• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Qb comparisons

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to hear your comparisons of Staubach and Aikman to a Qb in today's game.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
frankly....I'm pretty darn sure you wouldn't understand...which is fine. I just don't see stats factor much when 80% of the balls travel 10 yards or less in the air.

You can toot Romo's horn all you want... and anywhere you go, you'd be in the extremely shorter line on the topic.

Brady is #2 on my all time best list and P. Manning is high too, but don't diminish what past greats did cause they seldom threw the ball 28 times a game. That ain't right.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking for a true comparison. This has nothing to do with Brady and Manning. From what I saw of Staubach , I think a Rodgers comparison is very fair. I remember Roger scrambling making plays. Now I only saw him 2-3 yrs?? I saw Rodger as a leader , more so than I do Rodgers but accuracy and ability are close IMO.
Not sure how Romo got thrown into this.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words I see Staubach as a top 10 player of All Time. Aikman , nowhere close

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as rules/ era- it is what it is. Don't penalize Manning or Brady because they are the best at what they do in This ERA. I heard Joe Montana say yesterday that he loved Roger Craig, but he would have loved to play in this era.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does it sting that much to put Aikman and Flacco in the same sentence

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aikman doesn't have some of the gaudy stats because he had Emmitt and that line producing safe running yards.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how Romo got thrown into this.
I looked at your post and thought for sure you were referring to Tony.

"I would love to hear your comparisons of Staubach and Aikman to a Qb in today's game"

who knew you meant Rodgers or is it Brady?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm asking which Qb playing today reminds you most of Staubach ? Aikman?

My answer would be Rodgers to Staubach. Flacco to Aikman.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit....
Had seats one year in the early 90's near the 30/35 yard line at Texas Stadium and about 8 rows up from the field. You would not believe the accuracy and velocity Troy could throw a 20/25 yard pass. The ball was outta his hand and on the receiver like nothing I've seen. Flacco has the best playoff run for a QB I've ever seen the year they won it all and that's all I can say good about Joe Flacco. Horrible....maybe Ryan but no way Joe, IMO

I don't see a Staubach. Rodger the Dodger was just that. Romo might be closer than Rodgers.
Captain America!.....One of a Kind!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt - Ryan was in my thoughts, but leadership is big with me and the winning. To me Ryan looks the part , but he is missing some intangibles. Jarntt called it on Staubach when he said the word special. To me that's ARod.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about Rodgers for Staubach, but Rodgers has a much stronger arm. Next guy I thought of was Romo lol(Romo of the last couple of years of course). For Aikman, a more accurate Flacco

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously this idea of "best QB" can't be proved. And everyone ,from the last message board ,we were all on, knows how I feel about Romo. BUT......Romo is far better suited for this age of offense. He moves in the pocket better than Aikman ever thought of. And he isn't just a scrambler like Staubach. Romo has higher QBR,Passer rating,Completion percentage, Yards gained per pass, and second in Yards per catch to Roger.

And Romo, last season finally got to run an offense that was most like Aikman's........50% run 50% pass

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. So StarOne and me are in agreement

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And of course we could discuss talent level of the players and coaches Staubach,Aikman, and Romo have been with. How many hall of famers did Staubach play with or under? ..Landry,Stautner,Alworth,Ditka,Wright,Randy, Bob etc...
Aikman had Jimmy,Michael,EMMITT,Larry,Charles,Deion,etc.
Romo has had Witten ,Bill, Demarcus Dez,Murray

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And of course we could discuss talent level of the players and coaches Staubach,Aikman, and Romo have been with. How many hall of famers did Staubach play with or under? ..Landry,Stautner,Alworth,Ditka,Wright,Randy, Bob etc...
Aikman had Jimmy,Michael,EMMITT,Larry,Charles,Deion,etc.
Romo has had Witten ,Bill, Demarcus Dez,Murray
And defenses that could beat the shit out of you. I agree it impossible to camper players of old with those today, but Roger was the Captain and will always be #1 to me.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And defenses that could beat the shit out of you. I agree it impossible to camper players of old with those today, but Roger was the Captain and will always be #1 to me.

I never played pro football....Did you? So, I see the first "comment" as irrelevant. I was a fan of Roger Staubach.
I saw him play twice....He thought he was stifled by Landry's coaching.
My point was and is...it's tough to compare Roger,Troy, and Tony in their eras,teammates coaches and systems. All three have shown heroism. Romo played with cracked bones in the Washington game and brought his team back in the second half....He also cracked ribs and had a punctured lung in the 49er game at SF......Aikman was battered in the 49er playoff game.....
And I also contend that out of all three QBs, Romo has had the least help, both on offense, defense , head coaching and Garrett as former "O" coordinator.
But just imagine Romo or Staubach with the 90's COWBOYS

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never played pro football....Did you? So, I see the first "comment" as irrelevant. I was a fan of Roger Staubach.
I saw him play twice....He thought he was stifled by Landry's coaching.
My point was and is...it's tough to compare Roger,Troy, and Tony in their eras,teammates coaches and systems. All three have shown heroism. Romo played with cracked bones in the Washington game and brought his team back in the second half....He also cracked ribs and had a punctured lung in the 49er game at SF......Aikman was battered in the 49er playoff game.....
And I also contend that out of all three QBs, Romo has had the least help, both on offense, defense , head coaching and Garrett as former "O" coordinator.
But just imagine Romo or Staubach with the 90's COWBOYS
I doubt either one of them could have done better than the 3 Rings Aikman won. Aikman and Irvin could have had far better stats if the Cowboys threw the ball more, but they might not have won as much. The last couple of years, Romo has been good with running the ball more, but earlier in his career, every other play was an audible to a pass. I don't think Aikman gets enough credit for being team first

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still trying to account for all this talent Rodger had on offense through his years, Surely we're not talking Alworth and Ditka when they played in Dallas. Not many HOF'er but he did have a top 10 defense.

Opinions will vary and that remains all good, but any era with Romo and Staubach competing for the starting QB job with land Romo holding the clip board.....in my not so humble opinion.

HOT SPORTS OPINION....Gil Brandt absolutely had a huge part in making the cowboys and belongs right along side Tom & Tex in the ROH and Pro Football HOF.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt either one of them could have done better than the 3 Rings Aikman won. Aikman and Irvin could have had far better stats if the Cowboys threw the ball more, but they might not have won as much. The last couple of years, Romo has been good with running the ball more, but earlier in his career, every other play was an audible to a pass. I don't think Aikman gets enough credit for being team first

I keep forgetting, Romo is head coach and "O" coordinator.

And by the way,I'm a great fan of Aikman's.........but Johnson/Turner/Aikman had no audible system......Norv called the play, Aikman executed the play. If (Jerry Jone's puppet) Garrett didn't want Romo to call an audible, Garrett and Linehan would change the system.

And who changed the COWBOY'S to running the ball 51% of the time.......Garrett was visited by three spirits on Christmas eve.