• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Qualifications for making the College Football Playoff

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There would be no auto seeding. What I was referring to would be expanding to 6 - 8 teams. And using auto bids with a fail safe. A team would be in the play offs if they win their conference as long as they donthave 2 losses. In which case that spot would become an extra at larger bid if necessary. Until this year no team in the "discussion has had more than 2 loses.

Part of the problem with the current system is there are two different formats. Some play a 9 game schedule with 3 OOC games. While some play an 8 game schedule with 4 OOC games. By playing an 8 game schedule it has a direct effect on conference win loss record. An 8 game Conference schedule avoids one guaranteed loss which is distributed throughout the conference. In a lot of cases they pad a win with an extra FCS team while playing 2 G5s. Which manipulates the numbers from conference W/L to team W/L down to Bowl eligibility. Basically giving the illusion of a higher SOS or stronger conference.

The committee has also disregarded conference championships. Which is an extra game and much more difficult to accomplish. These two components are why the 2 loss argument under the committee format is a asinine. An team that went 11-2 while playing higher competition and an extra game while winning a conference championship. Is better than a team that went 11-1 while shifting a guaranteed conference loss with a padded win and finishing 3rd in their conference.

You cant compare two teams that play different conference formats. And a different amount of games. Thats working with uneven numbers. Nor should one rely on an a system based on human opinion. Which has already shown multiple inconstancies.Rather that basing qualification on fact you cant debate earning it on the field with a set standard.

These are facts that just cant be refuted. Not opinions,politics or debate.

We also already went through the watered down schedules. The teams missing the play offs are playing 2 P5s and a G5 OOC 3 P5s including that 9th conference game.. While the teams qualifying are playing 1 P5 generally neutral site 2 G5's nd a late FCS team. By utilizing a committee that has set this president. You will see ore teams watering down their regular season schedules and less CCG's. In order to follow the mold the committee is setting. Which means more bad football.

We've been through every scenario and ithis discussion always ends the same. People who do not want expansion have no facts to refute it. Just opinion and excuses that are easily debunked. And people that want expansion and guidelines who base their stance in facts and logic.

Another good one is they don't want to risk player safety. Yet they play games in snow :think:

I prefer fact over opinion right now its really just a participation trophy

I'm with you about favoring fact over opinion and do think greater uniformity when it comes to leagues games and OOC games played would be good. If it were up to me, I'd have all FBS teams play 12 regular season games versus FBS competition only, teams place according to my point system concept, and the top 8 teams advance or the top six league champions plus two wildcards. That said, I agree with many of the problems you point out. I want expansion and rules to determine playoff teams and seeds and not opinion that rewards identity and perception.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And UW had two conf losses this year. In your world OOC games don't count so therefor they are still in. You may need to rethink how you word this bullshit failsafe of yours.

So you agree shit is all over the fucking place in conference schedules... but now want to make 100% of the criteria to get into the playoffs purely off that bullshit you describe above? :L That's insanity. It truely is.

Bullshit. The committee has not disregarded conf champions. This is one of those insane lies you keep telling. Expand things to 6 right now with nothing but the committee and in the first 4 years 22 of 24 teams would have been the same as with your auto bid. By definition that means they do very much still give solid credit to them. When you have only 4 now it isn't possible to give them all a spot. You incorrectly use this as an excuse to say they are ignored. The facts do not support this.

But do you we can compare those two teams that play different conference formats once you place them automatically in a playoff. You want to place them despite 4 of those not playing a balanced schedule and instead rely on 'luck of the draw' to decide who skips which tougher conf opponents and somehow find that more fair. :L Dumb.

Schedules get a lot more watered down once you get your way and OOC games become exhibition matches that mean nothing except for one wild card team, maybe. You destroy 1/3 of SEC played games and render them meaningless. It doesn't get more watered down than that. You want to destroy college football as we know it.

More bullshit lies. The one willing to have a discussion and not stick their head up thier ass admitted there were real substantial issues. Because anyone being rational HAS to conclude your format does damage to the game, even if they are still attracted to the idea behind it. This application is just pure shit.

Here comes another 20 pages of the same bullshit. At least the noobs are getting an introduction to clarky 101.
And Udubs made the play offs when they played a soft OOC......
Alabama made the play offs with a soft OOC while finishing 3rd in their conference. You can make excuses. Honestly I'm not going to read opinion.

I'm willing to bet you would say Oregons OOC was terrible this year. mamas was just as bad. Its just shifted to make it look pretty.

