• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders 2015/2016 season

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I'm just not buying Phillips CD.. Dude just seems burned out.. Kubiak might be good?? But I see drama developing between him and PM.. Never know till they play the games though.. THat's just what I see.. On the other hand I think JDR and KNJ are going to be real good!! JDR is good and KNJ has learned from some of the best out there..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I'm just not buying Phillips CD.. Dude just seems burned out.. Kubiak might be good?? But I see drama developing between him and PM.. Never know till they play the games though.. THat's just what I see.. On the other hand I think JDR and KNJ are going to be real good!! JDR is good and KNJ has learned from some of the best out there..

Burned out? How so? I mean his last defense he coached in Houston went from 32nd in the league to 1st the next year in yards given up. Yeah that really sounds burned out to me. And drama between Kubiak and Manning? Do you know who Kubiak is? He is one of the few guys in this entire league that has worked closely with 2 HOF QB's at the end of their career and helped them to get Super Bowl titles. He did this with Steve Young in his Super Bowl win and with John Elway. Both very big personalities that he worked just fine with. Plus we are talking one season. Maybe if this was a 5-year type deal yes I could see some friction as they both are great offensive minds but go about the game in different ways but in year one both are going to listen as they both have high respect for one another.

Also I find it funny that you diss my team's coaches when yours probably have more question marks than the ones for the Broncos. Kubiak and Phillips have both proven to be winners and great at what they do. Heck Phillips has had a top-10 defense almost every single year he has been a DC. Your DC is a guy who has never done the job before and worked for a team where they have lost DC's yet the defense keeps on going. Pretty much shows that their HC is the actual mastermind behind the defense. Also just to let you know Bronco fans have learned plenty of taking guys that worked on great teams but were under a great coach and seeing it implode very quickly as it became very clear that they had no clue what they were doing and were just riding the coat tails of the HC. JDR was well pretty darn average down in Jacksonville. He started out decent but the more the team actually became what he wanted the more the team failed.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burned out? How so? I mean his last defense he coached in Houston went from 32nd in the league to 1st the next year in yards given up. Yeah that really sounds burned out to me. And drama between Kubiak and Manning? Do you know who Kubiak is? He is one of the few guys in this entire league that has worked closely with 2 HOF QB's at the end of their career and helped them to get Super Bowl titles. He did this with Steve Young in his Super Bowl win and with John Elway. Both very big personalities that he worked just fine with. Plus we are talking one season. Maybe if this was a 5-year type deal yes I could see some friction as they both are great offensive minds but go about the game in different ways but in year one both are going to listen as they both have high respect for one another.

Also I find it funny that you diss my team's coaches when yours probably have more question marks than the ones for the Broncos. Kubiak and Phillips have both proven to be winners and great at what they do. Heck Phillips has had a top-10 defense almost every single year he has been a DC. Your DC is a guy who has never done the job before and worked for a team where they have lost DC's yet the defense keeps on going. Pretty much shows that their HC is the actual mastermind behind the defense. Also just to let you know Bronco fans have learned plenty of taking guys that worked on great teams but were under a great coach and seeing it implode very quickly as it became very clear that they had no clue what they were doing and were just riding the coat tails of the HC. JDR was well pretty darn average down in Jacksonville. He started out decent but the more the team actually became what he wanted the more the team failed.
Cmon cd no need to get mad, Im not dissing on anybody.. You on the other hand seem to take cheap shots at JDR every chance you get, whats up with that?? Anyways i stand by what i said..
For as GOOD as you say Phillips is you would think he would still be in one place?? Seems like the dude changes teams every other year, there is a reason for that!! He's not very good cd, but hey im looking through Raider glasses eh?? Kubiak is a strong minded person, its his way or no way.. His O became stale and easy to read with the Texans, and never wanted to change that's why they canned him.. I think him and PM wiill bump heads..
Soo cd?? Are you saying that Fox was the real mastermind behind your D?? Or was it JDR?? Cuz you blamed ALL your problems on JDR, and now we find out that Fox was the real mastermind??
To me both JDR and Kubiak are the same?? Both did good as first time HCs, both got fired, then both got gigs again and did pretty good.. Now both are HCs again!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon cd no need to get mad, Im not dissing on anybody.. You on the other hand seem to take cheap shots at JDR every chance you get, whats up with that?? Anyways i stand by what i said..
For as GOOD as you say Phillips is you would think he would still be in one place?? Seems like the dude changes teams every other year, there is a reason for that!! He's not very good cd, but hey im looking through Raider glasses eh?? Kubiak is a strong minded person, its his way or no way.. His O became stale and easy to read with the Texans, and never wanted to change that's why they canned him.. I think him and PM wiill bump heads..
Soo cd?? Are you saying that Fox was the real mastermind behind your D?? Or was it JDR?? Cuz you blamed ALL your problems on JDR, and now we find out that Fox was the real mastermind??
To me both JDR and Kubiak are the same?? Both did good as first time HCs, both got fired, then both got gigs again and did pretty good.. Now both are HCs again!!

