaching changes, a switch from the 4-3 to the 3-4 on defense, and now the distraction that maybe DT will hold out if a deal is not signed by tomorrow. That doesn't mean that I don't love my team to see those type of things and understand that any of those could be the downfall of my team or that there could be some surprises from no name players or say those ILB players actually stay healthy for an entire year. Those type of things happen all the time where good comes out of a questionable group. I've seen it the other way around though of a group you thought would be great and turned out they just didn't click for a season or injuries happened. Again I can see questions or even things I expect to be bad about my team but still think they are going to be a good team. Every team has huge question marks heading into the season. The teams predicted to be the best like Seattle could have the worst OL in football, or New England after losing their top-3 Corners from last year could have a terrible secondary, or Indy with not really adding anything to their weakest spots on the OL and DL could still struggle to run and stop the run. All of these fans of other teams know these are weaknesses or at best question marks. It is fine to notice these things and still expect good from your team.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m talking about being objective here man. Yes I love my team but I can also see weaknesses. Such as for the Broncos the ILB position is a huge question mark with the two guys slated to start coming off serious injuries. Our OL is mediocre at best. Our TE position lacks the star power of last year with JT. Throw in then coaching changes, a switch from the 4-3 to the 3-4 on defense, and now the distraction that maybe DT will hold out if a deal is not signed by tomorrow. That doesn't mean that I don't love my team to see those type of things and understand that any of those could be the downfall of my team or that there could be some surprises from no name players or say those ILB players actually stay healthy for an entire year. Those type of things happen all the time where good comes out of a questionable group. I've seen it the other way around though of a group you thought would be great and turned out they just didn't click for a season or injuries happened. Again I can see questions or even things I expect to be bad about my team but still think they are going to be a good team. Every team has huge question marks heading into the season. The teams predicted to be the best like Seattle could have the worst OL in football, or New England after losing their top-3 Corners from last year could have a terrible secondary, or Indy with not really adding anything to their weakest spots on the OL and DL could still struggle to run and stop the run. All of these fans of other teams know these are weaknesses or at best question marks. It is fine to notice these things and still expect good from your team.
I understand all that.. What if Carr slumps?? What if our DBs get exposed, or our team don't gel?? Or Our coaching can't get it done?? What if half of our FAs bust?? Which could happen!! Key players get hurt.. ALL that could happen, or at least some of it!! I understand that, i do.. I just don't focus on it till it happens.. Im a positive thinker man, and will deal with the doom and gloom when it happens.. And it will come for every team at some point or another..
I like the way the Raider are being put together, alot of young talent mixed with some good Vets!! If they all play as a team, and their skill level?? It should be a good year!! If not?? We crash and burn!! Pretty simple eh??

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again like I said you lose a bit of credibility with me when all you see is the good. You've lost all objectivity when it comes to your team and I understand as I like to see the good in my own team but I also understand not everything is perfect. If it were then my team should win the Super Bowl every single year but obviously that doesn't happen. So again a little objectivity would go a long way in having a deeper conversation here about your team.

This.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idaho.....you're a passionate fan, I'll give you that, but you're a bit of a homer, bro.

And tend to see things through rose colored glasses.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idaho.....you're a passionate fan, I'll give you that, but you're a bit of a homer, bro.

And tend to see things through rose colored glasses.
DJ, I'm a Raider fan on a Raider board hyping up the Raiders,while talking shop with a Denver fan.. That's who I am.. Win lose or tie!! Raiders till I Die!! We are who we are..

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ, I'm a Raider fan on a Raider board hyping up the Raiders,while talking shop with a Denver fan.. That's who I am.. Win lose or tie!! Raiders till I Die!! We are who we are..

