• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Qb comparisons

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still trying to account for all this talent Rodger had on offense through his years, Surely we're not talking Alworth and Ditka when they played in Dallas. Not many HOF'er but he did have a top 10 defense.

Opinions will vary and that remains all good, but any era with Romo and Staubach competing for the starting QB job with land Romo holding the clip board.....in my not so humble opinion.

HOT SPORTS OPINION....Gil Brandt absolutely had a huge part in making the cowboys and belongs right along side Tom & Tex in the ROH and Pro Football HOF.

I admit Romo has a distinct advantage.......

He has a better head coach
Garrett is clearly better than Tom Landry

And Jerry Jones is clearly better than Tex and Gil

And our OFF THE STREET defense last season, needed a nickname like "DOOMED Day"

And I truly think Morris Claiborne is going to be better than Mel Renfro......book it

Besides that Staubach and Romo have equal teams.........

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....glad we agree Staubach woulda had Tony holding the clipboard

things never change... but spin to support cast if it makes you feel the need.
how many HOF'er on OFFENSE did Roger play with again? Landy & TEx?...LOL

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep forgetting, Romo is head coach and "O" coordinator.

And by the way,I'm a great fan of Aikman's.........but Johnson/Turner/Aikman had no audible system......Norv called the play, Aikman executed the play. If (Jerry Jone's puppet) Garrett didn't want Romo to call an audible, Garrett and Linehan would change the system.

And who changed the COWBOY'S to running the ball 51% of the time.......Garrett was visited by three spirits on Christmas eve.
If you don't think that Aikman could have pitched a fit to throw the ball more early in his career before the 3 Rings, I don't know what to tell ya. I'm a huge fan of Romo, but he's certainly not Roger and wouldn't have been a better fit on the 90's Cowboys. It was a different era. Google the concussion shot Aikman took against the Cards early in his career or the 12 sacks Philly game. Then look up the mugging Deion put on Irvin in the NFC Championship game. Put Aikman in today's flag football for QB's and receivers, and he is pretty close to Brady IMO

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't think that Aikman could have pitched a fit to throw the ball more early in his career before the 3 Rings, I don't know what to tell ya. I'm a huge fan of Romo, but he's certainly not Roger and wouldn't have been a better fit on the 90's Cowboys. It was a different era. Google the concussion shot Aikman took against the Cards early in his career or the 12 sacks Philly game. Then look up the mugging Deion put on Irvin in the NFC Championship game. Put Aikman in today's flag football for QB's and receivers, and he is pretty close to Brady IMO

Again, I'm a great fan of both Roger and Troy, never said anything different. I know Troy would have more fun in the Charger or Dolphin systems. And Fouts and Marino wish they would have had Super Bowl Rings.......But alas they're all in the Hall of Fame. I know Aikman, Staubach,Dandy Don, and Tony have been very tough QBs. We're all on the same side with that issue.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Technically speaking..How many HOF players did Staubach play on the same offense with????
Bob Hayes,Mike Ditka,Rayfield Wright,Forrest Gregg,Lance Alworth,Tony Dorsett.............

on defense...Bob Lilly,Mel Renfro,Herb Adderley,Randy White.........

and ring of honor..too many to mention

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Romo doesn't hold clipboards.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I just can't believe how much StarOne has thought this through

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at you getting your panties in a wad over an opinion. Sorry dude, Romo most certainly would ride the pine while Rodger did his thing
Staubach was always known for what he could do in the clutch in the playoffs. As much as I like Romo....not the same rep. Where Roger gets underestimated IMO, is that id he weren't butting heads with perhaps the greatest team ever, he'd have two more rings

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thing is - if he was so great which I think he was and Landry was so great- then why was the controversy between him and Morton.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no wonder you're so giddy.

If this guy is who I think he was back in the day of the mouse ears. It gets even better when talking all time cowboy runningbacks.

My man comes in here says his opinion and backs it up with multiple facts. My English Professor at Princeton would give him an A

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOT SPORTS OPINION....Gil Brandt absolutely had a huge part in making the cowboys and belongs right along side Tom & Tex in the ROH and Pro Football HOF

Still a pretty good talent evaluator even at 82 and I agree Pday he should be in the Hall of fame and ring of honor

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOT SPORTS OPINION....Gil Brandt absolutely had a huge part in making the cowboys and belongs right along side Tom & Tex in the ROH and Pro Football HOF

Still a pretty good talent evaluator even at 82 and I agree Pday he should be in the Hall of fame and ring of honor

I knew there was an old time cowboy fan that understood the thought.
:suds:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My man comes in here says his opinion and backs it up with multiple facts. My English Professor at Princeton would give him an A
facts like forrest Gregg, alworth and Ditka along with tex and tom??

Facts you say....LOL, no wonder you're so giddy.
Big Fucking Deal....now there are two. Congrats!!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thing is - if he was so great which I think he was and Landry was so great- then why was the controversy between him and Morton.
read a book...school yourself up a little. When do you think Tom shoulda handed the keys over to a guy who hadn't taken a snap in four years? Factor SB5 and the term next year's champions from the GB & Cleveland debacle seasons

I'm beginning to think this has become YOUR AGENDA and IMO, pure bull shit!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No bro, I love the Cowboys through and through. I have read books, watched NFL Films , seen games, etc. Like I said before I only got see Roger from 77 on. I remember the comeback at Texas stadium vs Washington. No agenda or bullshit here , just my opinion which you may call bullshit if you like.