• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Qualifications for making the College Football Playoff

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts are facts dipshit.

It is a pure FACT that right now conf champions are crowned on imbalanced schedules. The teams competing in each division do not play the same schedule they are graded against. It is a fact and one that entirely destroys the validity of claiming it somehow creates a more fair and balanced approach. It is a pure deathnail.

It is also a FACT that no two conference are setup the same in their approach to conference schedules, although the Pac and B1G are more similar than what the B12 or SEC do. You want them to all be considered equal for post season comparison and there isn't much they have in common.

These, and many more have been brought up over and over and your ONLY response to any of them amounts to sticking your fingers in your ears and pretending they don't exist. You have no debate because there isn't a rational one that can be had.

Without throwing out teams and making everyone go back to 10 team leagues where everyone plays everyone else there is no rational format for claiming conference champions have any merit toward post season auto seeding. And really no one without their heads up their ass fails to see how obvious it is.
I get you enjoy debating but in the end your foundation. Is rooted in opinion and semantics. You're stance on the topic parallels the opinion system they use now. That is rooted in a political format.The new guys are using logic and math which is fact. The reasons that have been given against have been easily debunked. I have yet to see a fact that can refute expansion and a set qualification system. Which reduces the human influence and puts it n the field. I'still not seeing data nor will I see data. When you veer off topic thats just confirming my facts. Unless I see actual facts based on math and logic. About the best I could do. Is respond by copying and pasting the facts that have yet to be refuted if you would like.Sloopy is spot on his math and logic is sound

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get you enjoy debating but in the end your foundation. Is rooted in opinion and semantics. You're stance on the topic parallels the opinion system they use now. That is rooted in a political format.The new guys are using logic and math which is fact. The reasons that have been given against have been easily debunked. I have yet to see a fact that can refute expansion and a set qualification system. Which reduces the human influence and puts it n the field. I'still not seeing data nor will I see data. When you veer off topic thats just confirming my facts. Unless I see actual facts based on math and logic. About the best I could do. Is respond by copying and pasting the facts that have yet to be refuted if you would like.Sloopy is spot on his math and logic is sound
And you proved it once again. You keep saying no one gives you facts and when they keep it simple and give you just two so you aren't as confused, you again claim they are opinions and ramble on. Why? Because you can't possibly counter the cold hard truths.

Putting people into a playoff based off imbalanced and downright unfair schedules does not improve anything.

USC skipped UW and Oregon this year in the Pac, while Utah skipped Oregon State and Cal. And those wildly different schedules are even worse in the SEC where 14 teams play an 8 game conf slate. In your world a win against Bama counts the same as a win against Vandy and it doesn't matter how imbalanced that schedule is, somehow it is better than a committee.

The readers who have viewed the material we have presented and aren't blinded by their frustrations have seen the light and accept now that auto bids simply cannot work with the conference structure and format used to crown champions of them as they exist today. It would require massive and sweeping reform to make work and I see no way you are going to find those conferences willing to dump the teams they would have to in order to bring balance.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you proved it once again. You keep saying no one gives you facts and when they keep it simple and give you just two so you aren't as confused, you again claim they are opinions and ramble on. Why? Because you can't possibly counter the cold hard truths.

Putting people into a playoff based off imbalanced and downright unfair schedules does not improve anything.

USC skipped UW and Oregon this year in the Pac, while Utah skipped Oregon State and Cal. And those wildly different schedules are even worse in the SEC where 14 teams play an 8 game conf slate. In your world a win against Bama counts the same as a win against Vandy and it doesn't matter how imbalanced that schedule is, somehow it is better than a committee.

The readers who have viewed the material we have presented and aren't blinded by their frustrations have seen the light and accept now that auto bids simply cannot work with the conference structure and format used to crown champions of them as they exist today. It would require massive and sweeping reform to make work and I see no way you are going to find those conferences willing to dump the teams they would have to in order to bring balance.
No facts to dispute it.veering off topic. Nothing of substance like you were provided.Thank you for confirming there the need for expansion and actual criteria again :suds:

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts are better than opinions when it comes to determining playoff teams.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No facts to dispute it.veering off topic. Nothing of substance like you were provided.Thank you for confirming there the need for expansion and actual criteria again :suds:
So it's veering off topic to discuss how exactly we crown conference champions when you are discussing using them to automatically seed a post season tournament? :noidea:
:burt:

No, it's entirely the point you keep skipping because your house of cards collapses under the weight of the facts.

Just taking the Pac12. Each division only plays 5 of their 9 in common. The other 4 vary for ALL 6 of their division rivals. That's just under 50% of the whole slate that isn't the same. Yet you want whoever wins the most of those 9 to be division champs and represent a chance at the playoffs. You claim this is needed because the current format isn't fair. Crowning champions on entirely imbalanced schedules and using that instead seems more fair to you. It's completely nuts.