It's great to be a fan, I understand but there is a middle ground which you have yet to find. That's all.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great to be a fan, I understand but there is a middle ground which you have yet to find. That's all.
Nah I found the middle ground long ago.. I just choose not to focus there.. Well as far as the Raiders go.. I'm ready to WIN bro.. This is the Best team we have had in a long time!! Same goes for the coaching staff.. Well on paper anyways!! I'm not going to trip on the boogie man standing outside the door.. let him in and go a few rounds, then see where we stand..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So DJ what are your thoughts on the Raiders? Would love to get your perspective on what you liked this off season and what you didn't like. What are your thoughts on Del Rio as the new coach? How do you think Carr does in year two?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So DJ what are your thoughts on the Raiders? Would love to get your perspective on what you liked this off season and what you didn't like. What are your thoughts on Del Rio as the new coach? How do you think Carr does in year two?

I liked free agency, we added an elite C in Rodney Hudson (he's going to really solidify the OL imo), a solid veteran WR in Michael Crabtree, a couple good LB's in Malcolm Smith and Curtis Lofton (he should be the leader of the young LB unit), one of the better free agent DT's in Dan Williams, and a nice change of pace RB in Roy Helu Jr.

Loved the draft, we got some really good players in Cooper, Edwards, Jackson, and Feliciano.

I loved the hire of JDR. I really liked him when he was with the Jags and like the toughness he'll bring to the team.

I think Carr will do really well, he has a lot more offensive options this season than he did as a rookie.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked free agency, we added an elite C in Rodney Hudson (he's going to really solidify the OL imo), a solid veteran WR in Michael Crabtree, a couple good LB's in Malcolm Smith and Curtis Lofton (he should be the leader of the young LB unit), one of the better free agent DT's in Dan Williams, and a nice change of pace RB in Roy Helu Jr.

Loved the draft, we got some really good players in Cooper, Edwards, Jackson, and Feliciano.

I loved the hire of JDR. I really liked him when he was with the Jags and like the toughness he'll bring to the team.

I think Carr will do really well, he has a lot more offensive options this season than he did as a rookie.

I appreciate your response. I think you will like JDR. He is a guy that is a no nonsense kind of guy that should help get the young guys focused. During his time in Denver it was rumored he and Elway actually almost threw down. That is a fight I wouldn't have minded seeing. I'm pretty sure JDR wins that one though. I'm not sure if he is a championship caliber type coach. He is not the greatest with game planning for the big games against great QB's. The Broncos seemed to lose every time we went against a top-10 QB. Beyond that though he is a solid guy.

I am very interested to see how Carr does this year. He definitely showed some flashes of being a Franchise QB but his numbers show a guy that struggled. Now that he has some legit weapons though going to be interesting to see if it was more just had no talent plus being a rookie or whether he can hack it in this league long-term. A lot of guys flash brilliance but then fade into nothing. Just have to see which one he is. Obviously as a Bronco fan wouldn't mind seeing the Raiders continue to be a bottom-5 team but then again I always loved when our two teams were competitive and wouldn't mind seeing some of those knock down drag out fights between our two teams.

Where we differ in opinion I would say is on the FA class. There were a couple of guys your team brought in that I think will be difference makers like that of Hudson and Dan Williams. I think there are a couple of decent guys in Helu and maybe Malcolm Smith that I think can make a few plays for you guys, and then there is Crabtree (keep hearing he is a coaches nightmare), Lofton (although he racked up a ton of tackles he still graded out as a terrible linebacker the last few years in the league), and then Richardson. I still have no clue why you guys signed Richardson. So again just a bit of a mixed bag between all of them for me.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as predictions....I think we'll surprise some and win 6-7 games, despite the touch schedule. In Carr's 3rd and JDR's 2nd season.....I expect us to be a lot better.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as predictions....I think we'll surprise some and win 6-7 games, despite the touch schedule. In Carr's 3rd and JDR's 2nd season.....I expect us to be a lot better.