Im not debating opinion. The committees presidents are fact. And that is why "your way" will lead to teams playing softer schedules. To fit the criteria being used. If you want a true champion 6-8 point blank. reduce the room for human error. May work for you but I'm a fan of football not politics. And I do not want to see politics and schedule manipulation kill great match up or water down the sport

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you about favoring fact over opinion and do think greater uniformity when it comes to leagues games and OOC games played would be good. If it were up to me, I'd have all FBS teams play 12 regular season games versus FBS competition only, teams place according to my point system concept, and the top 8 teams advance or the top six league champions plus two wildcards. That said, I agree with many of the problems you point out. I want expansion and rules to determine playoff teams and seeds and not opinion that rewards identity and perception.
I agree.Ther'es a better method than what they use now. Regardless of format they need to expand and find a system that relies more on the game on the field. Than opinions off the field. Be careful using the word uniformity last time I used it @WizardHawk told me that wasn't a word :L

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Udubs made the play offs when they played a soft OOC......
Alabama made the play offs with a soft OOC while finishing 3rd in their conference. You can make excuses. Honestly I'm not going to read opinion.

I'm willing to bet you would say Oregons OOC was terrible this year. mamas was just as bad. Its just shifted to make it look pretty.

Im not debating opinion. The committees presidents are fact. And that is why "your way" will lead to teams playing softer schedules. To fit the criteria being used. If you want a true champion 6-8 point blank. reduce the room for human error. May work for you but I'm a fan of football not politics. And I do not want to see politics and schedule manipulation kill great match up or water down the sport
Hey dumbass. I said UW's OOC the year they got in was trash. Actually said it in this god damned thread a page ago.

Your format doesn't fix that. It makes it worse. Period. 5+1 is a fucking horrible idea if you want OOC games worth a piss. They are meaningless toward conf championships.

THAT is what waters down the sport. How you aren't seeing that is beyond me. Normal people see it clearly.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.Ther'es a better method than what they use now. Regardless of format they need to expand and find a system that relies more on the game on the field. Than opinions off the field. Be careful using the word uniformity last time I used it @WizardHawk told me that wasn't a word :L
Another lie. I haven't ever said uniformity isn't an actual word. Prove that shit. You can't actually back up your stupid plan so you resort to making things up to change the subject. Show us where that happened...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another lie. I haven't ever said uniformity isn't an actual word. Prove that shit. You can't actually back up your stupid plan so you resort to making things up to change the subject. Show us where that happened...
I have when we have discussed this topic before you claimed uniformity is not a word....When I was discussing the lack of uniformity in conferences

I don't care about conferences,tie ins or any of the other stuff when it comes to the playoffs or college football in general. The play offs were a good start. But as i've already told you with any new system there will be flaws. To reach its full potential those flaws must be corrected.

Based on the play offs to this point. Theres an obvious need for expansion. Its not hard to see theres a need for 6 easy. And its quite easy to fill those 6 spots while removing all the question marks we have seen. Ohio State,Penn State,TCU,Baylor,UCF.....

Its also clear the committee method doesn't work due to the inconsistencies. Or thither presidents are rewarding the teams that play weaker schedules. While teams that risk a more difficult schedule and earn it alert out. They have removed the meaning from CCG's.

This is what leads to teams playing softer schedules. Simple logic dictates schools will start using the format that suits the committees "standard". And follow the trend that is getting teams in.Which leads to some really watered down OOC's. I would rather see a high quality regular season. And a much more competitive meaningful play offs.As a college football fan I want the best possible product. Right now they're heading backwards

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have when we have discussed this topic before you claimed uniformity is not a word....
That's a lie. Prove it happened. I haven't ever claimed that isn't a real world. Uniformity doesn't exist within college football, but that's not the same thing as saying it isn't an actual word.

That never happened. You would have easily posted a link that the word exists.

You once again are making shit up to distract because you got put back in your place again and cannot stay on topic.

I'll give you my avi for a full month if you can find me saying that word isn't real. And I get yours if you can't produce that by Christmas. Deal? you fucking fraud.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lie. Prove it happened. I haven't ever claimed that isn't a real world. Uniformity doesn't exist within college football, but that's not the same thing as saying it isn't an actual word.

That never happened. You would have easily posted a link that the word exists.

You once again are making shit up to distract because you got put back in your place again and cannot stay on topic.

I'll give you my avi for a full month if you can find me saying that word isn't real. And I get yours if you can't produce that by Christmas. Deal? you fucking fraud.
If I bump it you'll wear an avy for a month?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, we all know how this will end. You will try to find some quote where I said we don't have uniformity and claim I had to have meant the word wasn't real because you will once again try to welsh on the bet. You haven't ever manned up before and I don't expect you to now.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, we all know how this will end. You will try to find some quote where I said we don't have uniformity and claim I had to have meant the word wasn't real because you will once again try to welsh on the bet. You haven't ever manned up before and I don't expect you to now.
Oh no it was actually a direct quote where you highlighted the word. To be fair i wasn't actually knocking you . It was meant in humor. There are many definitions f the word uniform. I just found it amusing because I was using it in its proper context during the discussion.