How is saying Kubiak is "Meh" and Phillips' heart is no longer in the game not a diss? I guess we have different definitions. As for Phillips moving around most of his were him advancing each time or after he got fired from HC going back to DC.

As for my feelings towards Del Rio honestly I could not be happier that the guy is gone from Denver. The only other coach I have been more disappointed with in Broncos history is that of McDaniels. That is not a good group to be put with and I am not the only one that feels this way. His first year in Denver was his best. He was creative, he used players well, and the Broncos had a stud defense. It went downhill every year after that and ended with having over half the defense being Pro Bowl/All-Pro level players yet our defense only being ranked 16th! Let me say that again 16th!. When our offense is top-5 and putting up big points it should have given our defense a huge advantage to just tee off on teams yet it was the most boring defense I have ever seen. He refused to blitz, he refused to stunt, he refused to use our Pro Bowl Corners in press man even though both have shown they can play that at a very high level. He just misused so many players. Even though Manning was struggling at the end of the year I honestly blame our defense more and especially Del Rio for how our season closed out over the last month and a half. Maybe he makes a better Head Coach for you guys but honestly pretty much every Bronco fan I have talked to as soon as the Division game ended was saying Del Rio needed to be gone and gone in a hurry.

As for Fox being the mastermind I never said that? I said in Seattle Carroll has been the guy credited with creating such a great defense. His DC's have gone on to other places but obviously the team still remains the top defense in the league. So to me at this point KNJ has a lot to prove that he can actually make the switch to DC. He definitely has promise but a lot of guys have had that said about them. Heck like I said McDaniels when we hired him was the most sought after Coordinator in the entire league. Man did that suck and blow up in the Broncos faces.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is saying Kubiak is "Meh" and Phillips' heart is no longer in the game not a diss? I guess we have different definitions. As for Phillips moving around most of his were him advancing each time or after he got fired from HC going back to DC.

As for my feelings towards Del Rio honestly I could not be happier that the guy is gone from Denver. The only other coach I have been more disappointed with in Broncos history is that of McDaniels. That is not a good group to be put with and I am not the only one that feels this way. His first year in Denver was his best. He was creative, he used players well, and the Broncos had a stud defense. It went downhill every year after that and ended with having over half the defense being Pro Bowl/All-Pro level players yet our defense only being ranked 16th! Let me say that again 16th!. When our offense is top-5 and putting up big points it should have given our defense a huge advantage to just tee off on teams yet it was the most boring defense I have ever seen. He refused to blitz, he refused to stunt, he refused to use our Pro Bowl Corners in press man even though both have shown they can play that at a very high level. He just misused so many players. Even though Manning was struggling at the end of the year I honestly blame our defense more and especially Del Rio for how our season closed out over the last month and a half. Maybe he makes a better Head Coach for you guys but honestly pretty much every Bronco fan I have talked to as soon as the Division game ended was saying Del Rio needed to be gone and gone in a hurry.

As for Fox being the mastermind I never said that? I said in Seattle Carroll has been the guy credited with creating such a great defense. His DC's have gone on to other places but obviously the team still remains the top defense in the league. So to me at this point KNJ has a lot to prove that he can actually make the switch to DC. He definitely has promise but a lot of guys have had that said about them. Heck like I said McDaniels when we hired him was the most sought after Coordinator in the entire league. Man did that suck and blow up in the Broncos faces.
cd, im not trying to diss on Kubiak and Phillips, and if i am?? It's cuz you are forcing me too.. Don't bring out the hate in me man.. cd, we as fan bases are HAPPY when we fire coaching staffs that can't get it done..
Heck Texan Fan is Happy Kubiak and Phillips are gone!! They said the same Sheet about them that you are saying about JDR.. RAIDER FAN was the same way when the Jags hired Olson as their OC!! But that don't mean these dude's are going to suck with their new teams!! If that's the case?? Billicheat, Carrol, and a bunch of other coaches would not be in the league man..
JDR is a well respected coach around the league, that KNOWS how to coach players!! JDR has RESPECT from the league.. KNJ?? He played and learned from Jimmy Johnson man, then went to finish his training under Carrol for crying out loud!! And now he has YET another Great D mined coach to continue to learn from in JDR!! His passion for the game is 2nd to none!! I see him as a future HC!! The Raiders WILL be well coached this year!!
Gone are the days of the DAs and Hue type coaching!! Cap Hell, First round draft bust, trading all our draft picks, etc!! The Raiders are under NEW management..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, im not trying to diss on Kubiak and Phillips, and if i am?? It's cuz you are forcing me too.. Don't bring out the hate in me man.. cd, we as fan bases are HAPPY when we fire coaching staffs that can't get it done..
Heck Texan Fan is Happy Kubiak and Phillips are gone!! They said the same Sheet about them that you are saying about JDR.. RAIDER FAN was the same way when the Jags hired Olson as their OC!! But that don't mean these dude's are going to suck with their new teams!! If that's the case?? Billicheat, Carrol, and a bunch of other coaches would not be in the league man..
JDR is a well respected coach around the league, that KNOWS how to coach players!! JDR has RESPECT from the league.. KNJ?? He played and learned from Jimmy Johnson man, then went to finish his training under Carrol for crying out loud!! And now he has YET another Great D mined coach to continue to learn from in JDR!! His passion for the game is 2nd to none!! I see him as a future HC!! The Raiders WILL be well coached this year!!
Gone are the days of the DAs and Hue type coaching!! Cap Hell, First round draft bust, trading all our draft picks, etc!! The Raiders are under NEW management..

Sorry might have come across a little more strong than I wanted in that last post. Honestly the first two years with JDR I was very impressed with what he did. In 2012 the Broncos pretty much finished top-5 in every category under him. They came up short in the playoffs allowing 38 points but overall that was one of the best defenses the Broncos have had in a long time. In 2013 9 of the 11 starters went down with injury yet Del Rio held them together. They weren't great but they were not terrible either. Really my biggest beef with him is from this past season. Our defense should have been top-3 in every category with the talent that was on that unit yet they struggled in quite a few of the most important categories especially that of points scored. At times they looked unstoppable but other times they just got abused up and down the field. Players have said that they just were not motivated this past year and a part of that being the coaches had checked out. Players had stopped listening to what Del Rio had to say. It was time for him to leave. That doesn't mean he is a terrible coach but he was a terrible coach last year. He let the level of talent let him become lazy as a coach. He stopped blitzing, he stopped changing up schemes, and pretty much just decided his 11 were better than the other 11 so that was good enough.

Anyway like I said I apologize for coming off so hateful just was very very disappointed in a season the Broncos were predicted to win the Super Bowl that especially a coach like Del Rio could fail like he did. The other two coaches the Broncos fired I do not have that same feeling towards. I actually liked Fox and thought he was a nice calming presence after the whole McDaniels fiasco. I understand why the Broncos let him go but I have no ill will towards him. Same with Gase as he gave the Broncos that extra boost in creativity on offense that helped us become one of the greatest offenses the NFL has ever seen. I wish them both well in Chicago and will actually be cheering on the Bears.

As for other coaches we lost I didn't mind seeing McCoy go to the Chargers but I did mind when you guys took our DC. I didn't think he would be successful with you guys considering your cap situation and his just lack of experience but I liked what he was building and thought given a couple more years he could really distinguish himself as one of the best DC's in the game. I was also sad when we fired Shanahan. I thought the better move would have just been to take the GM duties away from him and just let him coach like we did during our Super Bowl years. Really honestly the only coaches that I have just been flat out excited to see go were McDaniels and Del Rio.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idaho and CD, I'd almost be willing to pay to fly you both out to my place to watch a Raider/Bronco game....you two are great on this thread!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry might have come across a little more strong than I wanted in that last post. Honestly the first two years with JDR I was very impressed with what he did. In 2012 the Broncos pretty much finished top-5 in every category under him. They came up short in the playoffs allowing 38 points but overall that was one of the best defenses the Broncos have had in a long time. In 2013 9 of the 11 starters went down with injury yet Del Rio held them together. They weren't great but they were not terrible either. Really my biggest beef with him is from this past season. Our defense should have been top-3 in every category with the talent that was on that unit yet they struggled in quite a few of the most important categories especially that of points scored. At times they looked unstoppable but other times they just got abused up and down the field. Players have said that they just were not motivated this past year and a part of that being the coaches had checked out. Players had stopped listening to what Del Rio had to say. It was time for him to leave. That doesn't mean he is a terrible coach but he was a terrible coach last year. He let the level of talent let him become lazy as a coach. He stopped blitzing, he stopped changing up schemes, and pretty much just decided his 11 were better than the other 11 so that was good enough.

Anyway like I said I apologize for coming off so hateful just was very very disappointed in a season the Broncos were predicted to win the Super Bowl that especially a coach like Del Rio could fail like he did. The other two coaches the Broncos fired I do not have that same feeling towards. I actually liked Fox and thought he was a nice calming presence after the whole McDaniels fiasco. I understand why the Broncos let him go but I have no ill will towards him. Same with Gase as he gave the Broncos that extra boost in creativity on offense that helped us become one of the greatest offenses the NFL has ever seen. I wish them both well in Chicago and will actually be cheering on the Bears.

As for other coaches we lost I didn't mind seeing McCoy go to the Chargers but I did mind when you guys took our DC. I didn't think he would be successful with you guys considering your cap situation and his just lack of experience but I liked what he was building and thought given a couple more years he could really distinguish himself as one of the best DC's in the game. I was also sad when we fired Shanahan. I thought the better move would have just been to take the GM duties away from him and just let him coach like we did during our Super Bowl years. Really honestly the only coaches that I have just been flat out excited to see go were McDaniels and Del Rio.
No need to trip dude, its all good.. Raider Fan and Bronco Fan debating?? Ya know some hate will pop out..
Just don't bring out the Jedi troll in me.. lol..
Dude you put to much blame on JDR, when in fact that blame should go to Fox.. He is the Head Man, and the buck stops with him.. A great HC would tell his DC or OC?? Hey!! Clean that sheet up!! And yet what did Fox do?? Maybe NOT winning the SB was not the coaches fault but the PLAYER?? Hmmmmm

