• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders 2015/2016 season

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for being man enough to put the blame where it really belongs PM.. And yet you still managed to throw out a little excuse out there for PM, well he was hurt.. Smh.. If PM don't throw that pick, history is changed!!
We all know the knock on PM?? Can't get it done in the playoffs.. Dude is not clutch up to this point.. Those 3 Denver teams were freakin GOOD!! WAY better than this years team!! You should of WON at least one of those SBs with the teams he had!! Elway gave him the best team money could buy!! TOP RANK D Everything!! This will be his last year in Denver, so we will see if he can get it done?? No excuses!! Now cd?? I don't really like talking about other teams but the Raiders, that's why you only see me here and nowhere else.. I think we are going to surprise this year!! Let's talk Raiders..

Ok last comment on the Broncos then will get onto the Raiders...Here is where we differ. I do put some of the blame on Manning not all of it. He has a higher QB rating than that of Brady in the playoffs but the big difference between the two has been that of the play of the defense. Brady's defense has been much better throughout Manning's career. He still deserves some of the blame but again not even close to all of it. As for the injury obviously Idaho you have never had a torn Quad before then tried to go out and play football. I've had the torn quad before and have a torn Achilles right now. Both are terribly painful injuries that make especially pushing off that leg very difficult. I coach soccer here and tore my Achilles early in the season but kept trying to play on it. The biggest problem was that first step as it just hurt like hell. Manning relies a lot on his lower body to generate his power since his neck surgeries so yes his quad being torn is a huge deal. It is not the only deal as I could definitely list plenty of other things such as the switch from predominantly being in the shotgun to under center midseason really affected Manning's timing. He is fine as long as he has practiced doing it thousands of times like he is doing this off season from under Center but the switch right in the middle of the season messed him up big time. He also did not trust his OL. Finally he did wear down. The Broncos just cannot depend on him to throw it 600-700 times in a season and still be as effective. It is part of the reason of going out and getting a coach that loves to run the football. It is taking the ball out of Manning's hands and taking some of the pressure off him and the defense both.

Also you want to put all the blame on Manning but your new coach allowed an above average offense in the Seahawks in the Super Bowl to score 43 points. Even the worst defenses in the league can do better than that. The Broncos all season had done better than that so it wasn't the players alone that lead to that terrible showing. Scheme wise they were terrible. Same with Indy this past post season. You can talk to anybody watching that game that the defensive scheme was terrible. When Talib is getting burned by Hilton all game long a good coach makes a switch. Harris was a much better match up as he likes those quick receivers where Talib does better against the big guys. Yes what does Del Rio do but keep a bad match up on the field and allow Talib to get burned over and over again thinking somehow it would change. What is the definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results? That is Del Rio all the way right there and that wasn't unique to that game. During the Patriots game he had Von Miller one of the top-3 pass rushers in the entire league spend a good chunk of the game dropping back into coverage! that is down right terrible and unacceptable.

Ok like I said last post on the Broncos and back onto the Raiders...So Idaho just looking at the game by game which games do you have Oakland winning and which ones do you have them losing?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok last comment on the Broncos then will get onto the Raiders...Here is where we differ. I do put some of the blame on Manning not all of it. He has a higher QB rating than that of Brady in the playoffs but the big difference between the two has been that of the play of the defense. Brady's defense has been much better throughout Manning's career. He still deserves some of the blame but again not even close to all of it. As for the injury obviously Idaho you have never had a torn Quad before then tried to go out and play football. I've had the torn quad before and have a torn Achilles right now. Both are terribly painful injuries that make especially pushing off that leg very difficult. I coach soccer here and tore my Achilles early in the season but kept trying to play on it. The biggest problem was that first step as it just hurt like hell. Manning relies a lot on his lower body to generate his power since his neck surgeries so yes his quad being torn is a huge deal. It is not the only deal as I could definitely list plenty of other things such as the switch from predominantly being in the shotgun to under center midseason really affected Manning's timing. He is fine as long as he has practiced doing it thousands of times like he is doing this off season from under Center but the switch right in the middle of the season messed him up big time. He also did not trust his OL. Finally he did wear down. The Broncos just cannot depend on him to throw it 600-700 times in a season and still be as effective. It is part of the reason of going out and getting a coach that loves to run the football. It is taking the ball out of Manning's hands and taking some of the pressure off him and the defense both.