Definition of UNIFORM

You don't have to wear an avy tho Tis the season :suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nailed it. :L

There isn't a single person alive that would agree I said uniformity isn't a word based off that post. Total and complete lie and more fraud.

Called it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by all rights I should get your avatar. You failed to show where I said uniformity wasn't a real word.

What you produced was me saying YOU have no idea what a uniform schedule is. There isn't any part of that claiming the word 'uniformity' isn't actually a real word.

But we know you won't be man enough to take responsibility for your derp.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by all rights I should get your avatar. You failed to show where I said uniformity wasn't a real word.

What you produced was me saying YOU have no idea what a uniform schedule is. There isn't any part of that claiming the word 'uniformity' isn't actually a real word.

But we know you won't be man enough to take responsibility for your derp.
A) If you want to be literal you said if i could prove it I could pick you're avy and i would be a fraud.Never said you could choose mine

B) I did prove I gave you the direct link where you bolded the word. And acted as tho it did not exist.....

I remembered actually thought it was funny when you didnt understand its context

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) If you want to be literal you said if i could prove it I could pick you're avy and i would be a fraud.Never said you could choose mine

B) I did prove it as you highlighted the word. And acted as tho it did not exist.....

I remembered actually thought it was funny when you didnt understand its context
:L I posted a pic that said the word doesn't mean what you think it does and then went on to explain how your claim that this system you keep pimping is going to make things uniformed does nothing of the sort based off how imbalanced the conf slates are.

That isn't even remotely close to saying uniform, or uniformity isn't an actual word. You are flat out wrong and making up shit STILL. And I 100% called it. More derp de derp fraud nonsense from someone that only posts stupid shit.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L I posted a pic that said the word doesn't mean what you think it does and then went on to explain how your claim that this system you keep pimping is going to make things uniform does nothing of the sort based off how imbalanced the conf slates are.

That isn't even remotely close to saying uniform, or uniformity isn't an actual word. You are flat out wrong and making up shit STILL. And I 100% called it. More derp de derp fraud nonsense from someone that only posts stupid shit.
You claimed he word did not exist by not understanding its content.In order to deflect and remove it entirely from the statement.That is why you bolded it and chose that meme.......Even tho it was used i its proper context.

And the P5's not using a uniform schedule plays a major role in the selection process. You can not compare teams without a uniform schedule.It shifts W/L ratios and leaves you with no common ground to gauge teams properly. Thats simple math

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You claimed he word did not exist by not understanding its content.In order to deflect and remove it entirely from the statement.That is why you bolded it and chose that meme.......Even tho it was used i its proper context.

And the P5's not using a uniform schedule plays a major role in the selection process. You can not compare teams without a uniform schedule.It shifts W/L ratios and leaves you with no common ground to gauge teams properly. Thats simple math

What was said after that pic was:
Going with auto bids when no two conference play the same type of schedule, same number of teams in their own conf, and really only the B12 plays every team in theirs is just plain dumb.

There isn't anything close to balance in your proposal. In any way. Get lucky and miss the two biggest teams from the other division? Cool, you have an inside track to a free ride to the playoffs! Happen to play them? Sucks to be you. Your schedule dictates you have no real chance. Too bad.
NOTHING in there at all makes a claim that the word uniform isn't a real word, more or less 'uniformity' as you SPECIFICALLY said I claimed wasn't a real word. It wasn't mentioned in that post at all.
More, I didn't highlight one single word, I highlighted a phrase (Unless teams play uniform schedules.) which clearly shows what I was saying you were being an idiot about... and then proved how you are an idiot. With the facts that 4 of the 5 conferences crown a champ on the backs of an imbalanced schedule. This precludes there being uniform outcomes from your stupid 5+1 auto bid format.

So no, I neither directly mentioned 'uniformity' at all, nor made any claims of any type of word not really being true words. Claiming you misuse phrases doesn't meet that criteria in any way, shape, or form.

More lies, spin, and fraud. And I called it.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was said after that pic was:

NOTHING in there at all makes a claim that the word uniform isn't a real word, more or less 'uniformity' as you SPECIFICALLY said I claimed wasn't a real word. It wasn't mentioned in that post at all.
More, I didn't highlight one single word, I highlighted a phrase (Unless teams play uniform schedules.) which clearly shows what I was saying you were being an idiot about... and then proved how you are an idiot. With the facts that 4 of the 5 conferences crown a champ on the backs of an imbalanced schedule. This precludes there being uniform outcomes from your stupid 5+1 auto bid format.

So no, I neither directly mentioned 'uniformity' at all, nor made any claims of any type of word not really being true words. Claiming you misuse phrases doesn't meet that criteria in any way, shape, or form.

More lies, spin, and fraud. And I called it.

If thats what you want to claim. Then you used the meme out of context......

That was meant in humor.Because you Bolded the word and didnt understand its context.not sure why it bothered you. But If you want to do the twins thing.......We are quite a bit alike

Last edited: