• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host the Royals For Three Games June 21-23

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan had this to say, but I disagree with him, actually.

Josh Smith entered today ranked 9th in the majors in OPS for June, right between Gunnar Henderson and Freddie Freeman. Just ridiculous to consider.

Josh Smith, hit extremely well in the minors. He seemed poised to hit this well in the majors. He had over a .900 OPS in his minor league career. What he is doing now, is not ridiculous at all, considering how well he hit in the minors.
Good point. If anything Josh could have used more MOLB time but he was needed
He is a baseball junkie that needs to be in the lineup daily.

The type of guy it would be a mistake to give up on

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Langford LF, Carter CF, Garcia RF and Jankowski 4th OF'er

Jung 3B, Seager SS, Semien 2B, Lowe 1B and Heim C.

that leaves DH for Duran, Foscue & Smith to split with an occasional start to give someone a rest. and all of us complaining that they're not getting enough playing time.

don't really want to lose 1 of them but logic says that a package centered around 1 of them will bring us someone at a position we need like in the bullpen
Duran or Smith can give rest to Jung/Seager and Foscue the same for lowe.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hans Crouse pitched an inning in relief for the Angels yesterday. He struck out two without allowing a baserunner. I am glad he finally made it back to the big leagues.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently. Trevor Bauer is considering a multi-million dollar lawsuit against MLB for freezing him out of the league

"I’d really prefer not to go this route but if I continue being kept out of baseball as I currently am I may have no other choice. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that and I’m allowed to return to my career that was taken from me over provably false allegations that never held any merit to begin with." - Trevor Bauer

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Langford LF, Carter CF, Garcia RF and Jankowski 4th OF'er

Jung 3B, Seager SS, Semien 2B, Lowe 1B and Heim C.

that leaves DH for Duran, Foscue & Smith to split with an occasional start to give someone a rest. and all of us complaining that they're not getting enough playing time.

don't really want to lose 1 of them but logic says that a package centered around 1 of them will bring us someone at a position we need like in the bullpen
Duran can be 4th OFer. Jankowski can hit the road.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t believe I’m saying this after his performance last year, but the rangers not only have to keep Smith, but they need to continue to play him everyday.

hes performing at nearly an all star level.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t believe I’m saying this after his performance last year, but the rangers not only have to keep Smith, but they need to continue to play him everyday.

hes performing at nearly an all star level.
I think you can say that last sentence without the word "nearly."

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing how many of our upper level hitters are having down years or awful years. Actually, some of the lower level hitters are hitting below expectations as well.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duran can be 4th OFer. Jankowski can hit the road.
i've got you guys thinking but the 4th OF'er needs to be able to play all 3 outfield positions, Duran has played plenty of left field, but he's never played center field and has played 2 innings in right field.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've got you guys thinking but the 4th OF'er needs to be able to play all 3 outfield positions, Duran has played plenty of left field, but he's never played center field and has played 2 innings in right field.
The other outfielders can interchange where Duran can just play LF. You have a good thought process in what you said but we can make it work. Jankowski is close to having a Knizner for an OFer.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other outfielders can interchange where Duran can just play LF. You have a good thought process in what you said but we can make it work. Jankowski is close to having a Knizner for an OFer.
Yeah, we have some CF options. Smith has played a little there, I believe, and Duran as well.

I would imagine they would also keep Leody even if he isn't starting any longer. I wouldn't mind trading him, but if they do, they might want to acquire some minor league depth at CF. Of course they still have Hill and Dustin Harris. Harris is already on the 40-man.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers will announce some promotions over the next couple of days. One has leaked out. Rosario is going up to Hickory.

Jeff Wilson says Kohl Drake is going to Hickory as well.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Several options.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knizner just kind of blows. I mean at least Hedges was elite defensively and fun to have on the team.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be that the only hitters in our system to move up via promotion this week will be guys from the Dominican League or the ACL.