Once again, you cannot discuss the actual merits and ramifications of going to an auto bid because you have nothing to bring against those current facts. Not one thing. You haven't ever been able to address it, you aren't here, and you never will. It will be more nanny nanny boo boo defense because that's 100% all you've ever been about.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, you cannot discuss the actual merits and ramifications of going to an auto bid .
I'll just trim that down for you and go off the portion that pertains to the topic

1) Its not an auto bid its an auto bid with a fail safe

2) It reduces the human influence from the system. While raising the impact and meaning of the games played on the field

3) By adding teams and using a set criteria you are reducing the effect of conference formats. As well as the question marks that have surrounded the play offs under its current format. Which is displayed in the match ups provided

4) It increases the quality of the play offs. By increasing the competition level.And giving us a champion with significantly less question marks. A true champion

5)It creates more meaningful games during bowl season. Higher quality football

This are just 5 "merits"

The lack of merits and flaws have already been posted earlier and in detail in this thread and multiple threads. You know the facts you cant refute......I prefer football not beauty pageants.

I cant see why anyone wouldn't want the best possible product.And a champion crowned on the field. As opposed to a champion determined by the opinion of a committee. Or formula that functions off a foundation that lacks a functional gauge

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just trim that down for you and go off the portion that pertains to the topic

1) Its not an auto bid its an auto bid with a fail safe

2) It reduces the human influence from the system. While raising the impact and meaning of the games played on the field

3) By adding teams and using a set criteria you are reducing the effect of conference formats. As well as the question marks that have surrounded the play offs under its current format. Which is displayed in the match ups provided

4) It increases the quality of the play offs. By increasing the competition level.And giving us a champion with significantly less question marks. A true champion

5)It creates more meaningful games during bowl season. Higher quality football

This are just 5 "merits"

The lack of merits and flaws have already been posted earlier and in detail in this thread and multiple threads. You know the facts you cant refute......I prefer football not beauty pageants.

I cant see why anyone wouldn't want the best possible product.And a champion crowned on the field. As opposed to a champion determined by the opinion of a committee. Or formula that functions off a foundation that lacks a functional gauge
So again you can ONLY discuss your OPINIONS and cannot answer to the truth about how we select conference champions. You want desperately to suggest it doesn't matter how we pick those now, because you have no answer about how imbalanced it is and how it destroys everything else your bullshit is built around. Not one fact in your favor. And that's really hard to do. Not one. Spin more bullshit though. A new class of posers looking to educate themselves on the lie of auto bids will ultimately benefit from it so keep up the bad work. :thumb:

The truth is you cannot use conference championships to seed anything unless, and until you have balance within them. Period. Stop. Discussion ends right there. Without that, it's a non starter. SEC teams play 6 common opponents, two entirely different among each other in the rest of their division, and don't play 5 others. That's called fucked up imbalance. If you don't address that using their champion is a complete and utter joke.

We will save educating the others on why ignoring OOC games from now on and turning them into exhibition games harms the sport and just stick to the main points now of how stupid using imbalanced schedules to claim some sort of fairness in seeding is.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So again you can ONLY discuss your OPINIONS and cannot answer to the truth about how we select conference champions. You want desperately to suggest it doesn't matter how we pick those now, because you have no answer about how imbalanced it is and how it destroys everything else your bullshit is built around. Not one fact in your favor. And that's really hard to do. Not one. Spin more bullshit though. A new class of posers looking to educate themselves on the lie of auto bids will ultimately benefit from it so keep up the bad work. :thumb:

The truth is you cannot use conference championships to seed anything unless, and until you have balance within them. Period. Stop. Discussion ends right there. Without that, it's a non starter. SEC teams play 6 common opponents, two entirely different among each other in the rest of their division, and don't play 5 others. That's called fucked up imbalance. If you don't address that using their champion is a complete and utter joke.

We will save educating the others on why ignoring OOC games from now on and turning them into exhibition games harms the sport and just stick to the main points now of how stupid using imbalanced schedules to claim some sort of fairness in seeding is.
Did you not read the part where I said the facts have been stated earlier in this thread and in multiple threads. Including the disparities in OOC games. i.e. Labama compared to OSU's OOC last year etc....I can copy and paste them for you and save time if you would like :noidea:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not read the part where I said the facts have been stated earlier in this thread and in multiple threads. Including the disparities in OOC games. i.e. Labama compared to OSU's OOC last year etc....I can copy and paste them for you and save time if you would like :noidea:
No, there's no need to continue to spew your nonsense. You stated your opinions and once again failed entirely to address the facts that make auto bids based off today's conference structures moot.

It is an opinion, not a fact that anything is 'wrong' with our current system. Period. Your views of right/wrong do not ever equate to a fact. This is where you keep stepping on your own dick.

There is, however, no debating that the conference championships are based off unequal schedules. That isn't opinion, it is a measurable fact. This is why you won't answer to it, because you can't spin a true fact. And rewarding teams that get 'lucky' and miss the top teams from the other division doesn't improve on our existing system. That is an opinion and one based on sounds facts and logic.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, there's no need to continue to spew your nonsense. You stated your opinions and once again failed entirely to address the facts that make auto bids based off today's conference structures moot.

It is an opinion, not a fact that anything is 'wrong' with our current system. Period. Your views of right/wrong do not ever equate to a fact. This is where you keep stepping on your own dick.

There is, however, no debating that the conference championships are based off unequal schedules. That isn't opinion, it is a measurable fact. This is why you won't answer to it, because you can't spin a true fact. And rewarding teams that get 'lucky' and miss the top teams from the other division doesn't improve on our existing system. That is an opinion and one based on sounds facts and logic.
I'mnot wasting time. The flaws have been pointed out in multiple threads. And theres not going to be a factual rebuttal against it. We've been through this. About all I can do is copy and paste.....The flaws in the current system are undeniable. If you truly want an actual champion they would need to go 6 and use valid qualifications

Completely agree. Without a standardized schedule. There is no real platform for comparison. This is why a computer system or committee will never work. And why I don't buy the 2 loss excuse. Common logic says a team is more likely to lose a game or be "blown out" by another conference team. Than a team losing to an FCS team. Because they run a format that allows them to schedule 2 G5s and a late season FCS game. The format also effects conference win loss differentials. You cant depend on polls whether it be the AP,Coaches or Committee. Too much room for human error. Or a computer which is based on a program. Especially when you have no consistent foundation to work with. If the goal is a true champion. They need to go 6 minimum and use a qualification system that reduces the human factor. And putts game on the field where it belongs

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'mnot wasting time. The flaws have been pointed out in multiple threads. And theres not going to be a factual rebuttal against it. We've been through this. About all I can do is copy and paste.....The flaws in the current system are undeniable. If you truly want an actual champion they would need to go 6 and use valid qualifications

Completely agree. Without a standardized schedule. There is no real platform for comparison. This is why a computer system or committee will never work. And why I don't buy the 2 loss excuse. Common logic says a team is more likely to lose a game or be "blown out" by another conference team. Than a team losing to an FCS team. Because they run a format that allows them to schedule 2 G5s and a late season FCS game. The format also effects conference win loss differentials. You cant depend on polls whether it be the AP,Coaches or Committee. Too much room for human error. Or a computer which is based on a program. Especially when you have no consistent foundation to work with. If the goal is a true champion. They need to go 6 minimum and use a qualification system that reduces the human factor. And putts game on the field where it belongs
More lies and stupidity. :L

No, there hasn't been a single fact about our existing system in your nonsense. It isn't a fact because not only do you not have the support of everyone, you don't have a majority that even agrees with it. When you can have large bodies of people that dispute your views, you are in fact not stating 'facts'. You can keep claiming some hollow victory because that's all you've ever done on this site so why stop now? We will keep pointing out your flaws, lies, spin, and utter lack of basic football understanding.

Oh, and Merry Christmas / happy holidays.

:suds:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More lies and stupidity. :L

No, there hasn't been a single fact about our existing system in your nonsense. It isn't a fact because not only do you not have the support of everyone, you don't have a majority that even agrees with it. When you can have large bodies of people that dispute your views, you are in fact not stating 'facts'. You can keep claiming some hollow victory because that's all you've ever done on this site so why stop now? We will keep pointing out your flaws, lies, spin, and utter lack of basic football understanding.

Oh, and Merry Christmas / happy holidays.

:suds:
Yes there is absolutely no difference between playing an 8 game schedule. 1 neutral site sub par P5 team. 2 G5 teams and an FCS team in November and finishing 3rd in your conference.

And playing 9 game conference schedule.AnOOC shekel that consists of a home and home against a top tier team another P5 and 1 G5. While playing an extra game and wining a conference championship.......

We can run through the entire dynamics and all the flaws for the 100th time.All the question marks. Its easier to just copy and paste it for you tho. Going over facts you cant refute repeatedly is just wasting my time

You can believe its not flawed. Or ignore the flaws because you like the debates rather than teams qualifying based on opinion.if it makes you feel better tho :noidea: But I prefer actual logic and a consistent system based o merit

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes there is absolutely no difference between playing an 8 game schedule. 1 neutral site sub par P5 team. 2 G5 teams and an FCS team in November and finishing 3rd in your conference.

And playing 9 game conference schedule.AnOOC shekel that consists of a home and home against a top tier team another P5 and 1 G5. While playing an extra game and wining a conference championship.......

We can run through the entire dynamics and all the flaws for the 100th time.All the question marks. Its easier to just copy and paste it for you tho. Going over facts you cant refute repeatedly is just wasting my time

You can believe its not flawed. Or ignore the flaws because you like the debates rather than teams qualifying based on opinion.if it makes you feel better tho :noidea: But I prefer actual logic and a consistent system based o merit
None of that changes when you do auto bids you utter retard. :lol: None of it. Well, except you kill the need to schedule good OOC since those no longer apply to the post season at all.

Instead, you want the entire post season to be based off the SEC playing only 8 of the games in conference. 4 now mean literally nothing. They all miss playing 5 of their own conference, and none miss the same 5 so you want that imbalanced sham to mean something toward a playoff. Pac plays 5 against common division teams, and then the other 4 are entirely different. Add in 3 OOC games that now have no consequence to either help you get in, or show your weakness. They simply don't apply.

Yes, we've seen your drivel over and over and you can't answer to the seriously bad flaws in using imbalanced schedules and throwing out up to 33% of a teams games to even count toward the post season. You can't address. You won't address it. All you will do is spew more nonsense over and over and over again until once again we grow tired of responding to it and you use that to try and claim some hollow victory. This has been played out over and over for years.

There will never come a day when you will carry on a conversation about how we crown conference champions and why they shouldn't be used for auto bids until they make them balanced again, like we had back in the 80's and some into the 90's. The mega conferences killed your desired use of them and you simply aren't going to ever deal with that reality.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that changes when you do auto bids you utter retard. :lol: None of it. Well, except you kill the need to schedule good OOC since those no longer apply to the post season at all.

Instead, you want the entire post season to be based off the SEC playing only 8 of the games in conference. 4 now mean literally nothing. They all miss playing 5 of their own conference, and none miss the same 5 so you want that imbalanced sham to mean something toward a playoff. Pac plays 5 against common division teams, and then the other 4 are entirely different. Add in 3 OOC games that now have no consequence to either help you get in, or show your weakness. They simply don't apply.

Yes, we've seen your drivel over and over and you can't answer to the seriously bad flaws in using imbalanced schedules and throwing out up to 33% of a teams games to even count toward the post season. You can't address. You won't address it. All you will do is spew more nonsense over and over and over again until once again we grow tired of responding to it and you use that to try and claim some hollow victory. This has been played out over and over for years.

There will never come a day when you will carry on a conversation about how we crown conference champions and why they shouldn't be used for auto bids until they make them balanced again, like we had back in the 80's and some into the 90's. The mega conferences killed your desired use of them and you simply aren't going to ever deal with that reality.
Tbh i really haven't read anything you've written basically skimmed it. We've had this conversation before and i'm busy. I will be happy to go over the excuses against expansiion and a set criteria. And break down the facts regarding why they need expansion and a set criteria. In detail for you one more time . As soon as i'm freed up

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it'll take the new people long to figure out he's gonna repeat the same shit over and over no matter what anyone says to him.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tbh i really haven't read anything you've written basically skimmed it. We've had this conversation before and i'm busy. I will be happy to go over the excuses against expansiion and a set criteria. And break down the facts regarding why they need expansion and a set criteria. In detail for you one more time . As soon as i'm freed up
Sure, no problem. However, this time start out telling us how imbalanced conference schedules leading to a crowned champion is fair. Start there since I'll direct you back to it again anyway and it's something you haven't ever once addressed. I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat for that reply. :dhd:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it'll take the new people long to figure out he's gonna repeat the same shit over and over no matter what anyone says to him.
He already suckered one of them into his web and had him spun up, but one I don't have a lot of high hopes for rational discussion anyway. It will be interesting to see how many of their rank were already onboard with auto bids and if any of them are willing to actually discuss the ramifications of that format.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, no problem. However, this time start out telling us how imbalanced conference schedules leading to a crowned champion is fair. Start there since I'll direct you back to it again anyway and it's something you haven't ever once addressed. I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat for that reply. :dhd:
I think you know it runs much deeper tan that.....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you know it runs much deeper tan that.....
Okay, so go deeper AFTER starting there. When there are major areas you simply will not speak to that are entirely directly related to how we are selecting conference champions it says a lot about how dead your idea already is.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so go deeper AFTER starting there. When there are major areas you simply will not speak to that are entirely directly related to how we are selecting conference champions it says a lot about how dead your idea already is.
Why waste my time?If you cant stay on the topic of college football.And want to talk about spiders unless you're talking about the Richmond Spiders. You've already proven my point.Should you decide you would liketo talk about college football. Then I will get back to you.