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You two should get on Mike and Mike on ESPN in the mornings.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You two should get on Mike and Mike on ESPN in the mornings.
That would be fun.. But ESPN hates the Raiders!! They just don't get it on that Network.. I would be selling Silver and Black all day long if i was them..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i tune into NFLN to see some Raider Practice, as they have been hyping it up!! So the first hour passes and NO RAIDERS, AND YET that ticker on the side shows LIVE at Raiders camp!! So im thinking they start the 2nd hour with the Raiders?? NOPE!! Wow SUCH Disrespect for a team with a TRUE Global Fanbase!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOOO, Carr looking like a franchise QB eh?? Dropping dimes that only elite QBs make!! Coop breaking ankles, and Crabtree looking like the Texas Tech Crabtree!! Explosive!! Murray and ROOKIE DYER beasting!! The young DBs ball hawking going against Coop and Crabtree and the rest of the Boyz, Rivera looking sweet, and Lee is a monster in the RUN game, with Walford YET to play!! And Mack Attack just can't be blocked!! With a coaching staff on them!!
NICE!! This team is full of puppies, with a future yet to be made..
Oh so Reggie says he might go after Tony McDaniel eh?? Baller!! And we have money to BURN!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOOO, Carr looking like a franchise QB eh?? Dropping dimes that only elite QBs make!! Coop breaking ankles, and Crabtree looking like the Texas Tech Crabtree!! Explosive!! Murray and ROOKIE DYER beasting!! The young DBs ball hawking going against Coop and Crabtree and the rest of the Boyz, Rivera looking sweet, and Lee is a monster in the RUN game, with Walford YET to play!! And Mack Attack just can't be blocked!! With a coaching staff on them!!
NICE!! This team is full of puppies, with a future yet to be made..
Oh so Reggie says he might go after Tony McDaniel eh?? Baller!! And we have money to BURN!!
This young Raider team is going at it at practice!! Like young Lions fighting over a pride!! They HUNGRY!! VERY HUNGRY!! They don't know the pass, just the now..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Amari Cooper is going to be SICK IMO!! If Carr comes through?? I don't care what D we play!! We will put points on them!! To many weapons!! Reggie is like?? Have you seen the team now?? It's BIG, STRONG, AND FAST on both sides of the ball!! With very good coaches coaching them..
Reggie is a freaking Beast!! But again, this is a young team so mistakes will be made!! One thing is for sure?? This team is going to BRING IT every game WIN or Lose!! Draft Picks and Key young FAs are now headlining this team.. Yup Yup.. Oh my BAD!! Shout out to CWOOD, TUCK, SEABASS, CONDO, AND PENN!! The Vets!! And heart of the team!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo, ESPN is going to show the RAIDERS some love eh?? Hmmmm!! Do a good job, and get some Cred back!!
Oh, I want to say hello to the eye candy ESPN has!! Paint that Silver and Black on baby!!
Anyways, let's see what Carr and the team looks like??

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so the general consensus is that Oakland is back on track. Last year I didn't have all that much hope before the season but I'm getting pretty excited for this one. Just how good do we think the Raiders can be, tho? I'm guessing 7-8 wins this year which is an improvement but the biggest improvement I believe we will see is how competitive they will be in every game. Here's the schedule:

Vs. Cincy- this game, at home, is a toss up to me
Vs. Baltimore- tough game. Ravens always have a good D and Flacco should have an improved year.
@ Cleveland- Oakland should win this one with the state the Browns are in but man, do they struggle against Cleveland lately. Being from Ohio, I have to hear about it a lot.
@ Chicago- Raiders just might pull this one out on the road.
Vs Denver- I don't see us beating the damn Donkeys either time this year. Manning's last year and then it is our turn.
@ San Diego- I think we split with the Bolts this year
Vs New York Jets- this should be a W
@ Pittsburgh- as much as the Raiders have struggled against Cleveland lately, they have surprised against Pittsburgh. Steelers should win this one, but ya never know.
Vs Minnesota- Another one I think we should win.
@ Detroit- Tough game. Would have loved to see Charles in his prime take on Megatron.
@ Tennessee- Foreseeing another W here.
Vs Kansas City- another in conference split
@ Denver- like I said earlier, one more year.
Vs Green Bay- don't see this happening
Vs San Diego- see earlier about the Bolts.
@ Kansas City- capable of winning either game but only see us winning one.

Another tough schedule, not quite as bad as last year but still a tough draw for a team coming off a 3 win season. I see the ceiling at 9 wins with the bottom at 6. One more good offseason and we should be competing for a playoff spot next year. Although, I won't be upset if they surprise me and sneak into a Wild Card this year.

I too see OAK on the climb.

The young players are getting some good experience and should play a little faster...of course it all depends on Carr taking the next step, but he seems to be the real deal in the few games I saw him play LY.

In terms of records...I agree the ceiling is probably 9 wins...starting with 3 straight AFCN teams huh, interesting...to throw out a number today...8-8.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man i can't wait to see The Raiders play!! The team LOOKS good, so they say!! Silver and Black is going to take it to teams this year.. The Raiders have a big nasty D, with Tall Corners!! Ball Hawk them, and HIT them hard!!
Make them remember you.. Pound the rock, then let CARR dice them up!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raider DBs are not backing down from Carr, Coop, Crabs, etc.. Nice!! That's what i want to see..
The coaching is very good.. And that is where it starts.. Skill means Nada if you don't know how to use it..