Yeah that is actually about where I have them. I have said that the Raiders are another year away with another good draft. If they can do that then they should be competitive for quite a few years. That should also help maybe bring in some FA's if the Raiders can show they are back on track. I think some FA's still stayed away this past year not knowing if the Raiders were the Raiders of the last 10-years or one that is showing some young talent with a promising future.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to say 8-8 with a plus or minus of 2!! I really think the D is going to be pretty good!! JDR and KNJ are some very good coaches, and WILL have that D playing to the top of their skill level..
The D should keep us in alot of games!! It will be up to the O to pull those games out..
The Raiders have one of the biggest OLs in the league, and brought in one of the best Centers in the game, coached by one of the best OL coaches out there in Tice!! His job is to get the RUN game going.. His RBs, Murray, TRich, Rookie Dyer who opened eyes, Taiwan Jones, Reece, and Helu!! The BEST of them will play!!
Now we have Musgrave putting in a new system, that puts Carr and his skill players to what they do best..
Double TE sets, featuring Rivera and Walford, Or power RUN with Lee!! 3 WR sets with Coop, Crabtree, and Streater, or 4 sets!! Reece, Murray, and Helu can ALL catch out of the back field.. Of course the KEY to everything will be CARR and the OL!! The Media see Carr as the rising star, cuz they see everything i just posted!! But that don't matter!! Coming together as a TEAM is what matters!! The Raiders are being built the RIGHT way..

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the AFC West is going to be a shoot out this year. The Broncos are going to take a step back, the Raiders could be much improved offensively, if the Chargers' O line can step up, then they will be much improved and you can never count out an Andy Reid team. Looking forward to it...GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the AFC West is going to be a shoot out this year. The Broncos are going to take a step back, the Raiders could be much improved offensively, if the Chargers' O line can step up, then they will be much improved and you can never count out an Andy Reid team. Looking forward to it...GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
I agree GeekSportsFan WIDE open.. The Bolts added Melvin Gordon and a good draft to an already good team..
KC, added to their D which is freaking good, and added Maclin and some other draft picks.. The Raiders with their youth movement and proven coaching!! Denver is not a lock by NO MEANS, and will start their rebuilt next year..
Wide Open!! The AFC West is going to be a Blood Bath this year!! All 4 teams WANT it BAD!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess my question is why do people think the Broncos are going to take a step back? Here are the players lost...

Julius Thomas--Great when healthy obviously but spent about half the year injured and refused to play when he was healthy as he thought it would affect his contract.
Rahim Moore--Average safety...graded out about middle of the pack for the NFL at his position.
Terrance Knighton--has only shown that he can be successful under Del Rio and Del Rio with the Raiders didn't even show a ton of interest in him. Last I heard he had gained another 30 lbs. and showed up severely overweight in Washington.
Orlando Franklin--This is probably the one guy that hurts the Broncos to lose. He didn't fit our system though was the biggest issue with switching to a pure ZBS.

Players added

Darian Stewart--Brought in to compete for the safety position lost with Moore gone. He graded out about average as well at the safety position this past year. So about even trade off.
Owen Daniels--Not the receiving threat of Julius Thomas but is the all-around TE that fits into the Kubiak system that can both block and be a good receiver out of the backfield.
Vance Walker--Fills in for Knighton and finished with the Chiefs as one of their top-5 defensive players last year for a defense that was in the top-3 in the league. Was very good against the run just like that of Knighton.
Antonio Smith--Graded out as one of the top-3 DT's in the league as a pass rusher on the Raiders team and returns under Phillips who helped develop him into one of the best at getting after the QB.
Finally through the draft and through a couple of FA signings the Broncos are working to create the type of OL they want for the future. Not sure how this will work out in replacing Franklin.

Throw in the Broncos get back their defensive captain from injury in Danny Trevathan. He missed pretty much the entire season. Broncos still had a top-5 defense without him so made that much stronger with him.

Now I can understand the whole maybe Manning has truly gone downhill a little bit but also have to remember that under Kubiak with even average QB's his offense has finished top-10 in the league all but about 2 years of him coaching either as an OC or HC. So he doesn't have to have a top QB to still be a top offense in the league. He also has Pro Bowl WR's and a Pro Bowl RB to work with. Kubiak will work to establish the run and take the pressure off Manning to have to legendary for the team to win.

Again I just don't understand this whole Broncos are taking a step back. There is a reason they are still considered the 3rd best team in the AFC by most behind only Indy and New England. They are more than just Manning.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my question is why do people think the Broncos are going to take a step back? Here are the players lost...

Julius Thomas--Great when healthy obviously but spent about half the year injured and refused to play when he was healthy as he thought it would affect his contract.
Rahim Moore--Average safety...graded out about middle of the pack for the NFL at his position.
Terrance Knighton--has only shown that he can be successful under Del Rio and Del Rio with the Raiders didn't even show a ton of interest in him. Last I heard he had gained another 30 lbs. and showed up severely overweight in Washington.
Orlando Franklin--This is probably the one guy that hurts the Broncos to lose. He didn't fit our system though was the biggest issue with switching to a pure ZBS.

Players added

Darian Stewart--Brought in to compete for the safety position lost with Moore gone. He graded out about average as well at the safety position this past year. So about even trade off.
Owen Daniels--Not the receiving threat of Julius Thomas but is the all-around TE that fits into the Kubiak system that can both block and be a good receiver out of the backfield.
Vance Walker--Fills in for Knighton and finished with the Chiefs as one of their top-5 defensive players last year for a defense that was in the top-3 in the league. Was very good against the run just like that of Knighton.
Antonio Smith--Graded out as one of the top-3 DT's in the league as a pass rusher on the Raiders team and returns under Phillips who helped develop him into one of the best at getting after the QB.
Finally through the draft and through a couple of FA signings the Broncos are working to create the type of OL they want for the future. Not sure how this will work out in replacing Franklin.

Throw in the Broncos get back their defensive captain from injury in Danny Trevathan. He missed pretty much the entire season. Broncos still had a top-5 defense without him so made that much stronger with him.

Now I can understand the whole maybe Manning has truly gone downhill a little bit but also have to remember that under Kubiak with even average QB's his offense has finished top-10 in the league all but about 2 years of him coaching either as an OC or HC. So he doesn't have to have a top QB to still be a top offense in the league. He also has Pro Bowl WR's and a Pro Bowl RB to work with. Kubiak will work to establish the run and take the pressure off Manning to have to legendary for the team to win.

Again I just don't understand this whole Broncos are taking a step back. There is a reason they are still considered the 3rd best team in the AFC by most behind only Indy and New England. They are more than just Manning.
You losing Cred with this post..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You losing Cred with this post..

Ok then explain to me how the Broncos are worse this year than last...I have no problem having somebody tell me why. I just keep hearing this idea that people think the Broncos are going to take a step back but nobody really says much other than that Manning is going to struggle this year. Which that to me is a matter of very subjective opinion. Could he? Of course. Couldn't any player in the league?

At this point of the players I listed above Julius Thomas was the only Pro Bowler of the group. He spent half the year on the bench because of injuries and poor attitude. There is a reason that a Pro Bowl player had two of his coaches leave to become head coaches of other teams and neither team even gave him an offer. Same with Knighton in he was good with the Broncos but there is a reason neither Del Rio or Fox both defensive minded guys wanted to sign him. He was known for showing up severely overweight, taking plays off, and struggling to be in even for half the plays of a game because of conditioning. Again he was good but not irreplaceable.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok then explain to me how the Broncos are worse this year than last...I have no problem having somebody tell me why. I just keep hearing this idea that people think the Broncos are going to take a step back but nobody really says much other than that Manning is going to struggle this year. Which that to me is a matter of very subjective opinion. Could he? Of course. Couldn't any player in the league?

At this point of the players I listed above Julius Thomas was the only Pro Bowler of the group. He spent half the year on the bench because of injuries and poor attitude. There is a reason that a Pro Bowl player had two of his coaches leave to become head coaches of other teams and neither team even gave him an offer. Same with Knighton in he was good with the Broncos but there is a reason neither Del Rio or Fox both defensive minded guys wanted to sign him. He was known for showing up severely overweight, taking plays off, and struggling to be in even for half the plays of a game because of conditioning. Again he was good but not irreplaceable.
No need to explain cd, you did a pretty good job of that in one of those above post.. And on top of that, you can't discount PM playing in a NEW system that don't suit him at this stage in his career.. Its easy to see that Kubiak don't want to deal with him.. He wanted to start the Osweiler era!! But Elway is going ALL in for one more year, then he will blow the team up..