Also you want to put all the blame on Manning but your new coach allowed an above average offense in the Seahawks in the Super Bowl to score 43 points. Even the worst defenses in the league can do better than that. The Broncos all season had done better than that so it wasn't the players alone that lead to that terrible showing. Scheme wise they were terrible. Same with Indy this past post season. You can talk to anybody watching that game that the defensive scheme was terrible. When Talib is getting burned by Hilton all game long a good coach makes a switch. Harris was a much better match up as he likes those quick receivers where Talib does better against the big guys. Yes what does Del Rio do but keep a bad match up on the field and allow Talib to get burned over and over again thinking somehow it would change. What is the definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results? That is Del Rio all the way right there and that wasn't unique to that game. During the Patriots game he had Von Miller one of the top-3 pass rushers in the entire league spend a good chunk of the game dropping back into coverage! that is down right terrible and unacceptable.

Ok like I said last post on the Broncos and back onto the Raiders...So Idaho just looking at the game by game which games do you have Oakland winning and which ones do you have them losing?
Never had anything torn, but have been injured before.. Take some meds and get back out there.. CD I see what Ya saying, but you started to turn this into JDRs fault.. If you can't get points and move the ball in the air and ground a D will simply run out of gas.. And no matter how hard you try a great O will beat that tired D.. And that's what I saw in the playoffs.. A QB gets all the glory and all the blame.. JDR did his job while on Denver.. Now we will see what Wade can do?? Gotta roll I'll get back at Ya..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never had anything torn, but have been injured before.. Take some meds and get back out there.. CD I see what Ya saying, but you started to turn this into JDRs fault.. If you can't get points and move the ball in the air and ground a D will simply run out of gas.. And no matter how hard you try a great O will beat that tired D.. And that's what I saw in the playoffs.. A QB gets all the glory and all the blame.. JDR did his job while on Denver.. Now we will see what Wade can do?? Gotta roll I'll get back at Ya..

See when something is torn it is not as easy as just taking some meds and getting back out there. Such as for me I tried to play on my torn Achilles and while I could eventually get up to full speed it usually took me a lot longer to get there because I just didn't have the ability to push off that leg anymore. All my acceleration had to come from my other leg while I dragged the other one along until I got up to full speed and my momentum could carry me. With a torn quad imagine trying to push off your leg but there being no muscle to push off against because it is torn. You don't have the strength or consistency when that happens to your body.

As for JDR honestly as a Bronco fan there is no person on the team I am more pissed about with how last season played out than JDR. The Broncos finished 16th last year in points given up on defense...16th! That is unacceptable when you have a roster that had what 6 pro bowl players on the defense. He did so much better in 2012 when we were pretty much top-5 in every category and in 2013 when we had all of our injuries honestly. We didn't keep people from getting the yards but the defense had creativity and had heart. This last year the entire team had lost heart honestly. Heck even players after the season talked about that that they really struggled to find the motivation. That to me is partly on the players and partly on the coaches.

Also good read on Manning and his return and the team wanting him back. Just gives you an idea behind closed doors what was actually happening not what the media was trying to hype up... Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning went through checklist before returning

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See when something is torn it is not as easy as just taking some meds and getting back out there. Such as for me I tried to play on my torn Achilles and while I could eventually get up to full speed it usually took me a lot longer to get there because I just didn't have the ability to push off that leg anymore. All my acceleration had to come from my other leg while I dragged the other one along until I got up to full speed and my momentum could carry me. With a torn quad imagine trying to push off your leg but there being no muscle to push off against because it is torn. You don't have the strength or consistency when that happens to your body.

As for JDR honestly as a Bronco fan there is no person on the team I am more pissed about with how last season played out than JDR. The Broncos finished 16th last year in points given up on defense...16th! That is unacceptable when you have a roster that had what 6 pro bowl players on the defense. He did so much better in 2012 when we were pretty much top-5 in every category and in 2013 when we had all of our injuries honestly. We didn't keep people from getting the yards but the defense had creativity and had heart. This last year the entire team had lost heart honestly. Heck even players after the season talked about that that they really struggled to find the motivation. That to me is partly on the players and partly on the coaches.

Also good read on Manning and his return and the team wanting him back. Just gives you an idea behind closed doors what was actually happening not what the media was trying to hype up... Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning went through checklist before returning
Pop some 80z man, and you will push off like a champ!! Ya know?? Dude im starting to think this torn quad thing PM had was a myth.. I never heard anything about it anymore!! Did he go under the knife?? What happened?? It sort of sounds like that pesky word everybody hates?? Excuses!! Now i really don't follow Denver much, so i really don't know..

cd, your hate of the Raiders has blinded you man, for real.. JDR and his Ds were good enough to get you guys TOP seeds!! Then comes playoff time, BIG GAMES!! Crunch Time!! Show me or go home!! PM just wasn't up to it, and that put to much pressure on the D!! When your O can't get points in BIG games like that, playing the Bradys, and RWs of the world?? They will beat you!! And those stats are a little misleading imo?? You guys were blowing teams out, so you go to that bend but don't break D.. Not everything is what it seems cd..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop some 80z man, and you will push off like a champ!! Ya know?? Dude im starting to think this torn quad thing PM had was a myth.. I never heard anything about it anymore!! Did he go under the knife?? What happened?? It sort of sounds like that pesky word everybody hates?? Excuses!! Now i really don't follow Denver much, so i really don't know..

cd, your hate of the Raiders has blinded you man, for real.. JDR and his Ds were good enough to get you guys TOP seeds!! Then comes playoff time, BIG GAMES!! Crunch Time!! Show me or go home!! PM just wasn't up to it, and that put to much pressure on the D!! When your O can't get points in BIG games like that, playing the Bradys, and RWs of the world?? They will beat you!! And those stats are a little misleading imo?? You guys were blowing teams out, so you go to that bend but don't break D.. Not everything is what it seems cd..

Haha not all tears are the same Idaho. Such as my torn Achilles it is only partially torn. Right now they are having me wear a walking boot to see if it can heal on its own instead of needing to go under the knife. Same with Peyton's torn quad in it wasn't fully torn meaning he did not need surgery for it to fully heal back up. All he needed was time but unfortunately during the season they did not. Again unless you have actually gone through this pain it is hard to understand.

As for JDR just look at the 3 games we lost with him as the DC...Against Baltimore they allowed 38 points. Against Seattle they allowed 43 points. Against Indy I will give it to you the defense did pretty good only allowing 24 points. It doesn't matter how terrible the offense is you don't give up those kind of points. Heck the worst offenses in the league their defenses did give that much up on a regular basis so then how can you say the defense is not a big part of the problem in those games? Anyway he is your problem now. I am excited for our new guy Phillips and what he brings to the table. We shall see how much better or worse they do with our new coaching staff and you guys will see what Del Rio brings to the table as well. Anyway I am heading out for a week so probably won't be on here a ton. Thankfully real football is back soon and these type of conversations while fun can only last so long! Time to actually see what can be done on the field instead of in our minds.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha not all tears are the same Idaho. Such as my torn Achilles it is only partially torn. Right now they are having me wear a walking boot to see if it can heal on its own instead of needing to go under the knife. Same with Peyton's torn quad in it wasn't fully torn meaning he did not need surgery for it to fully heal back up. All he needed was time but unfortunately during the season they did not. Again unless you have actually gone through this pain it is hard to understand.

As for JDR just look at the 3 games we lost with him as the DC...Against Baltimore they allowed 38 points. Against Seattle they allowed 43 points. Against Indy I will give it to you the defense did pretty good only allowing 24 points. It doesn't matter how terrible the offense is you don't give up those kind of points. Heck the worst offenses in the league their defenses did give that much up on a regular basis so then how can you say the defense is not a big part of the problem in those games? Anyway he is your problem now. I am excited for our new guy Phillips and what he brings to the table. We shall see how much better or worse they do with our new coaching staff and you guys will see what Del Rio brings to the table as well. Anyway I am heading out for a week so probably won't be on here a ton. Thankfully real football is back soon and these type of conversations while fun can only last so long! Time to actually see what can be done on the field instead of in our minds.
All playoff teams score in the 30s now days cd.. You just have to go point for point, then let that TOP rank D MAKE the play to seal the game..
JDR and his staff are now RAIDERS!! We will soon see what they have.. Just like we will see what you have with your new staff.. Coming Soon!! CYA.. Bring it anytime.. Im always game..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this young Raider team puts it together?? It will be a fun year!! Young game breakers on both sides of the ball..
Work HARD!! Play hard, take it don't give it!! The goal?? Just WIN!! GO RAIDERS!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, camps are starting around the league today, good time of year!! We will see what kind of O Musgrave will be installing?? Word has it it's being built from scratch?? Never before seen?? Hmmm!! Spread, Power?? Maybe a mix of everything?? Also want to SEE what kind of D we will be playing?? The Del Rio 43?? Or what KNJ learned in Seattle?? Perhaps a blend of both?? I know i want to see a punishing D!!
Man can't wait to see what the OL looks like as well!! Mike Tice says its the BIGGEST most athletic OL he has EVER coached!! That gets me thinking of Power RUN with Murray!! And the Screen game with the BEAST Hudson!!
It's going to be fun to see what the coaching staff is cooking..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want some come get some!! The Raiders are game!! I got their back!! I'm game as well..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crappy!! SIO put on the Pup!! Get well soon, the Raiders need you!! Good thing we got Ray Ray,Smith, and some rookies.. But SIO Moore is a badazz!! Man it sucks!! But let's see what these other boyz got?? Bring it till SIO gets back!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silver and Black Oakland Raider Attack!! Cuz im Back in Black!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Idaho I leave for a week and the Raider board goes dead.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Idaho I leave for a week and the Raider board goes dead.
That's why you shouldn't leave!! Lmao.. Nah dude, all boards are pretty dead right now, let's get some pre season action rolling then we will have alot more to talk about.. Well at least i will.. Soo i tuned into First take today and they have that BABE from NFL Network hosting it, anyway they have an over under on our teams.. They all picked the Raiders to finish above 5, 7-9 8-8 or so, then you guys came up?? Two picked you guys at 9-7 and one picked you guys at 11-5.. Hmmm what's up with that??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why you shouldn't leave!! Lmao.. Nah dude, all boards are pretty dead right now, let's get some pre season action rolling then we will have alot more to talk about.. Well at least i will.. Soo i tuned into First take today and they have that BABE from NFL Network hosting it, anyway they have an over under on our teams.. They all picked the Raiders to finish above 5, 7-9 8-8 or so, then you guys came up?? Two picked you guys at 9-7 and one picked you guys at 11-5.. Hmmm what's up with that??

Yeah I think the Broncos are an unknown to so many this year. They have made some major changes no bigger than that of the coaching staff. They have a QB that has some major question marks of are we getting the 2013/early 2014 Manning or the December Manning this year. They have an OL that is looking very very young (although they might sign Jake Long today!). Defensively they are switching to a 3-4 defense. So again lots of change happening and I think it makes people nervous to pick them. Heck I don't know what to expect from this team. Obviously I see the good in them and predict that they will do well but it wouldn't surprise me if they do fall back a little this year. It also wouldn't surprise me to see them more prepared though for the playoffs than in years past. They are making the switch to become a team that can beat you multiple ways. They are looking to try and build a more aggressive defense (Del Rio hated to blitz) and have the run game look more like the last couple of years with John Elway. They are trying their hardest to get away from Manning having to throwing 4 touchdowns a week and going out and winning a bunch of shoot outs. If nothing else they are working to build for the future while also trying to stay competitive this year. Kubiak is trying to build a young OL especially that maybe struggles some this year but builds for next year and beyond to then bring the Broncos back to being a top-5 rushing team every year taking pressure off whoever comes in at QB after Manning. Again we shall see.

Also I would take the over for the Raiders as well. I have them in that 6-10 maybe 7-9 range. As I have told you before I don't see this year quite being their year as they have a new coaching staff as well and a lot of young pieces expected to perform. I see next year and beyond being where the Raiders really start coming back to relevancy in the NFL. No longer are they in that Cap Hell that made them the laughing stock of the NFL.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think the Broncos are an unknown to so many this year. They have made some major changes no bigger than that of the coaching staff. They have a QB that has some major question marks of are we getting the 2013/early 2014 Manning or the December Manning this year. They have an OL that is looking very very young (although they might sign Jake Long today!). Defensively they are switching to a 3-4 defense. So again lots of change happening and I think it makes people nervous to pick them. Heck I don't know what to expect from this team. Obviously I see the good in them and predict that they will do well but it wouldn't surprise me if they do fall back a little this year. It also wouldn't surprise me to see them more prepared though for the playoffs than in years past. They are making the switch to become a team that can beat you multiple ways. They are looking to try and build a more aggressive defense (Del Rio hated to blitz) and have the run game look more like the last couple of years with John Elway. They are trying their hardest to get away from Manning having to throwing 4 touchdowns a week and going out and winning a bunch of shoot outs. If nothing else they are working to build for the future while also trying to stay competitive this year. Kubiak is trying to build a young OL especially that maybe struggles some this year but builds for next year and beyond to then bring the Broncos back to being a top-5 rushing team every year taking pressure off whoever comes in at QB after Manning. Again we shall see.

Also I would take the over for the Raiders as well. I have them in that 6-10 maybe 7-9 range. As I have told you before I don't see this year quite being their year as they have a new coaching staff as well and a lot of young pieces expected to perform. I see next year and beyond being where the Raiders really start coming back to relevancy in the NFL. No longer are they in that Cap Hell that made them the laughing stock of the NFL.
Good post!! truth is nobody knows what's going to happen, we only talk cuz we can, and it's fun.. The moment of truth is about here though!! I too am a little nervous about my Raiders!! Young team, Carr entering his 2nd year with the franchise on his back etc.. It's show me time!!
Jake Long would be a score if you guys land him!! Dude is good, just can't stay healthy.. He will help for sure though!! And ya, at some point you just have to build through the draft!! I think we split with you guys cd this year..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post!! truth is nobody knows what's going to happen, we only talk cuz we can, and it's fun.. The moment of truth is about here though!! I too am a little nervous about my Raiders!! Young team, Carr entering his 2nd year with the franchise on his back etc.. It's show me time!!
Jake Long would be a score if you guys land him!! Dude is good, just can't stay healthy.. He will help for sure though!! And ya, at some point you just have to build through the draft!! I think we split with you guys cd this year..

It is true never know how things will play out. Injuries are the great unknown for everybody. That is honestly probably my biggest question about Carr is his health. Since he has come into the league it seems like he has been banged up with some kind of injury over the last year.

As for Jake Long it looks like the Broncos are not signing him right now. My guess is they just wanted to see how healthy he is and then get maybe a week into camp to see how the young guys are looking. If they are struggling then good chance they sign him but if they look good then probably stick with the young guys and let them work together to build that unity.

Like you I am just glad football is back. I'm just hoping since it is that maybe this stupid Deflategate stuff can just fade to the background. Brady just needs to serve his 4-game suspension and shut up in my opinion. As for the split this year we shall see. At this point with Manning on the team the Broncos are 17-1 in the division over the last 3 years. The one game they lost was on the road on a Thursday night game against the Chargers. Have to remember this is a division that has had more than just the Broncos making the playoffs over the last 3 years so it has been a strong division other than Oakland.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is true never know how things will play out. Injuries are the great unknown for everybody. That is honestly probably my biggest question about Carr is his health. Since he has come into the league it seems like he has been banged up with some kind of injury over the last year.

As for Jake Long it looks like the Broncos are not signing him right now. My guess is they just wanted to see how healthy he is and then get maybe a week into camp to see how the young guys are looking. If they are struggling then good chance they sign him but if they look good then probably stick with the young guys and let them work together to build that unity.

Like you I am just glad football is back. I'm just hoping since it is that maybe this stupid Deflategate stuff can just fade to the background. Brady just needs to serve his 4-game suspension and shut up in my opinion. As for the split this year we shall see. At this point with Manning on the team the Broncos are 17-1 in the division over the last 3 years. The one game they lost was on the road on a Thursday night game against the Chargers. Have to remember this is a division that has had more than just the Broncos making the playoffs over the last 3 years so it has been a strong division other than Oakland.
Key players getting hurt is what kills teams!! Let's hope nobody gets hurt for anybody!!
Carr has had his nicks, but he is 100% right now, dude is a gamer and plays hurt if need be.. We beefed up our OL even more to help keep him clean.. Last year we gave up the fewest sacks, so hopefully they do even better this year?? And cd?? Some teams get better and others take a step back.. 17-1 means nothing this year.. Change always happens.. Will it happen this year?? Stay tuned!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key players getting hurt is what kills teams!! Let's hope nobody gets hurt for anybody!!
Carr has had his nicks, but he is 100% right now, dude is a gamer and plays hurt if need be.. We beefed up our OL even more to help keep him clean.. Last year we gave up the fewest sacks, so hopefully they do even better this year?? And cd?? Some teams get better and others take a step back.. 17-1 means nothing this year.. Change always happens.. Will it happen this year?? Stay tuned!!

It is true some teams do get better and others take a step back. Hard to tell which ones will be what especially as we are talking injuries. 17-1 to me shows the Broncos like playing games within the division as they know those teams the best and have shown they know how to beat what they have. Yes teams change from year to year but for the most part other than the Raiders the other two teams have stayed the same coaching wise so scheme wise the Broncos know how to beat those teams. The Raiders are a bit of a wild card but at the same time nobody knows Del Rio better than the Broncos. Same cannot be said of Del Rio knowing the Broncos as the new coaching staff has completely changed things.

As for the OL of the Raiders they actually didn't give up the fewest sacks. The Broncos did. The Raiders were tied for 6th last year. The other part of that though is the Raiders had the lowest yards per attempt in the league by almost an entire yard. Part of the giving up so few of sacks was that Carr was just getting rid of the football so quickly. He struggled to let plays develop. Maybe some of that is just rookie jitters and maybe some he just didn't trust his OL to keep him clean. If the Raiders are to have success this year though that yards per attempt number needs to jump quite a bit as teams have creaped up closer to the LOS knowing that Carr at least last year really struggled to throw the deep ball or at least wanting to throw it. As you said though maybe a new OL and a few new weapons helps with some of that. We shall see. So glad to actually talk football again though!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing CD?? Everybody knows what kubaik and Phillips like to do.. Those Cats have been doing the same thing forever.. Nobody really knows what Musgrave and KNJ will do?? Heck not even Raider fan.. So there is that.. And what did Carr have last year?? This year he has Cooper, who everybody who has seen him are like my goodness, throw in Crabs, Streater,etc?? Those numbers should go up.. Again it's hard to really say what we will have till you see them play?? They could catch fire and light you up, or struggle don't know?? On the other hand,we will know what you will have.. Football is back baby!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing CD?? Everybody knows what kubaik and Phillips like to do.. Those Cats have been doing the same thing forever.. Nobody really knows what Musgrave and KNJ will do?? Heck not even Raider fan.. So there is that.. And what did Carr have last year?? This year he has Cooper, who everybody who has seen him are like my goodness, throw in Crabs, Streater,etc?? Those numbers should go up.. Again it's hard to really say what we will have till you see them play?? They could catch fire and light you up, or struggle don't know?? On the other hand,we will know what you will have.. Football is back baby!!

Not so sure I agree that people will know what the Broncos have. First off lets take a look at Phillips and his defenses. He has shown that he is one of the most changeable coaches in the entire league. He doesn't try to make players fit into his system but designs a system around his players and what they can do. It is why when he was coaching the Cowboys that DeMarcus Ware was the featured player on the defense and they worked to give him opportunities. When he was with the Texans obviously Watt was his top guy so he worked the defense to fit him into spots that got him opportunities. Two very different players with different positions yet both had DPOY type seasons with Phillips at the helm. He has gone with the big NT when he was with the Chargers and played a more 2-gap system. With the Cowboys he played a 1-gap system as he had a very small NT (under 300 lbs actually) and still produced a top-10 defense. So again I don't think you can say you know what Phillips is going to do with the Broncos. Del Rio on the other hand has ran the exact same system both as HC and DC everywhere he has gone. He loves the 4-3 under defense as it helps to really produce a great run stopping defense.

As for the offense the Broncos have said over and over again that they are combining both Kubiak and what he likes to do and what Manning has done since he came to Denver. Both sides have worked hard this off season to make an entirely new playbook. The Broncos are not just throwing out the old system as Kubiak knows that Manning can dominate with that offense and actually produced the greatest offense in NFL history with that offense so no reason to scrap the whole thing.